• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Buyout Final Year of Henrik Lundqvist's Contract

Phil

Noiw that I've gotten my feelings out in a melodramatic way, it sucks that we're at this point. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little emotional about this, maybe even a little too much. I didn't exactly think it would be hard to process once we got here, but man it is. I'll come up with the words when I need to. It just really sucks that it has to be like this.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really sucks. The more I think about it the less I like this. A team that is in need of leadership could just keep him, and make it be known that after this contract he is welcome to one year deals for 1-2m.

The more I do really let it sink in though the more I think this is more Henrik not being happy with being a backup and not obviously wanting to retire, so maybe this is him kind of forcing this. All speculation though.

I am somewhat surprised given the Staal cap clear. At this point, it seems more a favor for Lundqvist to go sign somewhere else than it does to benefit the Rangers.

That’s kind of why I think there is more to this. They seem to play worse in front of him, cap wise they really aren’t in terrible shape,etc.

That's what I was trying to do. Thanks. lol

I can never figure out how to do it either lol

I hate that we have to buy him out. If there wasn?t a ton of goalies available I think we could get enough for Georgiev to make it Worth it but I doubt we can even find a taker at this point for any kind of value.

Hoped it wouldn?t have to end like this but here we are.

I am somewhat surprised given the Staal cap clear. At this point, it seems more a favor for Lundqvist to go sign somewhere else than it does to benefit the Rangers.

Yes. It's clear no team wanted to trade for him. And it's clear he still thinks he can start somewhere. I suppose he'll try to go to Colorado for a million dollars or somewhere like that to get one final kick at the can. But no one wanted him for 8.5m. No one wanted him for even half that. Or at least that's how I see it.

Shesterkin has some big shoes to fill.

For 15 years you think Rangers and you think Hank. Weird.

Sucks....Period!

What a shitty way to go out.

Just eat the f'n salary this year bc his buyout is not going to stop them from making any moves for this season. They aren't on the verge of winning anything. Mentor Shesterkin. Leadership in the locker room for one more year.

Thanks KING Henrik!

I kind of get the feeling Hank does not actually want to do that.

Wish him well and honor and respect his career and contributions to this franchise.

Look back and wonder what might have been different, what variables could have been changed, to have given him and the team a better shot at the Cup.If AV unloosed Chris Kreider after the refs let the Kings run Lundqvist? That total disaster vs. the Devils in 2012, and generally how tired Torts' NYR teams were once they got to the playoffs.But don't really know if the teams were good enough to get as far as they got without Tortarella's MO . And what ever the hell happened in game 7 vs. the Bolts in 2015. What ifs can make you crazy.

Slainte and be well.

If you eat the salary like what you?re saying and keep them on the roster and stick them in the press box for 82 games that would be disrespectful

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Eat the salary by him being the backup and playing 25/30 games while mentoring Sheshsterkin

Wish him well and honor and respect his career and contributions to this franchise.

Look back and wonder what might have been different, what variables could have been changed, to have given him and the team a better shot at the Cup.If AV unloosed Chris Kreider after the refs let the Kings run Lundqvist? That total disaster vs. the Devils in 2012, and generally how tired Torts' NYR teams were once they got to the playoffs.But don't really know if the teams were good enough to get as far as they got without Tortarella's MO . And what ever the hell happened in game 7 vs. the Bolts in 2015. What ifs can make you crazy.

Slainte and be well.

Yeah for all the awesome memories in the past decade the things you listed have me SUPER BITTER (I have nightmares about the games 1 and 2 vs. LA) as we start a new decade and a new era. Reminds me of the Knicks on the mid and late 90s.

Yeah for all the awesome memories in the past decade the things you listed have me SUPER BITTER (I have nightmares about the games 1 and 2 vs. LA) as we start a new decade and a new era. Reminds me of the Knicks on the mid and late 90s.

It's tantalizing and maddening to consider what could have been. Don't think that's really much Lundqvist's fault either.

Sucks....Period!

What a shitty way to go out.

Just eat the f'n salary this year bc his buyout is not going to stop them from making any moves for this season. They aren't on the verge of winning anything. Mentor Shesterkin. Leadership in the locker room for one more year.

Thanks KING Henrik!

Don?t worry when we get that 2nd rounder for Georgiev in a year or two it?ll be worth it ::eye roll::