• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sending Two Scouts to Leafs/Pens Game; Nylander?

Phil

One for one I'd trade almost anyone, but I wouldn't put a huge package together for just him.

Well I agree with that. I'm not giving away any of our top prospects or a 1st rounder for him.

If they want a guy on our roster not in that category they can have whoever they want.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They need a D and an RHD. They will want youth and the cost-control that comes with it. Plus someone who helps this year.

We are not a bad team to trade with, but we'll have to give to get.

What about ADA and another D prospect like Rykov or Lindgren (or McQuaid with 50%). Then we add a winger that helps them immediately. One of Kreids, Zuc, Buch, Names should interest them.

Maybe Lias interests them. What about Dubas wanting a goalie prospect? Lindblom or Georgiev? There is a creative deal to be made. Doubt it happens.

Ok. Our team sucks. Being the best player on our team isn't an accomplishment.

No but adding Nylander, a rising player with star potential, to Andersson, Chytil, Howden, kratsov, etc fast tracks things.

The question isn’t would the rangers want Nylander. Of course they would. The question is would Toronto want any our sucky players. Probably not.

No but adding Nylander, a rising player with star potential, to Andersson, Chytil, Howden, kratsov, etc fast tracks things.

The question isn’t would the rangers want Nylander. Of course they would. The question is would Toronto want any our sucky players. Probably not.

Yea, totally agree. That's why I said I wouldn't put a huge package together for a guy who's never scored 30, is a 60 pointer playing with Matthews, and then pay him $7 million to be the guy on this team.

I don’t think he’ll ever be the guy.

Great compliment.., but we don’t have a guy to complement. Can’t be paying wads for a complimentary player while we hope to get a franchise player. 6m x 7/8... ah, maybe. But we have enough complimentary and role players

I don’t think he’ll ever be the guy.

Great compliment.., but we don’t have a guy to complement. Can’t be paying wads for a complimentary player while we hope to get a franchise player. 6m x 7/8... ah, maybe. But we have enough complimentary and role players

Meh. Once Zucc, Hayes, Namestnikov and Spooner are gone, this team is pretty empty of anything on the wing . It's not like the farm is oozing with potential forwards. Three of the four are already here and they are all centers. Having Nylander as your support winger with potential of being your top winger is certainly appetizing. I'm not sure there's a D man in the organization that I wouldn't give up to get such a player.

Zucc, Pionk, Lindgren. I think that gets you Nylander. Where the fuck do I sign.

Referring to him as a "support" winger — which I'd imagine is supposed to be synonymous with "complimentary" — is a total non-starter for me given we're talking about a player coming off back-to-back 60-point seasons at the age of 20 and 21.

Bryan Rust, in all of his 38-points, is a support winger.

Tom Wilson, with a career-high of 35, is the same.

Nylander is a 1-2 punch, top-line scoring winger. With or without Matthews.

He'd instantly become the biggest offensive threat on the Rangers by a country mile tomorrow.

Zucc, Pionk, Lindgren. I think that gets you Nylander. Where the fuck do I sign.

I’d do that too, although I don’t like the idea of trading Pionk at this point. But word from LeBrun is they’re discussing guys like Pesce, Muzzin/Martinez, Parayko and Montour for Nylander, so I think they’d laugh at a package like that.

They’re looking for bonafide, top 4, championship quality D for Nylander. And they’ll probably get it. The Rangers have nothing to bring to the table here imo.

I mean, the Leafs get more than enough offense from their top 3 lines and they don't exactly struggle for offense from the D either. Trading for an ageing rental in Zucc and a talented but unproven offensive d in Pionk doesn't get them any closer to the cup than what they are now. Certainly not more than a marginal improvement.

I'd pretty much let them pick two guys from our team, other than maybe Chytil and Andersson. If we can ditch cap, that'd be great.

I'm more worried about the contract. Can't pay this guy like he's a franchise player, or a 90-pt guy.

Still rather save the space for Karlsson and Panarin :thumbs:

I'd do that if it were remotely true.

Lindgren is essentially a non-prospect. Pionk, I wouldn't think has much trade value and Zucc is an expiring deal. I don't think that package even gets you Hymen.

