• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 World Junior Championship

Long live the King

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ranger's currently have 3 picks in the first two rounds and are likely to add some more. Here a some draft eligible players at the WJC to keep an eye on... (RHD highlighted)

Martin Has, D, Czech Republic: The 6-4, 192-pound right-handed shot is in his second season with Tappara in Finland's junior league. He's a good skater and playmaker, likes to join the rush, and makes minimal mistakes, according to Goran Stubb, NHL director of European Scouting. The B-rated player has nine points (six goals, three assists) and a plus-5 rating in 23 games.

Anttoni Honka, D, Finland: The B-rated right-shot defenseman started the season with JYP in Liiga and had four points (one goal, three assists) in 15 games. He was loaned to KeuPa in Finland's minor league and has six points (one goal, five assists) in 10 games. Honka (5-10, 179) is getting more ice time with KeuPa and is regaining his confidence, allowing him to showcase his quick feet and outstanding vision. It's likely he'll return to JYP after the World Juniors. He is the younger brother of Dallas Stars defenseman Julius Honka.

Lassi Thomson, D, Finland: The B-rated right-shot defenseman is having an impressive rookie season for Kelowna in the WHL with 22 points (seven goals, 15 assists) in 34 games. Thomson (6-0, 188) is a dynamic offensive player with high-end skill and skating, has a strong shot and is very good on the power play, according to Williams.

https://www.nhl.com/news/jack-hughes-kaapo-kakko-among-top-2019-nhl-draft-prospects-at-wjc/c-303092434?tid=281266438

Ranger's currently have 3 picks in the first two rounds and are likely to add some more. Here a some draft eligible players at the WJC to keep an eye on... (RHD highlighted)

https://www.nhl.com/news/jack-hughes-kaapo-kakko-among-top-2019-nhl-draft-prospects-at-wjc/c-303092434?tid=281266438

I understand that we have a need for a stud RHD but I certainly would never pass if a stud LHD was available when we draft.

I understand that we have a need for a stud RHD but I certainly would never pass if a stud LHD was available when we draft.

Especially because it takes a drafted defenseman 2-4 years to even make it to the NHL....and then a few more years before he has a impact. Who knows what we look like by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Why do they include what presumedly are exhibition games in Hughes' stats?

Why does that weird team he plays for get to count all their exhibition games in their tallies?

The exhibition games are against NCAA top teams. Every and any NCAA team goes hard against the USNTDP.

The stats in these games give the scouts a much better feel on NHL value than some Jr games

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

US goalie Cayden Primeau is actually from BSB's favourite small Canadian town... Hanover, Ontario from where I type this post out.

All the Primeau's have cottages here and Cayden played his summer sports here. That being said, he can fuck right off.

Archived