• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 World Junior Championship

Long live the King

I didn't get to watch, but all the Twitter Kravtsov fanboy seem happy.

Should be interesting tonight, this is a bad Russia team, we'll see what Hunter's plan is for Kravtsov.

I noticed that which surprised me. I thought he played really poorly for him aside from a couple deke attempts and the obvious points. He looks like he's very timid when it comes to playing center. He's very good at keeping track of his responsibilities, but it holds back other parts of his game. He's been playing very safe. So has Miller.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure what you're talking about. You expected more than a 1.20 ppg pace? Seems quite unrealistic.
Kravtsov has been largely invisible. He hardly has the puck and is not showing any of the dynamic play from his usual spot on the wing.

Don't care what his P/G is. He's been ordinary at best.

That said, I missed his last game.

Kravtsov has definitely been quiet. The points are nice but he’s not remotely driving play. Denisenko and Kostin are doing all the work despite not being particularly talented. It’s in part to Kravtsov’s defensive duties as a center, but he could be doing more. Something seems off about his game versus how he tends to appear in the KHL.

Nope, none of USA's games, but I see that he's only played in 2 of the games (listed on the 4th line) and has 2 assists. Doesn't really scream dominant to me.
He's only played 2 games because he's been injured. His first game back he was an engine.

He's playing out of position for fuck sakes. His line was the best line in the Canada game, hands down. He's fine.

Where are all the Martin Kaut fanboys now? lol good lord.

Calm down, dude. Relax. No one said he wasn't fine.

If you're asking why people rave about Hughes when Kravstov is "outscoring him", well there's a lot more happening than what you see in a box score. That's all anyone is saying.

Shit, this is the first time I've ever seen you defend a Euro.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/04/rangers-future-on-display-on-thrilling-hockey-stage/

There is also this from Rangers head of European scouting, Nick Bobrov:

“Team Russia is playing a pretty defensive style,” Bobrov told the team’s website, before Russia scored eight goals in the quarterfinal against the totally overmatched Slovakians. “Vitali is playing center, which is a new position for him. He’s playing a team game, as a center, and maybe a little bit more conservative that what we’re accustomed for his level of elite talent.”

Hughes has 2 assist in 2 games, how is that so dominant? Kravtsov has 2 goals, 4 assist in 5 games.

did you watch any games? Kravtsov has been invisible. His goals/points came from blowouts. in no way possible I would say Kravtsov looked dominant like Hughes did.

Archived