This. Skjei, Buch and they're probably onto something.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Meh. Once Zucc, Hayes, Namestnikov and Spooner are gone, this team is pretty empty of anything on the wing . It's not like the farm is oozing with potential forwards. Three of the four are already here and they are all centers. Having Nylander as your support winger with potential of being your top winger is certainly appetizing. I'm not sure there's a D man in the organization that I wouldn't give up to get such a player.

If you think Nylander is that good, why would they want to do that trade?

I'd do that if it were remotely true.

Lindgren is essentially a non-prospect. Pionk, I wouldn't think has much trade value and Zucc is an expiring deal. I don't think that package even gets you Hymen.

Pffft. If Pionk were on the market there'd be 28 teams highly interested. He's not going to return what Montour or Parayko would, but if a team has a chance to choose him or Pesce, Muzzin, or Martinez, it is no contest.

Pionk, Kreider and Lindgren is an attractive package, for those looking for a more fair trade. Maybe add Tampa's pick (or the Ranger's 2nd if Tampa wins the Cup).

I'd like to hang on to Pionk. I like that kid! He may turn into something very special.

I don't know about all this trade stuff right now. Maybe in a few months when there's a more frenzied need for players down the stretch....especially teams with injuries that could possible overpay to make a run at the cup.

I'd still rather us be patient and see what exactly we have here with our young guys, and build around them. I'm all for unloading the older players that we can get some value for, and MAYBE unload some contracts, even though that's a lot to ask. But yeah, I'm going to hope they stay patient and not do the every year Rangers thing, and Go for it.

Pffft. If Pionk were on the market there'd be 28 teams highly interested. He's not going to return what Montour or Parayko would, but if a team has a chance to choose him or Pesce, Muzzin, or Martinez, it is no contest.

Pionk, Kreider and Lindgren is an attractive package, for those looking for a more fair trade. Maybe add Tampa's pick (or the Ranger's 2nd if Tampa wins the Cup).

Kreider, yes. Not what The Dude proposed.

Also, while I agree with you that Pionk would have plenty of teams interested, if he's the centerpoint of a proposed NYR-TOR deal, it's failing from the onset. You're simply not going to convince a team run by Kyle Dubas that a 23-year-old defenseman with a career -7.5 relative CF% and -6.9 relative FF% is "actually good, because the eye test."

Not giving up Kravtsov for Nylander

Niether am I. I just think we're a bit deluded into buying our own players' hype, not to mention seriously underestimating the optics of a Nylander trade from TOR (specifically Dubas' perspective), where they can't afford to lose the deal on face value after promising they'd keep all of them together as part of the Tavares pitch.

Also, while I agree with you that Pionk would have plenty of teams interested, if he's the centerpoint of a proposed NYR-TOR deal, it's failing from the onset. You're simply not going to convince a team run by Kyle Dubas that a 23-year-old defenseman with a career -7.5 relative CF% and -6.9 relative FF% is "actually good, because the eye test."

Which guys have the best fancy stats on the Rangers?

I still can't see them getting multiple players that need to be re-signed in the next 2 seasons. Maybe a Skjei + rental, or Skjei + Fast + pick, but their issue is cap moving forward. They cant take on more cap past this season

I think there's a fair bit of underrating Nylander/overrating the Rangers pieces going on here.

He'll be hot property on the market and Dubas will get a top 4 defender for him. I have no doubt about that.

I'd like to hang on to Pionk. I like that kid! He may turn into something very special.

I don't know about all this trade stuff right now. Maybe in a few months when there's a more frenzied need for players down the stretch....especially teams with injuries that could possible overpay to make a run at the cup.

I'd still rather us be patient and see what exactly we have here with our young guys, and build around them. I'm all for unloading the older players that we can get some value for, and MAYBE unload some contracts, even though that's a lot to ask. But yeah, I'm going to hope they stay patient and not do the every year Rangers thing, and Go for it.

I'm with you Ozzy, hang on to the kids. And I have no interest in trading Pionk, which could result in selling low if you consider that he is on an upward trajectory.

However, a trade for Nylander is not one of those "go for it" short term type moves. Nylander is 22. Yet, there is also an issue of signing him for 7 mil per, which is a lot, when he wants more.

I think there's a fair bit of underrating Nylander/overrating the Rangers pieces going on here.

He'll be hot property on the market and Dubas will get a top 4 defender for him. I have no doubt about that.

You can't over pay via trade AND salary with Nylander.

Archived