• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

CAR Sign Tony DeAngelo to 1-Year/$1M Contract

Phil

Odd DeAngelo fact. When the Lightning traded DeAngelo to Arizona for the 37th pick in the draft, that pick was none other than Libor Hajek.

That whole Arizona trade with the Rangers is still functioning in a weird way as Stepan just signed with the Canes after Raanta and DeAngelo did a few days ago. It's destiny that Hajek gets dealt there. Andersson soon to follow.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony's issue is that he's insubordinate. It's not that he's racist. It's not that he's political. "Cancer" is a poor way to describe him. Think of him much in the way you would a class clown. He's well-liked by his peers, but much like a class clown, he detracts from the intended goal. In school, learning. In hockey, performance.

Avery is a fine comparison because he faced similar circumstances. The difference is that there's a decade between their careers which has seen a rise in both social media and cancel culture. Avery was effectively canceled by the league and the Rangers were the only team willing to give him a second shot. Tortorella got tired of his antics and waived him despite the fact that he still provided positive contributions to the team and was beloved by his teammates. You have to be a part of the room, not bigger than it.

This I can agree with. Thanks for your input.

• Like 1

You have nothing right. My point is not to take issue with ADA or Kane nor discuss what I have a problem with nor to discuss Logan Culture and his tweet. My point is that players are being treated differently because of the nature of their tweets. Kane can call someone a fairy and nobody labels him for life as a homophobic or bigot. Kane can discuss politics and kneeling for anthems or support for BLM protest/riots and nobody seems to care that he tweets about politics. ADA can offer the exact opposite view towards kneeling or BLM protests and than politics is a problem in which it cannot be ignored. Kane has multiple coaches bench and complain about him publicly. Kane has been accused of multiple assaults far worse than anything ADA has ever been accused of. Kane's issues have all been as an adult. ADA mostly as a child.

Again, there is no evidence this is about politics. That's the narrative you're choosing to make it about. If you want it to be about politics, it can be regardless of how right or wrong you are, but then you can't rightly complain about the separation of sports and politics.

I have zero problem with Canes fans freedom of protesting ADA but why are they protesting? Politics and their disgust of his. Which is the center of this whole fucking thread. Why was ADA exiled. Politics. It's the same reason the Canes are taking heat for signing him, politics. It's the same reason Pete calls him a cunt. It's the same reason why you guys can't let the guy go without shamming him and kicking him on the way out. It's the same reason why I defend him. Not because I think he's some great guy or I give a fuck about him. It's because I don't want to be fired because of my views. It's why I don't want to be banned from forums on the internet because I don't agree with you. It's all the same shit. Is that really to hard to understand? Freedom of speech is not I say I'm pro-life so now I have 100 lunatics surround my home and harass my family until I relent.

Canes fans are upset because he doesn't fit their culture. He doesn't fit their rather carefully cultivated brand. He doesn't fit the make and mold of player that made the Canes endearing to their fans. They had/have a very, very good thing going - they don't want to light a match in a tinderbox. But again - you're bringing it back to "it must be because he's a Republican" - you're making this about the politics. You've also once again confused your right to say something with your right to not face consequences for saying it. The NHL is not the government; it's a private entity. If you're pro-life and you say something abhorrent enough that you manage to get a hundred lunatics around your home - that's the free market letting you know you crossed a line. It had no bearing on your right to say it. If you don't like that having extreme views can cost you money, followers, business, etc - then you're missing the part of free speech that makes it a double-edged sword.

As for kicking him on the way out - who's doing that? He's an opponent now. I'm a Rangers fan, not a DeAngelo fan. I wish him well, and I hope we torch him every time we play him. Do you root for Jesper Fast to put up a three spot on us? Or Brady Skjei to throw a big hit at Panarin? No? Good, you get it then.

