• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 — Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they have their finger on the pulse of that relationship. I can only assume at this point, that Quinn doesn't have a particularly high opinion of Kravtsov.

I mean, the Rangers just played their best period of hockey all season at the end of the last game. There's reason to keep the lineup the same. Rangers also haven't had many practices since Krav has been here. He'll get in soon. If they had no plans for him, he wouldn't be here.

I mean, the Rangers just played their best period of hockey all season at the end of the last game. There's reason to keep the lineup the same. Rangers also haven't had many practices since Krav has been here. He'll get in soon. If they had no plans for him, he wouldn't be here.

I'll roll with this, 31 :)

Hopefully they have their finger on the pulse of that relationship. I can only assume at this point, that Quinn doesn't have a particularly high opinion of Kravtsov.

Based on the zero NHL games he's coached him in? This strains credulity and feels more like personal projection than prophecy.

There was some aired out friction between the two, at least from Kravtsov's actions and interviews after not making the team last year.

Exactly. Not that this in any way retribution, or what have you, maybe, and I say maybe, maybe he doesn't think he slots in anywhere that can help him.

Exactly. Not that this in any way retribution, or what have you, maybe, and I say maybe, maybe he doesn't think he slots in anywhere that can help him.

From what I remember, Kravtsov in an interview claimed he was told they don't view him as a bottom 6 player and so they didn't have a spot for him. He wasn't happy about Smith making the team over him (as a bottom 6 wing).

I'm not sure what has changed in terms of the situation. It's doubtful he gets more than 9-10 minutes if he slots into the lineup, and it will be a bottom 6 role. Maybe even 4th line.

There was some aired out friction between the two, at least from Kravtsov's actions and interviews after not making the team last year.

Was there? I'd love to see any of that, because I'm not remembering any of this.

Was there? I'd love to see any of that, because I'm not remembering any of this.

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/kravtsov-unplugged-opens-up-in-interview-with-sport-express/

About going to Hartford: “They told me playing 6 minutes on the 4th line was not good for my development and they wanted me to play in Hartford to get better. It sounds like a generic answer you get from coaches”

On pre-season: “I played in 5 games and they told me I did not see the whole picture. I didn’t make the roster. Looking back, I do not regret anything. I gave it all, started at Traverse City. Pre-season was different. Players like Panarin and Zibanejad were on the team. I didn’t play in the top-6 but I can only blame myself for that.”

On David Quinn: “We talked and he told me things will get better each day. Again, it’s very generic. It’s like all the coaches say the same things.”

They also address the Smith quote which was apparently taken out of context by Google Translate.

These foreign interviews are always hard to get a good grasp on. You'd need a native speaker to translate.

Its obvious they wont play him on the 4th line, and thats fine. Only problem is that it basically just leaves one spot open for him (I guess you could argue Laf’s spot short term is open, but that would just be for a couple games). Goat had a good game last game, so I think its fair to give im another shot.

I do expect him to play after they shit the bed and gives Buffalo their first win since last year tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/kravtsov-unplugged-opens-up-in-interview-with-sport-express/

They also address the Smith quote which was apparently taken out of context by Google Translate.

These foreign interviews are always hard to get a good grasp on. You'd need a native speaker to translate.

Oof. Hadn't seen this before. I knew there was friction reported but never read the quotes.

I hope the dude kicks ass when he gets in.