• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 — Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What to watch for Kravtsov - in the offensive zone, he's always getting open in a spot to shoot. Love it.

Let's put him with DiGipetto and Rooney. That should work.

And good thing that incredibly ineffective Zibanejad line is kept together and getting the most minutes.

Update/Edit - no ES points in 4 games. Zibanejad had the OT goal, but not with that line.

Gauthier looked good, too. I don't get it. It's like he just refuses to ice the best lineup available to him.

"He's not a 4th liner"

Let's try Kravtsov there.

I thought Gauthier looked really good the last 2 games. He led forwards in hits, too. Used his speed, went to the net.

What to watch for Kravtsov - in the offensive zone, he's always getting open in a spot to shoot. Love it.

Let's put him with DiGipetto and Rooney. That should work.

And good thing that incredibly ineffective Zibanejad line is kept together and getting the most minutes.

Update/Edit - no ES points in 4 games. Zibanejad had the OT goal, but not with that line.

Shouldn't be surprising to anyone anymore. First, it's Quinn's mojo. Second, I mentioned the other day it will stay this way at least until they are mathematically eliminated. The sooner that is, the better.

For your daily dose of salt

#NYR* practice lines feature a few tweaks

Kreider - Zib - Buch

Panarin - Strome - Blackwell

Laf - Chytil - Kakko

PDG - Rooney - Kravtsov

Howden and Gauthier working in.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well Kakko did miss the SO attempt so he must be punished. In fact we all must be punished for Kakko's sins.

I'm just getting so sick and tired of not playing the best players on the ice right now. Kreider hasn't done jack shit for three weeks. Laf should be in the AHL. Kravtsov looks good and goes to the 4th line. Blackwell isn't Jesper Fast and while he's a serviceable bottom-6 player, isn't what gets Strome and Panarin going. This is amateur hour.

I'm just getting so sick and tired of not playing the best players on the ice right now. Kreider hasn't done jack shit for three weeks. Laf should be in the AHL. Kravtsov looks good and goes to the 4th line. Blackwell isn't Jesper Fast and while he's a serviceable bottom-6 player, isn't what gets Strome and Panarin going. This is amateur hour.

If you move Kreider down and Lafreniere is demoted, who do you suggest play LW?

For your daily dose of salt

#NYR* practice lines feature a few tweaks

Kreider - Zib - Buch

Panarin - Strome - Blackwell

Laf - Chytil - Kakko

PDG - Rooney - Kravtsov

Howden and Gauthier working in.

Lol.

Im passed getting annoyed, its just funny now.

«Kravtsov is not a 4th liner» he said one week ago, and that was part of the reason they waited with his debut a few extra days. It took 1 game (10 minutes) for him to forget that. Kravtsov didnt even do anything wrong, he had a solid debut, almost scored the game winner and now its right to the 4th line.

And Kakko down, after playing good with stromer and panarin. Blackwell is a top 6 winger again.

And PDG in for Gauthier. That will fix things.

Lafreniere is not allowed to play in the AHL.

Lol.

«Kravtsov is not a 4th liner» he said one week ago, and that was part of the reason they waited with his debut a few extra days. It took 1 game (10 minutes) for him to forget that. Kravtsov didnt even do anything wrong, he had a solid debut, almost scored the game winner and now its right to the 4th line.

And Kakko down, after playing good with stromer and panarin. Blackwell is a top 6 winger again.

#DevelopmentIsDifferentHere

Lol.

I've never seen someone have so little patience. I like to call it "panic." They get scored on, he panics. They lose a game, he panics. For some reason he changes the lines after a penalty kill or a PP as if he can't just put the 3rd out there who play neither of those special teams.

As mentioned in another thread it seems like he has no power over Panarin, Zib, Kreider or Strome, so perhaps he scratches his itch for power by mindlessly shifting young players and scrubs (players who have even less NHL experience than he does).

The only explanation is that he feels great pressure to win games and that's the fault of the Rangers organization. The point of this season is not to win games.

There hasn’t been an OHL season. Byfield has no other option. The QMJHL is in season. Laf would have to report back.

Ah, that's the answer! Sucks, because he has nothing to prove in Junior but could really benefit from some AHL time to regain his scoring touch and confidence.

Ah, that's the answer! Sucks, because he has nothing to prove in Junior but could really benefit from some AHL time to regain his scoring touch and confidence.

He could benefit from playing time in the NHL, but we're too busy trying to be competitive against Buffalo and chase a playoff spot (lol) so we have to give the ice time to Blackwell, Rooney, DiGisueppe (and ghost Kreider).

Kreider has sucked the past games, we lost to Buffalo and it was not the young guys' fault. The 1st line had 0 ES points in two games against Buffalo, thats not good enough.

So why not try something like:

Lafreniere - Zib - Buch

Panarin - Strome - Kakko

Kreider - Chytil - Kravtsov

Blackwell - Rooney - Gauthier

This season is over, so they should plan for the future and ice the time they likely/hopefully will ice next season when they try to be competitive. No offense to Blackwell, but we're not going anywhere with him on the 2nd line. DiGi is just not good enough. Stop fucking around and let the young guys learn.

The difference between our F prospects and D prospects is that DQ is basically forced to use the rookies/2nd year defensemen. You cant bench defensemen as easy as forwards, especially when its 2-3 rookies at the same time. If he would just trust the players to find their game on their own, and teach and help them when they do wrong and let them try again, they will eventually succeed. Benching them after just being on the ice for a goal against will never make anyone a better player.