I'm not making judgement on Kane. I'm pointing out it took far less for you and the Rangers front office to pass judgement on ADA. What is the difference between Kane and ADA? Kane checks every box that you cite as the reason for ADA being so far gone to employ. Why has Kane avoided the same punishment or vitriol on twitter? All I'm asking for is consistency and fairness.

You don't know that. At all. You have only the external evidence to say so, and you're drawing conclusions by making assumptions. And, well, you know what they say about assumptions.

Your last paragraph I have no idea what you are talking about. This is political. I'm making the argument that ADA's politics are why he is exiled and pointing out that Kane would have been handed the same fate long ago if it wasn't about politics. I've made no statement about your or anyone elses feelings here towards Kane. My statements are about the powers that be in the NHL and the twitter mob.

And your argument is inherently an assumption that you have no evidence for aside from that his tweets were occasionally inflammatory and political. You're making the assumption that's why he was removed from the team, because that's convenient for you to get on that soapbox and whine about Charlie Kirk nonsense like cancel culture. Bro, he just signed another contract with another team. He's not cancelled. He's not exiled. He's getting exactly the same fifth chance that Kane has - right or wrong.

You and Phil quickly attacked me about me being me or whatever that is supposed to mean. Pretty sure that's not a compliment Phil but sure It's on me to keep it civil.

This is all about two standards of punishment and reaction. What did Logan Coulture say that made an apology necessary?

Logan Couture understands something: he has both rights and responsibilities. It is his right to say what he wants. It is his responsibility to recognize his role in San Jose and in his community, why people turn to sports, why politics and sports often mix and cause volatility, and to use that platform appropriately. He felt that if he had caused someone such anger that they would be willing to throw a punch, that he's got to at least reconsider how he's using that platform. That's the difference between a right and a responsibility. I don't need to agree with Couture's decision (I don't - I actually think someone punching him for his political beliefs is a ridiculous overreaction) to understand why he chose to do it.

And all of the others acts of insubordination that we don't publicly know of. Tony said that himself. You're politicizing it more than Tony is by implying that there's some deep-rooted cause. There isn't. Management and coaching would tell him to do something across multiple organizations and he would refuse to comply. You're confounding the public backlash towards Tony with the actual disciplinary action.

Drew he signed a big contract in the summer. Slammed the door 2 periods in got benched for a game or 2 and got punched in game 4. They gave him a contract a big one then pulled the plug on him 4 games into the season. There isn't a lot of room there for more antics that changed their impression of him. That's a drastic change of course in 4 games. Of course there were other things going on then.

Tony's issue is that he's insubordinate. It's not that he's racist. It's not that he's political. "Cancer" is a poor way to describe him. Think of him much in the way you would a class clown. He's well-liked by his peers, but much like a class clown, he detracts from the intended goal. In school, learning. In hockey, performance.

Avery is a fine comparison because he faced similar circumstances. The difference is that there's a decade between their careers which has seen a rise in both social media and cancel culture. Avery was effectively canceled by the league and the Rangers were the only team willing to give him a second shot. Tortorella got tired of his antics and waived him despite the fact that he still provided positive contributions to the team and was beloved by his teammates. You have to be a part of the room, not bigger than it.

Well that's the point. Cancel culture came for ADA but not Kane.

And let's get this straight. Im not saying ADA didn't have some problems or didn't do the things you guys are saying. However you guys are sticking with politics had zero role in his exile. Then why did they tell him to stop talking politics? It's being purposefully naive to say it had nothing to do with it. Maybe it wasn't everything to do with it. However the issues ADA came with, weren't worth dealing with once his politics became a lightning rod. There are boatloads of guys teams work with to make use of their talent. ADA was deemed not worth the problem that came with him. Like fans threatening to terminate season ticket subscriptions.

Stealing the puck from Miller was lambasted by the organization. It made the writer of that article go into a several-month hiatus and effectively torched his career. Did anyone legitimately think that he "hacked" the Zoom call?

