• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sending Two Scouts to Leafs/Pens Game; Nylander?

Phil

I would bet one of my balls that Nylander would easily score 60 points in a season playing with Zib/Chytil and Kreids/Kravtsov.

He's way more than just a 60 point player too. He's a potential ppg player, a star, maybe even a franchise player. But sure, he's the same as zuc, just a 60 point player.

Zib and Kreider haven't even reached 60 points themselves, Chytil has a quarter of a season under his belt and Kravtsov hasn't even touched NHL ice. But sure, let's pretend like they are on Matthews level

I'm not saying I wouldn't want him on the team, just not at the price tag and assets needed to acquire him.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zib and Kreider haven't even reached 60 points themselves, Chytil has a quarter of a season under his belt and Kravtsov hasn't even touched NHL ice. But sure, let's pretend like they are on Matthews level

I'm not saying I wouldn't want him on the team, just not at the price tag and assets needed to acquire him.

And they are still yet to play a full season either of them. Now (at 25 and 27) they are entering their prime and both pacing over 65 points so far this season on a bad team. Get them another talented winger like Nylander and that is a solid 1st line, all capable of scoring 70+ if they stay healthy.

Well, every player comes with a salary, so I dont really see the problem there. If you don't wanna give up our ok+ assets for a 22y/old potential superstar who would be our best player without playing a game, thats fine. I just don't see why tho.

And they are still yet to play a full season either of them. Now (at 25 and 27) they are entering their prime and both pacing over 65 points so far this season on a bad team. Get them another talented winger like Nylander and that is a solid 1st line, all capable of scoring 70+ if they stay healthy.

Well, every player comes with a salary, so I dont really see the problem there. If you don't wanna give up our ok+ assets for a 22y/old potential superstar who would be our best player without playing a game, thats fine. I just don't see why tho.

Because I don't think he will be a superstar but he will be paid to be one.

Nylander is not a franchise player. Marner, Matthews, Mcjesus... Not Nylander. Sorry.

I didnt say he was, I said "maybe", and he could be. Most likely not, but he will still be a star player in this league for years to come.

Compared to some of the players putting up better numbers and getting paid the same as or less, yes that could be considered superstar money. Regardless, I'm not giving up that many assets and the salary combined to acquire him.

Compared to 6m for Hayes, 7m for Nylander is a steal. Or if you compare it to Lucic's 6m.

Can't take some contracts and say "X does not deserve so much because Y is making this much, and he's better than X". Some players outperform their contracts, some players underperform. Maybe someone took a hometown discount, maybe someone wanted term instead of money. 7m for a 22 years old with 60+ points in both of his seasons in the league is not overpaying.

Barkov came off his ELC with 1 season of 59 points. Pastrnak had one full season in the league and scored 70. Pastrank got $6.66 x 6, its not crazy for Nylander with two 60 point seasons on his ELC to get $333k more then Pastrnak a year later.

In what way do you mean that they are Nylander's peers?

They are both franchise players.

They are both superior players, so who is paying more for Nylander than Pastrnak a year later?

Now. At the time's of their extensions it wasn't as apparent, but the teams bought in. Which is what they'd be doing with Nylander.

I think it was pretty clear when both of them signed, and both took team-friendly deals.

Nylander isn't going to be the franchise player there, so I'm not really sure they'd be his peers, in any sense. In terms of the contract, I'm not sure that Nylander does have peers.

I think it was pretty clear when both of them signed, and both took team-friendly deals.

Nylander isn't going to be the franchise player there, so I'm not really sure they'd be his peers, in any sense. In terms of the contract, I'm not sure that Nylander does have peers.

Of course he does. Peer isn't synonymous with exact. It just means similar. Ehlers might be the most perfect one of all given production, age, percentage of cap, and roster composition (not being the guy, but a guy in addition to the guy).

Of course he does. Peer isn't synonymous with exact. It just means similar. Ehlers might be the most perfect one of all given production, age, percentage of cap, and roster composition (not being the guy, but a guy in addition to the guy).

None of them are similar, because none of them held out until December, and none of them asked for an above-market contract.

None of them are similar, because none of them held out until December, and none of them asked for an above-market contract.

1. Holding out is irrelevant to whether or not other players have similar production, age, etc. as you.

2. He's not asking for an above-market contract (as far as I've read). Everything I've seen suggests his percentage of cap is well within the confines of a rising cap relative to his peers.

1. Holding out is irrelevant to whether or not other players have similar production, age, etc. as you.

2. He's not asking for an above-market contract (as far as I've read). Everything I've seen suggests his percentage of cap is well within the confines of a rising cap relative to his peers.

Ok, but that's why I said "IN Terms of his contract." I'm not talking about production.

Barkov signed at 7.8%, Pastrnak at 8.8%, Nylander, if asking $7.9, is at 9.9%.

Archived