• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trading Panarin?

5 minutes ago, Keirik said:

No, Panarin is a gigantic problem compared to Gallant. Gallant is easily remedied. Bye bye. Oanarin? Not so much. 

Right - thats why its worth seeing him in at least one other system under a better coach...and if hes still a problem after that then u can talk about moving heaven and hell to push him out

Needs to happen. Last year this was a joke. It’s now a reality. He can’t play playoff hockey and we can’t afford to lose either in-house guys or the chance to bring in help because this guy is hogging cap space. They need to communicate and let him know they want to move him and find a spot he’s willing to go to.

To me, there is 0% chance Panarin is here in Camp. And that’s on him. He had 4 rounds of hockey to prove his worth. And even after being a Game 7 hero, he has still bled the rock dry.

Dump him. I’m sick of his act. I’m sick of his clownish nature. I’m sick of him not being accountable and pretending he can’t speak the language thus never facing the music. I’m sick of it all. Just a total disgrace. World class talent, but a total fucking dud come playoff time.

After sleeping on it, he's shouldn't go anywhere.

This fan-based truly does not know how to appreciate Superstars. You know even McDavid needed a supporting cast for the playoffs, I don't see how you could blame number 10 when the rest of the roster completely disappeared around him.

Trocheck 1 point and 43% on faceoffs. 

• Like 2
  • VINNY! 1

The problems with Panarin are really simple:

1.  He's a soft player who plays on the perimeter.

2.  He will almost always look for a pass, often cross-ice, before he shoots even when he has a lane to shoot.

3.  He leads by example and too many players try to do the things he does but with nothing approaching the skillset to make it work like he does.

4.  In the playoffs he has been under-productive because good teams take away the things he does well and when you do that he's just a small inconsequential player.

He gets his points in the regular season but often they are second assist reputational points.  How often do you look at his play and say "Wow!  That was a great play!"

I know this is not 100% accurate but he really looks like an accumulator to me at this point.  Not a scorer, an accumulator.

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

After sleeping on it, he's shouldn't go anywhere.

This fan-based truly does not know how to appreciate Superstars. You know even McDavid needed a supporting cast for the playoffs, I don't see how you could blame number 10 when the rest of the roster completely disappeared around him.

Trocheck 1 point and 43% on faceoffs. 

I'm sorry, but are you going to blame Trocheck for Panarin sucking??? If anything it goes the other way around. Panarin is the star player making twice as much money, he's the one that's supposed to elevate other players around him.

Besides, they tried everything with him. Gave him his best buddies Kane and Tarasenko (he sucked with both), he was bad on the PP (where there was no Trocheck) and he sucked when paired with Chytil and Kakko. And for some reason he can't play with our best center. He's running out of excuses here.

Panarin sucking is 100% on himself.

They need to give him a center who plays the way he plays. Create small two-on-one opportunities via give and go. 

One of the worst moves they made was bringing in Trocheck. I don't care that they walked away from Strome, but they didn't do it for an upgrade and that's the problem. 

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I'm sorry, but are you going to blame Trocheck for Panarin sucking??? If anything it goes the other way around. Panarin is the star player making twice as much money, he's the one that's supposed to elevate other players around him.

Besides, they tried everything with him. Gave him his best buddies Kane and Tarasenko (he sucked with both), he was bad on the PP (where there was no Trocheck) and he sucked when paired with Chytil and Kakko. And for some reason he can't play with our best center. He's running out of excuses here.

Panarin sucking is 100% on himself.

He played with Kane for about 5 minutes and then it was the one combination GG refused to go back to. 

Again, I'll keep saying it, this isn't a one-man league I don't care if you're a superstar. McDavid had Draisaitl and needed a much bigger supporting cast to move into the next round. McDavid while he had 10 points, only had three goals. The players around him were getting it done as well. 

If you're expecting one guy to do it alone, you're always going to be disappointed. I think that explains why you're so disappointed. 

Edited by Pete

There's so many players that we can blame.

The one major question that I have, and I know there is no answer to is:  "What exactly was our GAMEPLAN?"

Was it just "go play harder", "go play better"? 

I dunno fellas, it didn't look like we made very many adjustments, other than shuffle the lines a little bit.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

He played with Kane for about 5 minutes and then it was the one combination GG refused to go back to. 

Again, I'll keep saying it, this isn't a one-man league I don't care if you're a superstar. McDavid had Draisaitl and needed a much bigger supporting cast to move into the next round. McDavid while he had 10 points, only had three goals. The players around him were getting it done as well. 

If you're expecting one guy to do it alone, you're always going to be disappointed. I think that explains why you're so disappointed. 

Who said we're expecting Panarin to do anything alone tho? Many other gets their fair share too, but at the end of the day Panarin is the highest paid player and he's paid solely for PUTTING UP POINTS. Mika, Fox, Kreider etc does other things as well, but Panarin is a point producer and only that. 0 goals and 2 assists is just not acceptable from a player like that. You can come up with whatever excuse you want, but that's just not close to good enough and that's on him.