The goalie punch and the penalty box door slamming were issues in a grander scope of insubordination. I'm pretty sure others have brought that up. Pete comes to mind.

While this is true that the organization torched the idea, the thought still lingers through people's opinions. Otherwise fans wouldn't be so butt hurt about a class clown. They've gone as far as to suggest he had a burner Twitter account. Same people suggest there's gotta be a chance he hacked the zoom meeting. The FACT that it was a thought that got any legs is the problem.

I think there's a lot of misinformation about the guy that gets spun into a web of non factual bullshit. People literally think he's a racist, a "insurrectionist ", a homophobe, a shithead that started a podcast to own libs and a locker room cancer. And that's just here! Look through any thread about his dismissal here. Even before that.. That's what is brought up.

This isn't this far off over defensive take. This is what's going around. You don't have to look further than these message boards to find these takes. It's now stretched as far as Carolina and the league.

If you think insubordination is the root of this supposed outrage of a player signing, I d have to say you're being disingenuous.

Well that's the point. Cancel culture came for ADA but not Kane.

Which is selectively ignoring the point that I made. Cancel culture isn't what lost ADA his spot. It's what's now trying to prevent him from finding a new one. Insubordination is what got him tossed by the Rangers and the two organizations prior. Stop confounding the two.

If you think insubordination is the root of this supposed outrage of a player signing, I d have to say you're being disingenuous.

I never said that it was. Insubordination is what got him bounced from three organizations. Cancel culture is what's trying to prevent him from moving on in addition to the worries about future insubordination.

And let's get this straight. Im not saying ADA didn't have some problems or didn't do the things you guys are saying. However you guys are sticking with politics had zero role in his exile. Then why did they tell him to stop talking politics? It's being purposefully naive to say it had nothing to do with it. Maybe it wasn't everything to do with it. However the issues ADA came with, weren't worth dealing with once his politics became a lightning rod. There are boatloads of guys teams work with to make use of their talent. ADA was deemed not worth the problem that came with him. Like fans threatening to terminate season ticket subscriptions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/01/sports/hockey/rangers-demote-top-player-and-say-he-wont-be-back.html

His opinions on social media weren’t a factor in the decision to waive DeAngelo, the team’s second-highest-paid defenseman by average annual value, Rangers President John Davidson said.

“I think there’s a fine line obviously with social media but there’s also freedom of speech and we certainly watch what our players say and do on social media,’’ Davidson said. “But that had nothing to do with this.”

Davidson added that he had spoken to DeAngelo and wanted to help him.

“Some time ago, I had Tony into my office at the training center,” Davidson said. “We had a real good conversation and my feeling was that with Tony we had to try to help Tony. Tony’s got a lot of good attributes. Sometimes he gets in his own way, which has happened again. And we had to make it clear that if something came up again, that something’s going to happen. And that’s exactly what happened.”

I think we can safely say that this has nothing to do with his politics - there's the answer right from the horses mouth on the day after his demotion.

Did you see how the Rangers handled posting during any of the racial controversies throughout 2020? Did you notice that they were often the last team to post, if at all, and often stuck to very vague statements of support? The Rangers aren't a political organization. They are not a leftist organization. Dolan has his own political views and is also very cognizant of the blue-collar conservative fans that form a significant portion of his fanbase. Tony wasn't ousted for his political views. He was ousted because of his insubordination. Part of that included picking fights with fans on Twitter which stemmed from his political views. His political views weren't the issue. It's that he felt the need to snap back at those that critiqued his views. You don't see Seth Jones picking fights on Twitter despite his conservative tweets and retweets.

While this is true that the organization torched the idea, the thought still lingers through people's opinions. Otherwise fans wouldn't be so butt hurt about a class clown. They've gone as far as to suggest he had a burner Twitter account. Same people suggest there's gotta be a chance he hacked the zoom meeting. The FACT that it was a thought that got any legs is the problem.

