• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 World Junior Championship

Long live the King

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I look forward to these two weeks of hockey more than any all year. Never disappoints. Dunny seriously though you really are ok with that goal being disallowed? The day in the crease yet the puck was there before the us player. I admit I know absolutely nothing about the sport and have to rethink if I understand the rules by not understanding that call I know they are different in these tournaments and crease vilolations all the time. But not if the puck is there prior as it clearly was. Can you defend that call?

It's simple to defend that call: IIHF rules aren't real hockey as we know it. The more you watch International hockey, the more you'll just accept that the deck is always stacked against the US and Canada in these things. I think the difference is as stark as CFL vs NFL.

It's simple to defend that call: IIHF rules aren't real hockey as we know it. The more you watch International hockey, the more you'll just accept that the deck is always stacked against the US and Canada in these things. I think the difference is as stark as CFL vs NFL.

Was a good call. Tough, but what they call in International.

US played a good game, and dictated tempo most of game. Plenty of talent, just didn?t get the bounces against a very good Finish team.

Cockerill looks like a 7th round steal for the Islanders

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

International play you stay out of the crease

It always gets called

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

So when the puck is lose in the crease the attacking player should do what? Blow at it? You didn’t really answer the question. If the puck is in the crease isn’t the attacking player then allowed to enter the crease to get the puck?

Puck came out of crease and US players stick knocked goalie stick away from goalie. That was inadvertent as far as I can tell.

It's chinzy as hell, but the organization that governs the international game doesn't believe physical contact has a place in the sport and thus you get calls like this.

Puck came out of crease and US players stick knocked goalie stick away from goalie. That was inadvertent as far as I can tell.

It's chinzy as hell, but the organization that governs the international game doesn't believe physical contact has a place in the sport and thus you get calls like this.

The explanation they gave during intermission was it was called due to in the crease. Clearly the puck entered the crease before the player. I really wonder what the reaction would be if Canada had this call against them in a game as significant. In the us nobody really cares. In Canada every news outlet and talking head would be demanding an explanation and they would get it along with a statement saying how incompetent the governing body is. Would love to get don cherrys take if it happened to Canada.

Archived