• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sending Two Scouts to Leafs/Pens Game; Nylander?

Phil

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto fans will lynch mgmt if they do nothing. It is that simple. They will not do that after all the team and fans went thru with the tear down. Just common sense. Shanny and Dubas are not that dumb.

They are supposed to be a Cup contender this year, right?

6 x 7m has a cap hit of 6.6 after this season.

5 x 6.5m = 6.08

If Toronto can’t pony up for that, they have to move him today. Having an asset rot on the sideline for a season is awful, especially with how they are performing.

6 x 7m has a cap hit of 6.6 after this season.

5 x 6.5m = 6.08

If Toronto can’t pony up for that, they have to move him today. Having an asset rot on the sideline for a season is awful, especially with how they are performing.

Right, that is what I said. How does that reflect on the new GM and his first move is a non move? After they just broke the bank for Tavares? After Shanny asked for patience and still did not get themselves a RHD last year?

Been saying for 2 years they ultimately had to figure out which winger they wanted more and trade the other. It is time they make a move, take a chance and show some balls.

Sidenote: It is laughable that people (including Toronto fans) thought they could get Montour to Toronto. He is not getting traded, he looks phenomenal. And the Ducks have no interest in trading Manson. They need to figure out a way to add a real good top 4 defender, yesterday. And shelve any hubris or hesitation that is holding them back.

Tell me you guys aren't secretly hoping Tampa ( a team with balls) wins the Cup and smokes Toronto in 4 straight in the first round, doing it.

Too bad we don't have a top 4 defender that they would be interested in. The best we have (in terms of age plus experience) is Skjei and they would have no interest in that kind of cap space being used up on him. Second best is Pionk, but there isn't enough of a track record there. The rest is junk.

Too bad we don't have a top 4 defender that they would be interested in. The best we have (in terms of age plus experience) is Skjei and they would have no interest in that kind of cap space being used up on him. Second best is Pionk, but there isn't enough of a track record there. The rest is junk.

I don’t think they want upcoming RFA. They have Marner and Matthews - which is also factoring in to the Nylander situation.

Years 2-6 are significantly less than his cap hit this year because of the size of this years signing bonus. I never heard of the following years referred to as out years either.
Got it.

No one else is breaking it down the way CF is from what I can see. I thought there were rules about how far a salary can drop year to year.

Years 2-6 are significantly less than his cap hit this year because of the size of this years signing bonus. I never heard of the following years referred to as out years either.

6.9 mil AAV, which is the exact number I mentioned. Forget "out years" or whatever someone is trying to say to explain the technicalities.. The reason the AAV is higher this year is because unlike every other player his contract starts on Dec 1, not October. So for Willy, he is getting 6.9 this year for a condensed season. It is the reverse of acquiring someone at the deadline and their cap hit is much less than half the AAV.

Archived