I think there's a lot of misinformation about the guy that gets spun into a web of non factual bullshit. People literally think he's a racist, a "insurrectionist ", a homophobe, a shithead that started a podcast to own libs and a locker room cancer. And that's just here! Look through any thread about his dismissal here. Even before that.. That's what is brought up.

This isn't this far off over defensive take. This is what's going around. You don't have to look further than these message boards to find these takes. It's now stretched as far as Carolina and the league.

Man, these really aren't takes. They're statements of fact based on what he posted on Twitter and has done in the past. Whether they continue to hold true is the statement of growth many will look for with his chance in Carolina.

The burner thing is just fucking funny. If it's really him, amazing troll work. If it's not, also amazing troll work, really.

The hacking the Zoom call thing - this is literally the first time I've heard that take. Was that Herman again?

I mean - he right fucking should get blacklisted if he was betting on his games. Kane was widely seen as a risk acquisition when the Sharks took him on - it wasn't like he was getting off without heat. If he's done what's been accused? He should be gone, immediately.

As for DeAngelo - seems like he's getting precisely as many second chances as everyone else. I don't have the full story of why he's gone, but I have to believe that it's more than tweets. Athletes tweet dumb shit all the time and don't get chucked off their teams for it - Cole Beasley, Lebron, Djokovic - just a few examples. He did something internal - no pro team chucks talent like his to the curb over nothing.

But we're just going to keep exhuming this "but his politics" nonsense.

But.... you're not caring about the assault changes. Because it was just assault on a woman. Not sexual assault. Point was,why is he not ALREADY blacklisted?

As Cap suggested, those athletes you listed don't get told to zip it, nor are they forced to apologize for their views. Nobody should have to do that. Yet this player was, as was Couture.

It seems like a one way street as far as what side of politics is allowed to to plastered all over social media.

Fans don't get bent on a player for insubordination. People seriously hate this guy. You're telling me that's all because of some unknown locker room problems? Or not listening to management? That's NOT what is being displayed when people show their disgust for this guy.

Again, there is no evidence this is about politics. That's the narrative you're choosing to make it about. If you want it to be about politics, it can be regardless of how right or wrong you are, but then you can't rightly complain about the separation of sports and politics.

Canes fans are upset because he doesn't fit their culture. He doesn't fit their rather carefully cultivated brand. He doesn't fit the make and mold of player that made the Canes endearing to their fans. They had/have a very, very good thing going - they don't want to light a match in a tinderbox. But again - you're bringing it back to "it must be because he's a Republican" - you're making this about the politics. You've also once again confused your right to say something with your right to not face consequences for saying it. The NHL is not the government; it's a private entity. If you're pro-life and you say something abhorrent enough that you manage to get a hundred lunatics around your home - that's the free market letting you know you crossed a line. It had no bearing on your right to say it. If you don't like that having extreme views can cost you money, followers, business, etc - then you're missing the part of free speech that makes it a double-edged sword.

As for kicking him on the way out - who's doing that? He's an opponent now. I'm a Rangers fan, not a DeAngelo fan. I wish him well, and I hope we torch him every time we play him. Do you root for Jesper Fast to put up a three spot on us? Or Brady Skjei to throw a big hit at Panarin? No? Good, you get it then.

You don't know that. At all. You have only the external evidence to say so, and you're drawing conclusions by making assumptions. And, well, you know what they say about assumptions.

And your argument is inherently an assumption that you have no evidence for aside from that his tweets were occasionally inflammatory and political. You're making the assumption that's why he was removed from the team, because that's convenient for you to get on that soapbox and whine about Charlie Kirk nonsense like cancel culture. Bro, he just signed another contract with another team. He's not cancelled. He's not exiled. He's getting exactly the same fifth chance that Kane has - right or wrong.

