• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

If the Rangers do trade for Eichel, I'll be pumped because I'll assume his injury isn't as bad as it has been made out to be.

I'm still sceptical with a new GM.

Plus, again, not a huge need.

Team needs leadership. Eichel has proven to be the opposite.

Nonsense. Team doesn't need leadership. The future leaders of this team are Schneider, Lafreniere, Lindgren and Fox by his play. They just need time. The team needs players that can win freakin faceoffs and guys that can play big when the games get physical. That crap about Eichel not being a leader is just that. Crap. Buffalo is a loser organization. They have been drafting high forever and they still suck because the people running that organization are morons. I think Lundkvist will be a stud but we need a Schneider more than a Lundkvist. So if they sent Strome, Buchnevich, Jones and Lundkvist to the Sabres for Eichel and their highest 2 second rounders this year then do it. Eichel has played with schmucks his entire career. If he's physically sound, it's a win giving up a package like that. Me, I'd rather go for Horvat or Larkin.

Nonsense. Eichel has played with schmucks his entire career. If he's physically sound, it's a win giving up a package like that.

But..... he hasn't He's had some decent pieces brought in to help him over the years, yet his teams fail. The common denomination is HIM. They've brought in multiple players with varying skillsets to help put it all together. The end results are the same. His teams suck and they get very little out of his supporting cast despite their success away from Buffalo, before or after.

Nonsense. Team doesn't need leadership. The future leaders of this team are Schneider, Lafreniere, Lindgren and Fox by his play. They just need time. The team needs players that can win freakin faceoffs and guys that can play big when the games get physical. That crap about Eichel not being a leader is just that. Crap. Buffalo is a loser organization. They have been drafting high forever and they still suck because the people running that organization are morons. I think Lundkvist will be a stud but we need a Schneider more than a Lundkvist. So if they sent Strome, Buchnevich, Jones and Lundkvist to the Sabres for Eichel and their highest 2 second rounders this year then do it. Eichel has played with schmucks his entire career. If he's physically sound, it's a win giving up a package like that. Me, I'd rather go for Horvat or Larkin.

Couldn't disagree this team lead by Dolan's recent moves and words has clearly made it seem obvious he's not waiting on those you mentioned to to lead this team today Capt wise (Fox being the only one worthy of the conversation). Frankly I think Dolan's days of ever looking past the upcoming season are over. So whatever some guys may or may not bring in the future leadership wise is rather irrelevant today which is what seems to matter most now. For me I don't necessarily care what guys have done in the minors or Jr's as far as leadership, it's an entire new world now. A guy like Laf played maybe 1/3 of last season where he wasn't entirely lost yet there's talk about him being named capt? Man for the life of me I just don't get it. Can they at least perform at a high level on a consistent basis for hell maybe a year or two before there's ever any serious consideration for it?

Hearing rumors that Anaheim seems to be the likely spot having the number 3 overall pick. The only hold up is who is going the other way player wise. I’d rather see them get Eichel. Rumors of Tarasenko being available makes me want to make a move for him instead of Eichel.

Hearing rumors that Anaheim seems to be the likely spot having the number 3 overall pick. The only hold up is who is going the other way player wise. I’d rather see them get Eichel. Rumors of Tarasenko being available makes me want to make a move for him instead of Eichel.

Tarasenko would at least be more risky than Eichel. The guy has been hurt the past two or three years and he's a wing. Not sure how going after him makes any sense at all.

We still think this happens for us? Why? Top two center depth is not our issue at all. 4th line, toughness, faceoffs, and a bit more leadership in terms of been there done that are our problems, not production from top centers. Eichel addresses none of that. Say no to laterals
  • Like 1

He's not necessarily a need but he's a damn talented hockey player. I think wherever he goes, he's going to produce. I don't think he's a need here, though. Plus, his neck issues and the fact I think his attitude stinks would make me very wary. There's just something about him in general I don't like. I just don't believe it's necessarily worth trading the assets it's going to take to get him. I would rather use that haul and maybe bring in one or even two players you really need. The only thing is there's the BU connection with he and Drury, that could play a factor. It's something, at least.

We still think this happens for us? Why? Top two center depth is not our issue at all. 4th line, toughness, faceoffs, and a bit more leadership in terms of been there done that are our problems, not production from top centers. Eichel addresses none of that. Say no to laterals

He's not necessarily a need but he's a damn talented hockey player. I think wherever he goes, he's going to produce. I don't think he's a need here, though. Plus, his neck issues and the fact I think his attitude stinks would make me very wary. There's just something about him in general I don't like. I just don't believe it's necessarily worth trading the assets it's going to take to get him. I would rather use that haul and maybe bring in one or even two players you really need. The only thing is there's the BU connection with he and Drury, that could play a factor. It's something, at least.

May the force be with you (both)....always! ;)

Tarasenko would at least be more risky than Eichel. The guy has been hurt the past two or three years and he's a wing. Not sure how going after him makes any sense at all.

Yea no thanks to tarasenko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea no thanks to tarasenko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Tarasenko as a player, think he's absolutely elite. and I wouldn't trade for him. doesn't solve a need at all.

I am reasonably comfortable going in with Zibanejad and Strome as our 1 and 2 C. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Strome works well with Panarin. Blueshirts Breakaway podcast put it very well with Strome when they said (paraphrasing) 'Strome is worth $1.50 to other teams but $2.25 to us' playing with Panarin.

With that said, Eichel provides a big upgrade. If, on this completely made up value scale, Eichel is worth $3.50 I'm trading them Strome plus $1.25, not another $2

I want to wake up every morning with a full head of hair and 25 mill in the bank. As my grandfather once told me “shit in one hand and want in the other, tell me which fills up first”

The Buffalo Sabres want a very lofty, steep, massive load -

Thats what she said