• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sending Two Scouts to Leafs/Pens Game; Nylander?

Phil

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But who's offering one? Can't think of a team that has one to offer up.

Trouba?

Faulk?

Vatanan?

Fowler?

Proporov?

If they were willing to deal a top forward for a top D man, you'd think they would have moved on Karlsson or McD.

And again. They have 12 mill in cap space. Why do they need to cut salary?

I'd think they are scouting Pittsburgh

I don’t think they’re even thinking about moving Marner to be honest. He’s part of their future.

It’ll be Nylander and Kapanen first.

But who's offering one? Can't think of a team that has one to offer up.

Trouba?

Faulk?

Vatanan?

Fowler?

Proporov?

There are not really any top pair RHDs available. If there is a cheap and young one, we should be competing with Toronto for him.

They can't afford Trouba. Vatanen is pricey too and doesn't really bring the defense. Fowler is a lefty and the Ducks are no longer in the position to move top Dmen. Provorov is untouchable.

Nylander wants too much money for his production and he does not drive play like AM, JT and Marner. To boot, Toronto expects Marner to marketably outplay him this year and thus require more $ than Willy.

Kinda doesn't make sense to trade Kapanen who makes little now, and take on Zuccs salary, when I think the goal is to make cap room right now. No?

No, the goal is to cut cap next year when they have to re-sign Matthews, Marner, and Gardiner...not to mention all of their depth players. They only have 6 forwards signed next year. Liljegrin should be ready next year, but they also only have 4 defensemen signed, including Justin Holl.

Toronto is pretty much screwed. I read an article that says Nylanders father is notorious for playing hard ball with his own contract negotiations so this is not gotta end soon. They want Draisaitl money and compare equally to him?he got 8.5 mil from Edmonton. Marner will ask for whatever Nylander gets so.... And Mathews will definitely get McDavid money?12.5 mil. Not to mention what Tavares just got.AND Kapanen is also restricted.

For me they are gonna want players who are on entry level deals to even out contracts.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I would love for the rangers to have Toronto problem

Saw late last night that Dubas was at the Rangers game last night.

Toronto Maple Leafs: Is Kyle Dubas laying the groundwork for a trade?

Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Kyle Dubas was seen scouting the New York Rangers-Calgary Flames game raising the speculation of a trade being in the works.

https://tipofthetower.com/2018/10/22/toronto-maple-leafs-kyle-dubas-preparing-groundwork-for-trade/

McKenzie:

“If I had to guess, I would say that Kyle Dubas was in Manhattan to talk to Lewis Gross, the agent for William Nylander, and going to a game is what Kyle Dubas does and likes and I wouldn’t overtly be reading too much into the Ranger-Calgary angle as much as the possibility that Dubas was there to talk to Lewis Gross,” offered McKenzie.

https://www.nicholsonhockey.com/archives/2018/10/22/mckenzie-going-to-a-game-is-what-kyle-dubas-does

Dreger:

“Normally I don’t read too much because general managers do pro scout and check out other games,” noted Darren Dreger during an early Monday morning radio hit on Toronto’s TSN 1050. “But so do assistant general managers, and that’s what your pro scouting department is for. So when the general manager comes into the equation, more often than not he’s there with purpose, so he’s looking at something specific.

“Now, we don’t know if it’s the New York Rangers, even though the Rangers have been scouting the Toronto Maple Leafs as well, if there’s a connection there. I think general speculation suggests that they should or would be looking at a New York Ranger defenseman.

“I don’t know of that group who automatically is going to help the Leafs. And in saying that, of that group who’s available. I think the New York Rangers are willing to consider just about anything because they’re in the midst of a renovation as well. Up front, I know that they’d be interesting in trading a couple of centers - Mats Zuccarello, Kevin Hayes is another one the New York Rangers would be willing to part with.

“And there is some history between the teams here. The Toronto Maple Leafs were kicking tires on a Rangers defenseman last year - I don’t know if it was McDonagh or who it was - Toronto wasn’t that deep in the negotiation with the Rangers, but there was dialogue. And it pretty much stopped when the Rangers asked for Kasperi Kapanen. So the Rangers wanted Kapanen. Toronto at that point last year said, ‘No, we’re not trading Kapanen.’

“Maybe they’re trying to get something going on that front.”

https://www.nicholsonhockey.com/archives/2018/10/22/dreger-rangers-willing-to-consider-just-about-anything

Archived