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Who said we're expecting Panarin to do anything alone tho? Many other gets their fair share too, but at the end of the day Panarin is the highest paid player and he's paid solely for PUTTING UP POINTS. Mika, Fox, Kreider etc does other things as well, but Panarin is a point producer and only that. 0 goals and 2 assists is just not acceptable from a player like that. You can come up with whatever excuse you want, but that's just not close to good enough and that's on him.

As bad as he was, he was probably one of the better players on the team. I don't think you can name more than two or three guys who we could even have a debate about playing better than he did. Maybe in certain games, but not as far as the series goes. So there's that.

He was on the puck, and he was trying to do something, again nobody is giving the devil's credit for their amazing defense. This was not a team that was known for defense but they came in and shut down Superstars. That was a plan devised by a coach who knows what he's doing.

If anything bread was guilty of trying to do too much. That's pretty much the opposite of last playoff. 

Yeah alright. 0 goals and two assists (both secondary in the first game) is good enough from our 11.5m forward because he "tried too much" and had no talent around him apparently (although everyone agreed before the playoffs that this is the most talented roster we've arguably ever had).

But yeah it's Trocheck's fault because he's not Strome.

29 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yeah alright. 0 goals and two assists (both secondary in the first game) is good enough from our 11.5m forward because he "tried too much" and had no talent around him apparently (although everyone agreed before the playoffs that this is the most talented roster we've arguably ever had).

But yeah it's Trocheck's fault because he's not Strome.

I understand you're angry and that you've lost perspective. You just keep parroting back the same tired lines without actually looking into why things are the way they are.

Please move on and just stop replying to my posts if you're going to reply in bad faith. 

Edited by Pete

Just now, Pete said:

I understand you're angry and that you've lost perspective. You just keep parroting back the same tired lines without actually looking into why things are the way they are.

Please move on and just stop replying to my posts if you're going to reply in bad faith. 

It's just funny watching you find a way to blame this loss on the Trocheck/Strome change, that's all.

I've not lost perspective at all. Panarin is our highest paid player because he's supposed to score goals and put up points. He's failed to do that in back-to-back playoffs with this last one being especially bad. Of course he deserves a lot of blame here.

6 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

It's just funny watching you find a way to blame this loss on the Trocheck/Strome change, that's all.

I've not lost perspective at all. Panarin is our highest paid player because he's supposed to score goals and put up points. He's failed to do that in back-to-back playoffs with this last one being especially bad. Of course he deserves a lot of blame here.

Of course it's funny to you because that's what you're perceiving, but that's not what's actually happening, so you can stop replying now because it's obvious you don't understand the point. 

Here's my issue with Panarin, other than the obvious complaints about going from a regular season hero to a playoff zero.

He supposedly doesn't "work with" Zibanejad, doesn't "work with" Trocheck, and doesn't "work with" Chytil. Apparently none of these guys "think the game the way he does", which I'm not sure is a bad thing anymore. So...who does he play with next year where we restore some level of confidence that he won't be a playoff bust again?

• Bullseye 1

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Here's my issue with Panarin, other than the obvious complaints about going from a regular season hero to a playoff zero.

He supposedly doesn't "work with" Zibanejad, doesn't "work with" Trocheck, and doesn't "work with" Chytil. Apparently none of these guys "think the game the way he does", which I'm not sure is a bad thing anymore. So...who does he play with next year where we restore some level of confidence that he won't be a playoff bust again?

Ryan Strome. In Anaheim.

They won't make the playoffs, so no worries about playoff bust.

• Applause 2

10 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Nobody said he doesn't work with Chytil, it wasn't tried.

But Chytil stinks so I guess a reasonable assumption can be made.

4. What’s the level of concern with Artemi Panarin?

To say that it's not increasing would be disingenuous.

Since signing with the Rangers in 2019, Panarin has led the team in points for four consecutive seasons and accelerated the timetable on the rebuild. He was a Hart Trophy finalist in his first year and rightly considered one of the best free-agent pickups in franchise history.

But fair or not, everything is amplified in the playoffs. And while the 31-year-old forward has been one of the NHL's most consistent point producers during the regular season, his postseason performances have left much to be desired.

Trading Panarin would strip the team of its most dynamic offensive weapon − not to mention the fact that he holds a full no-movement clause. He took less money to come to New York because he wanted to be here, with no indications he feels any differently today.

It's not as far-fetched of a possibility as it seemed even a year ago, but the odds remain long. The primary focus will likely be finding a way to build a more balanced roster that can help open space for Panarin when future opportunities arise − and if the ultra-skilled winger can eventually turn the corner, it will make the payoff feel that much sweeter.

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2023/05/02/5-questions-for-the-rangers-as-they-enter-a-pivotal-offseason/70174694007/