• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sending Two Scouts to Leafs/Pens Game; Nylander?

Phil

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe the leafs would want McQuaid? I'd suggest DeAngelo, but he hasn't been playing, so he wasn't being scouted.

Not sure what they get for McQuaid........

Id think they’d want either, more so mcquaid.

I think the rangers would get a better return at the trade deadline for either, though.

Dubas isn’t dumb. This is a calculated move. Probably bc he’s close to a deal with a different team but not getting enough... so pretend the rangers are involved!

Nylander out west shortly

They don't. One of Nylander/Marner will get moved IMO.

Can't see them moving Marner at all. Any RHD that would be good enough to cost Marner won't be available. Or Nylander + will cover it.

Back to the idea that they'd consider trading Kap? You guys realize we can retain up to 50% on any salary this year because we have no cap concerns this year. So we can send them a pricey player. So who would help a Cup run this year?

McQuaid and Zuc (50%)

McQuaid and Hayes (50%)

McQuaid and Shatty? (50% for 3 years) They let Gardiner go UFA, he sucks.

McQuaid, Spoons (50% 2 years) and Lindgren or Rykov

Any of these for Kap even close? Then they keep Nylander.

I wouldn?t because of the age of McQuaid. But Maybe Shatty at 50% for 3 yrs.( that?s 3.3 mil. per) and Spooner for Kapanen.?is that too much?

Would you do: a 25 yr old Zibenajad at 4 yrs and 5.35 mil for Nylander who?s 22 and holding out for Draisaitl money, 8.5 mil.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I wouldn’t because of the age of McQuaid. But Maybe Shatty at 50% for 3 yrs.( that’s 3.3 mil. per) and Spooner for Kapanen.—is that too much?

Would you do: a 25 yr old Zibenajad at 4 yrs and 5.35 mil for Nylander who’s 22 and holding out for Draisaitl money, 8.5 mil.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No. I don't think Nylander is worth that amount of money. I would probably do it if he took a 7x7 or so.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but if we traded Zibanejad I'd really prefer picks and/or high end cost-controlled prospects.

• 3 weeks later...
I honestly don't get the hubub. He's a 20 goal 60 point guy who disappears in the playoffs.

I know he's young but it's not like its Mattews or Marner.

He?s put up 61 pts at age 20 and 21. That?s pretty impressive.

And he has 8pts in 13 playoff games, each year second on team. A little early to say he disappears in the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I honestly don't get the hubub. He's a 20 goal 60 point guy who disappears in the playoffs.

He was a first round pick!

And I’ve said his last name, before.

Must be good.

Well he's got 2 goals in 13 playoff games. Almost Nash-like... For a first line player.

When he?s still doing that 10 years from now we can discuss. The maple leafs simply had a coupled bad runs, mainly because they are lead by kids.

I wouldn?t read too much into it

When he?s still doing that 10 years from now we can discuss. The maple leafs simply had a coupled bad runs, mainly because they are lead by kids.

I wouldn?t read too much into it

I agree but we can only talk right now about that he is right now. And right now I don't see selling the farm for Zuccarello 2.0 in terms of output.

One for one I'd trade almost anyone, but I wouldn't put a huge package together for just him.

Huh? He'd be the highest scoring player on the team instantly at 22 years old... What's not to like?

2 rounds of playoff experience are enough to write him off for the rest of his career?

Huh? He'd be the highest scoring player on the team instantly at 22 years old... What's not to like?

2 rounds of playoff experience are enough to write him off for the rest of his career?

Ok. Our team sucks. Being the best player on our team isn't an accomplishment.

Archived