• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Out Of Town Scoreboard

Phil

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

I haven't done a deep dive, but why does it seem that everybody the Ranger FO deems surplus seem to go elsewhere and thrive?

Lemieux is just the latest. 

We used to be on the winning side of a lot of these dumpster dive reclamation gambits, now we're stuck with Kevin Rooney, Ryan Reaves, and Dryden Hunt. 

A lot if it is luck, I guess, but if we were able to cobble depth together like Sather-Renney-Tortorella had, paired with our top end guys, holy shit, we'd have a great team.

The main thing that jumps out is his deployment 60% ozone starts, combined with a 106 PDO. 

It's 11 games in. It's likely he returns to his shitty JAG form. 

That said, I lose a little more faith in Drury daily. It's almost like he didn't take any of those other GM jobs because he knows he's an imposter. 

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

I haven't done a deep dive, but why does it seem that everybody the Ranger FO deems surplus seem to go elsewhere and thrive?

Lemieux is just the latest. 

We used to be on the winning side of a lot of these dumpster dive reclamation gambits, now we're stuck with Kevin Rooney, Ryan Reaves, and Dryden Hunt. 

A lot if it is luck, I guess, but if we were able to cobble depth together like Sather-Renney-Tortorella had, paired with our top end guys, holy shit, we'd have a great team.

I think it’s called patience which we dont have much anymore. Its the same we see with Chytil and other kids. Fans not giving them a chance to grow and find their game. 

5 minutes ago, CCCP said:

I think it’s called patience which we dont have much anymore. Its the same we see with Chytil and other kids. Fans not giving them a chance to grow and find their game. 

Chytil is in his 4th NHL season.

Lemieux was here for parts of 3... What's the deadline for "patience"? A decade? 

49 minutes ago, Pete said:

Chytil is in his 4th NHL season.

Lemieux was here for parts of 3... What's the deadline for "patience"? A decade? 

Idk. How long did it take JT Miller to break out? How long did it take Strome to move up from being a fouth liner/NHL bust?  Your favorite players are perfect examples

7 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Idk. How long did it take JT Miller to break out? How long did it take Strome to move up from being a fouth liner/NHL bust?  Your favorite players are perfect examples

OK, so I'll ask again...How long should you hang onto a player who's doing absolutely nothing for you? Environment is a factor. There's a chance Strome would still be a 4th liner for Edmonton.

Strome actually credited Quinn with his changing his mind set. He said he was putting so much pressure on himself to have an impact on the game and Quinn just reduced his goal to "have a good shift".

There could be dozens of reasons players don't have success in one city, and do better in others. But something has to actually change. There's no evidence that if Lemiuex stayed here anything would have "clicked", but like I said...60% o zone starts high PDO point to his coach deploying him in safe spaces and him being lucky.

Ryan Reaves getting 50% Ozone starts makes me feel like if Lemiuex were here, that's where he'd be...same as where he was under Quinn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

Six years, or so, and two major trades, which he directly credited with getting him on the right track. A wake up call, basically.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pete said:

OK, so I'll ask again...How long should you hang onto a player who's doing absolutely nothing for you? Environment is a factor. There's a chance Strome would still be a 4th liner for Edmonton.

Strome actually credited Quinn with his changing his mind set. He said he was putting so much pressure on himself to have an impact on the game and Quinn just reduced his goal to "have a good shift".

There could be dozens of reasons players don't have success in one city, and do better in others. But something has to actually change. There's no evidence that if Lemiuex stayed here anything would have "clicked", but like I said...60% o zone starts high PDO point to his coach deploying him in safe spaces and him being lucky.

Ryan Reaves getting 50% Ozone starts makes me feel like if Lemiuex were here, that's where he'd be...same as where he was under Quinn.

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Everyone is different. As long as it takes, i guess. Im not a fan of dumping your young players because they havent peaked yet. Otherwise whats the point of the rebuild?

Getting their new arena after 30 years of complaining wasn't enough to keep classy Islanders faithful happy for long.  They booed them heavily at the end last night, never mind that it's a Islanders-Bridgeport split squad trying to play against perhaps the most talented team in the world.