Logan Couture understands something: he has both rights and responsibilities. It is his right to say what he wants. It is his responsibility to recognize his role in San Jose and in his community, why people turn to sports, why politics and sports often mix and cause volatility, and to use that platform appropriately. He felt that if he had caused someone such anger that they would be willing to throw a punch, that he's got to at least reconsider how he's using that platform. That's the difference between a right and a responsibility. I don't need to agree with Couture's decision (I don't - I actually think someone punching him for his political beliefs is a ridiculous overreaction) to understand why he chose to do it.

Oh their culture, good one. Bill Peters says hi.

I have no problem with private business doing what they want. Oh are tax dollars spent to build homes for these private businesses? Are they exempt from antitrust laws?

Kicking on the way out? I'm not reposting all the hate ADA has received here. To ignore that people here hate him is not honest. Fast and Skeij were never called cunts on the way out. In fact I can't remember any Ranger being personally attacked for anything other than their play on the ice.

What I know is the Kane has never been disciplined like ADA for his past. His past is well documented look it up. The reasons you give for ADA's ouster all exist in Kane's career. In fact his transgressions are far worse.

You keep bringing up Charlie Kirk. Why? Who is he and why do I care? It's a soapbox for me to state my opinion but what are you standing on here? Is it not the same thing? You are trying to belittle my opinion as whining from a soapbox. It's bullshit and counterproductive to having a civil discussion. He was exiled from the Rangers, bro. Stupidly the Rangers destroyed their own asset which I would think we can all agree was horrible asset management.

https://theathletic.com/2025474/2020/08/26/sharks-logan-couture-apologizes-for-controversial-tweets/

Make what you want about the Coulture situation. Fact is nobody in public life is apologizing or upsetting anyone for voting for Obama or Biden. That is a one sided coin. He said his dad was a cop so he'd support the GOP if he could vote. It's ok to call cops all kinds of vile trash and not have to apologize for it. Ask Kapernick one of Kane's twitter buddies.

He did start a podcast to own the libs. He literally teased it using the same language conservative provacateurs use to describe their own. "We're going to push the envelope of political correctness," type stuff.

That they ended up just talking about sports is fine, but it doesn't change the fact it began to those purposes. He was attempting to channel his controversial Twitter account into a springboard to give his conservative followers another platform away from the Twitter trolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But.... you're not caring about the assault changes. Because it was just assault on a woman. Not sexual assault. Point was,why is he not ALREADY blacklisted?

Same reason as DeAngelo, and Patrick Kane, and Ray Rice, and Tyreek Hill, and probably many others I can't name off the top of my head. Because they're talented athletes who can afford good attorneys that get them off the charges, and the NHL doesn't fucking care about this as much as they should.

As Cap suggested, those athletes you listed don't get told to zip it, nor are they forced to apologize for their views. Nobody should have to do that. Yet this player was, as was Couture.

No, he wasn't, and neither was Couture.

It seems like a one way street as far as what side of politics is allowed to to plastered all over social media.

Can we stop with this "woe is us, we persecuted, silenced conservatives" nonsense? It's patently, hilariously untrue. Of the 10 most shared daily posts on Facebook, 7 of them are hard-right conservative, every goddamn day. What's this one way street crap?

Fans don't get bent on a player for insubordination. People seriously hate this guy. You're telling me that's all because of some unknown locker room problems? Or not listening to management? That's NOT what is being displayed when people show their disgust for this guy.

Who hates him? Does honest criticism now conflate with hatred? He's an exceptionally talented offensive defenseman who has a short temper, can't control his emotions, mouth, or defensive zone coverages, and apparently has an insubordination issue. He cost our team a lot this year.

Any of that untrue? Any of that hatred?

Dude it isn't that some fans don't get upset with the other point of view. It's that only one side plays a zero sum game. It must be total submission or else. I don't look to Kane, Kapernick, or ADA for my politics. I don't care what quite frankly uneducated fools have to say either way. What I do care about is the right to say those things for all. Twitter is an absolute fucking cesspool that belongs in the USSR same with Facebook.

