• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn?t want to post it without Phil in Absentia?s approval but Adam Herman tweeted on February 01 that we had 3 of our scouts scouting Calgary. Now today Sam Rosen stated Don Maloney is here scouting the Rangers for Calgary. So there may be something going on there.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I was looking thru the rumor mill and of course Calgary is looking for scoring but they are also looking for a defenseman. True Kreider has said that he won?t prove a deal to any of the Canadian teams but I also read that he and Johnny Gaudreau are friends having played 1 yr together at Boston College?don?t know about that but then again I don?t really see any good prospects that Calgary would have to offer so it has to be for someone other than Kreider. Also more importantly Kreider is not playing tonight so there would be no reason for Maloney to scout us today.

I didn?t want to post it without Phil in Absentia?s approval but Adam Herman tweeted on February 01 that we had 3 of our scouts scouting Calgary. Now today Sam Rosen stated Don Maloney is here scouting the Rangers for Calgary. So there may be something going on there.

Jpegs or it didn't happen

What does JPEGs mean?

If it means show me the tweet, here it is

Adam Herman

@AdamZHerman

Feb 1

Hmm. Mangiapane? Dube? Bennett?

Quote Tweet

Mark Spector

@SportsnetSpec

? Feb 1

Three Rangers scouts in the building here in Calgary tonight. Likely watching Flames in a potential Krieder deal?

He?s guessing Kreider but as said above it could be for someone else like ADA

Also empiresportsmedia.com had this article:

New York Rangers Scouts Spotted at Calgary-Edmonton Game: Who are the Targets?

written by Jim Bay February 3, 2020

This article mentions Bennett and Mark Jankowski as Calgary doesn?t want to move a 1st Rd pick.

And if it?s Edmonton then Puljujarvi and Khaira are mentioned

The players Bray is mentioning in his article have to be included with a 1st because none are impressive enough for me to consider trading Kreider. i.e. Bennett and Jankowski plus a 1st or Puljujarvi and Khaira plus a 1st because the reality is both Jankowski and Khaira would be our 4th line players. And Bennett & Puljujarvi have yet to do anything in/at the NHL level.

As a matter of fact, the more I think of it they are both shitty returns, so this article is completely B.S. disregard it completely just use the fact that we had 3 of our scouts at the Calgary/ Edmonton game period that it no more than that.

Deangelo to the flames for whatever bill of goods they sell us, so we can sign re-sign Ryan Strome, would be peak Rangers.

We've been waiting years for an offensive defenseman, especially a righty. We finally have one on pace for 65 points and there's talk of trading him...and possibly for 4th line players and futures. You can't make it up.

• Like 1

I understand what you?re saying but you have to look at Hartford and Joey Keane hes 6?0? righthanded finished 2nd in the fastest skater comp. at the AHL all-star game?even better than Kreiders time. And Keane has 26 pts in 44 AHL gms.

Show this thread

Tom Urtz Jr.

@TomUrtzJr

?

Jan 26

Here?s the times for all skaters. Keane No. 2 overall. 13.453 seconds.

Tom Urtz Jr.

@TomUrtzJr

?

Jan 26

Kreider?s time at NHL competition was 13.509 seconds.

I understand what you’re saying but you have to look at Hartford and Joey Keane hes 6’0” righthanded finished 2nd in the fastest skater comp. at the AHL all-star game—even better than Kreiders time. And Keane has 26 pts in 44 AHL gms.

Show this thread

Tom Urtz Jr.

@TomUrtzJr

?

Jan 26

Here’s the times for all skaters. Keane No. 2 overall. 13.453 seconds.

Tom Urtz Jr.

@TomUrtzJr

?

Jan 26

Kreider’s time at NHL competition was 13.509 seconds.

Yeah...John Gilmour was fast too...

Deangelo to the flames for whatever bill of goods they sell us, so we can sign re-sign Ryan Strome, would be peak Rangers.
Peak Rangers is right.

Signing Trouba to an absurd contract leaving no real room for ADA is typical.

This is simple... There are prospects in the pipeline that can slot in for ADA. There are no top 6 centers coming aside from possibly in Henriksson, possibly in 2 years.