• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS Discussion

Parsley

• 2 weeks later...

I hate how whenever I try to stream the Giants on Foxsports.com, the website always shows the live broadcast as anything but the Giants game, which is the live broadcast on tv.  I assume it has something to do with location settings of my browser but I have it turned off.  And our office, while being in Bohemia, has its networks based out of Annapolis and somewhere in the Dallas area.  I don't understand why this always happens.

• 1 month later...

Happy for the win, but man I'm not sold on Jones. Problem is the Giants organization have given the guy NOTHING to work with other than Barkley. Sometimes it feels like they are putting him in a position to fail, on purpose. Or maybe, he's really just an average at best QB.  Frustrating when I watch teams loaded on offense like the Eagles and Cowboys on a weekly basis. 

Edited by Parsley
  • Bullseye 1

Love that the Giants are in the position they are in to make the playoffs.  Given the roster, this feels like the Giants are overachieving.  They've been playing the coaching carousel since Coughlin left.  Is Brian Daboll really the mastermind that is going to lead the Giants to be a serious NFL Super Bowl threat?  Or are they just having a good year, with their record in one score games?  Barkley is just a piece of the puzzle.  They are taking advantage of Jones strengths with check-downs and short passing.  To win consistently, though, eventually you need a QB that can hit an 18 yard out, or a 45-yard pass downfield, to stretch the defense and keep them from crowding the box.  Jones just doesn't have the arm for it.   So I'm going to enjoy the run this year, but don't think they are ready to be serious contenders.

38 minutes ago, fletch said:

Love that the Giants are in the position they are in to make the playoffs.  Given the roster, this feels like the Giants are overachieving.  They've been playing the coaching carousel since Coughlin left.  Is Brian Daboll really the mastermind that is going to lead the Giants to be a serious NFL Super Bowl threat?  Or are they just having a good year, with their record in one score games?  Barkley is just a piece of the puzzle.  They are taking advantage of Jones strengths with check-downs and short passing.  To win consistently, though, eventually you need a QB that can hit an 18 yard out, or a 45-yard pass downfield, to stretch the defense and keep them from crowding the box.  Jones just doesn't have the arm for it.   So I'm going to enjoy the run this year, but don't think they are ready to be serious contenders.

Agreed to some extent. Jones has the arm for it. He doesn’t have the receivers for it.

• VINNY! 1

Gotta give Jones some weapons.  I see a guy that's out there trying to turn goat piss into gasoline.

The defense is very good in my opinion, but I'm a fucking Raiders fan, so any team that can tackle a girl scout with a cookie box looks good in my estimation!  LOL

• LMFAO 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Gotta give Jones some weapons.  I see a guy that's out there trying to turn goat piss into gasoline.

The defense is very good in my opinion, but I'm a fucking Raiders fan, so any team that can tackle a girl scout with a cookie box looks good in my estimation!  LOL

Right on! Josh Allen was where DJ was before the Bills went and got him Diggs. Now Allen has other-worldly arm strength that Jones does not have, but fact is QBs can only go so far without NFL-quality weapons. The top 3 receivers on the Giants depth chart to start the year aren’t playing. I don’t know another QB who has had to go through that kind of adversity. Insane!

By the way, I got a real kick out of that play to end the Pats/Raiders game yesterday LOL I still don’t understand it. I read a tweet yesterday that said it was Mac Jones fault. He needs to be able to make an open field tackle 😂😂😂

Edited by rmc51
  • LMFAO 1

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

Right on! Josh Allen was where DJ was before the Bills went and got him Diggs. Now Allen has other-worldly arm strength that Jones does not have, but fact is QBs can only go so far without NFL-quality weapons. The top 3 receivers on the Giants depth chart to start the year aren’t playing. I don’t know another QB who has had to go through that kind of adversity. Insane!

By the way, I got a real kick out of that play to end the Pats/Raiders game yesterday LOL I still don’t understand it. I read a tweet yesterday that said it was Mac Jones fault. He needs to be able to make an open field tackle 😂😂😂

..still trying to digest that one from the Pats!!!  I really can't believe it.  I watched it on you Tube again this morning to make sure it really happened!!

But I think we're in lock step on the Giants, RMC!  Jones can do a lot with a little.  I'm curious to see what he is with some useful weapons.

• 3 weeks later...

Annoyed that the Giants and Rangers are playing at the same time.  NBA and NHL are used to working with each other for scheduling because of shared use of arenas.  NFL is careful with their scheduling to maximize eyeballs on their games, which translates to better Nielsen ratings, and more ad revenue they can charge for commercials.  NFL, how about not draining every last dollar out of a game, and thinking about NHL and NBA fans in various markets when setting the lineup?

If you don't think the NFL Is primarily concerned with the bottom line (how much money they can make)... during the broadcast for the game when Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin was injured (Bills-Bengals), Joe Buck made an announcement on the broadcast that the players would have 5 minutes to warm-up before the game would resume.  He didn't come up with that announcement from thin air, there must have been league sources.  

I never saw any players return to the field to warm-up.  It appeared that at least one coach said Fuck no, we are not going to try and play a game tonight after that traumatic event on the field, after talking with their players. Coaches got together and talked.  And then the NFL was told that the game would not be resumed that night.

On 1/8/2023 at 8:25 PM, rmc51 said:

Solid effort by the backups and third stringers against Philly's starters who had something important to play for.

Bumping this, because I think this should have given them some confidence that they can beat the Eagles if the starters are playing. Previously I would have said chances of winning were zero. Now I'm thinking they are non-zero, and not a slim non-zero. A legitimate chance.

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1