He did start a podcast to own the libs. He literally teased it using the same language conservative provacateurs use to describe their own. "We're going to push the envelope of political correctness," type stuff.

That they ended up just talking about sports is fine, but it doesn't change the fact it began to those purposes. He was attempting to channel his controversial Twitter account into a springboard to give his conservative followers another platform away from the Twitter trolls.

"own the libs" is a frequently used talking point you have used here against me just voicing my opinion. Yes my views are in direct opposition of yours. No-one is trying to own the libs. They are just voicing their opinion which you don't like. Maybe this website has been created to "own the right". I'm sure you don't see it that way so please stop with that. Politcally incorrectness is not a right wing thing is it Bill Mahr? So his podcast didn't talk about politics but in your mind his intentions were to discuss politics in a format away from twitter trolls? What's your beef here? So what if he did talk politics? Are you or I allowed to start blogs or websites discussing politics? Would you be happy if your job told you to shut down this site because of the political talk? Would you just relent or would think they are violating your civil rights? Please

Oh their culture, good one. Bill Peters says hi.

Last owner. Last GM. Different owner. Different GM. Different culture.

Kicking on the way out? I'm not reposting all the hate ADA has received here. To ignore that people here hate him is not honest. Fast and Skeij were never called cunts on the way out. In fact I can't remember any Ranger being personally attacked for anything other than their play on the ice.

Because no other Rangers made headlines for being a moron off the ice. Full stop. ADA cost us games this year. He objectively hurt our locker room with his behavior on and off the ice. I don't understand why it's everyone else's fault but his here. He made his bed. He got his warnings. He got his rope and hung himself with it, but it's not his fault. Yeah, I get angry when a team I root for is materially hurt by one of their own players.

What I know is the Kane has never been disciplined like ADA for his past. His past is well documented look it up. The reasons you give for ADA's ouster all exist in Kane's career. In fact his transgressions are far worse.

Yep. And that's a problem for the NHL to deal with. But we could be talking about Sean Burke or Patrick Kane or Dany Heatley or Craig MacTavish or Slava Voynov (the one time they got it fucking right) or Ryan O'Reilly. It's a long and sustained pattern that the NHL does not fucking care about anything but their skill on the ice. Why should this surprise you?

You keep bringing up Charlie Kirk. Why? Who is he and why do I care? It's a soapbox for me to state my opinion but what are you standing on here? Is it not the same thing? You are trying to belittle my opinion as whining from a soapbox. It's bullshit and counterproductive to having a civil discussion. He was exiled from the Rangers, bro. Stupidly the Rangers destroyed their own asset which I would think we can all agree was horrible asset management.

Your opinion isn't being belittled by your whining from a soapbox. Your opinion isn't supported by facts - it's all assumptions because you have literally the same understanding of the NYR internal issues that ADA had that I do - none. Further, you've got the word of the President of the team that it had nothing to do with his politics and social media, so what you're doing is perverting the narrative to make a point that isn't supported by evidence because you want to make him out to be the victim. That's literally being on a soapbox.0

https://theathletic.com/2025474/2020/08/26/sharks-logan-couture-apologizes-for-controversial-tweets/

Make what you want about the Coulture situation. Fact is nobody in public life is apologizing or upsetting anyone for voting for Obama or Biden. That is a one sided coin. He said his dad was a cop so he'd support the GOP if he could vote. It's ok to call cops all kinds of vile trash and not have to apologize for it. Ask Kapernick one of Kane's twitter buddies.

I shall, because I'm just calling it what it is in the most literal sense, and not trying to spin it into a culture war narrative.

I never said that it was. Insubordination is what got him bounced from three organizations. Cancel culture is what's trying to prevent him from moving on in addition to the worries about future insubordination.

Which doesn't add up. Why would cancel culture be trying to stop him from moving on?

Moving on from what?

You're admitting here that there IS a cancel culture that is after him. How can there be no link between the pressure of the cancel culture and the fact that he was told to stop talking politics, and struggled to find a taker for his services after he was waived?

Again, if you think cancel culture has nothing to do with why he was cut and why he had no takers for a year, Id think you're not being genuine.

Which doesn't add up. Why would cancel culture be trying to stop him from moving on?

Moving on from what?

You're admitting here that there IS a cancel culture that is after him. How can there be no link between the pressure of the cancel culture and the fact that he was told to stop talking politics, and struggled to find a taker for his services after he was waived?

Again, if you think cancel culture has nothing to do with why he was cut and why he had no takers for a year, Id think you're not being genuine.

I'm being 100% genuine.

If cancel culture were the issue, he wouldn't have been signed by the Canes and pursued by other teams. Cancel culture is the angry mob of people on social media calling for him not to have been signed and threatening the cancellation of season ticket subscriptions. Teams don't operate based upon what a loud minority is expressing on social media. Cancel culture might be seeking to stop him, but it hasn't. And let's be abundantly clear, the Rangers never caved nor cared about that cancel culture.

What fans want doesn't equate to what teams want. What fans think doesn't equate to what teams think. You and others are confounding those points.

He struggled to find a taker because teams didn't want to pay $4.5M for a player they could also soon be thrown away. Why should a team take that full contract off of waivers? He's on a deal with the Canes that lasts one year and is capable of being buried. Teams didn't want to take a flier on him because they were worried that they'd be plagued by the issues that followed him through Tampa, Arizona, and then New York. Teams are interested in the talent. They're skeptical of the personality.

It completely adds up. Do the right math.

Not a single episode was about politics.

None. They are all still available to listen to. You can find them at your leisure. None are about politics. Zero. None. Nada. None were fun, funny or against political correctness. They pushed zero envelopes. Fucking boring. Horrible even. I was expecting much better from a guy that seems to be a fun guy on camera.

I'm pretty sure it was called "Watch Your Tone" due to management telling him not to discuss politics. Which again. He didn't. At all.

If he said he was starting it to "own the libs" ( I never heard of this), he sure owned them, because right here you're saying he did something he didn't. Got your expectations up to be a full on RW jerk fest. It wasn't. At . All.

Same reason as DeAngelo, and Patrick Kane, and Ray Rice, and Tyreek Hill, and probably many others I can't name off the top of my head. Because they're talented athletes who can afford good attorneys that get them off the charges, and the NHL doesn't fucking care about this as much as they should.

No, he wasn't, and neither was Couture.

Can we stop with this "woe is us, we persecuted, silenced conservatives" nonsense? It's patently, hilariously untrue. Of the 10 most shared daily posts on Facebook, 7 of them are hard-right conservative, every goddamn day. What's this one way street crap?

Who hates him? Does honest criticism now conflate with hatred? He's an exceptionally talented offensive defenseman who has a short temper, can't control his emotions, mouth, or defensive zone coverages, and apparently has an insubordination issue. He cost our team a lot this year.

Any of that untrue? Any of that hatred?

Lmao. So assault charges are seemingly OK, because athletes just get away with that stuff. Which is true... But somehow this unknown stuff that DeAngelo didis equal or worse than how teams look past rape and assault? Right there in the quote you're lumping DeAngelo in with would be criminals if they didn't have money..

How's that work? How's that not hate?

As for political silence. I guess social media pumps in algorithms to oiss people off. Your Facebook feed has 7 "hard" right wing posts? Mine has 10 "hard" liberal posts. The conservatives I follow on Twitter mysteriously lose followers or disappear from my feed. The fucking former president was banned across social media AS president. Don't. Just don't. This is going to get one of us in trouble. So, I'll stop there. I won't discuss this aspect further and I'm sorry I brought that part up. Agree?

Who hates him? You're kidding. Read anything here in any thread abouthim. Who hates him? That's funny. I'm not going to bring up examples and troll a user or 2 to peek their heads in here.