• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The New "Home Improvement" Thread

The Dude

Oh, that'd piss me off as the owner (you) so much. You should absolutely try your best to have them come out and fix it at no cost, but there is a bit of this on you because you didn't handle this right away. 

Any word today? I didn't read the last page - did you propose they match the lowest estimate?

52 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

It’s the top of the door.  Think of it like this if it makes sense.  

\
l

l

the top panel of the door isn’t flush against the top. 

Oh that's even worse, yea they have to fix that.

• Keeps it 100 1

57 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Oh, that'd piss me off as the owner (you) so much. You should absolutely try your best to have them come out and fix it at no cost, but there is a bit of this on you because you didn't handle this right away. 

Any word today? I didn't read the last page - did you propose they match the lowest estimate?

I did ask him to match the other price, $300 vs their $450.  Crickets so far. 

57 minutes ago, siddious said:

Can I ask how much it cost to re-do your driveway? Mine desperately needs to be repaved but I’m scared to even get a quote since I still have redo my roof In the summer 

Roof is definitely more important.  I don’t remember the actual breakdown of the separate jobs.  We did back patio, front stoop, and driveway all at once.  I want to say it was somewhere in the $3k-$6k range.  Blacktop with paver border. 

31 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Roof is definitely more important.  I don’t remember the actual breakdown of the separate jobs.  We did back patio, front stoop, and driveway all at once.  I want to say it was somewhere in the $3k-$6k range.  Blacktop with paver border. 

Oh that’s not bad someone had recently told me they paid 15k so I was thinking In that range

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

They didn't do blacktop, or they have a long ass driveway 

They paved part of it and black top part of it so maybe that’s why.  Drive way is roughly my size. I’ve got some pretty big holes too so I’m assuming that’ll be extra 

3 hours ago, siddious said:

They paved part of it and black top part of it so maybe that’s why.  Drive way is roughly my size. I’ve got some pretty big holes too so I’m assuming that’ll be extra 

Paved meaning paver? That'll do it. I'm not doing any of mine paver, I don't see the point.

On 3/23/2022 at 12:30 PM, siddious said:

Paving and blacktop is the same.  Did you mean they did pavers?  As in bricks?  Like I said I have a blacktop driveway with a paver border.  

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Paving and blacktop is the same.  Did you mean they did pavers?  As in bricks?  Like I said I have a blacktop driveway with a paver border.  

We're going to widen ours this summer but we're doing blacktop with a paper border as well, the paver border will join directly to a new front walkway and sidewalk way with pavers as well. 

• Like 1

Tomorrow my brother in law and I begin taking back my front yard.  We're renting a bobcat and digging out a bunch of the shitty sandy dirt that was excavated when my cesspool/septic tank job done in November.  Getting rid of a bunch of the sand, grading/leveling, sprinkler system repaired next week and then laying down topsoil and prepping for seed once we get a streak of warmer weather.  I can't wait to have grass again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Tomorrow my brother in law and I begin taking back my front yard.  We're renting a bobcat and digging out a bunch of the shitty sandy dirt that was excavated when my cesspool/septic tank job done in November.  Getting rid of a bunch of the sand, grading/leveling, sprinkler system repaired next week and then laying down topsoil and prepping for seed once we get a streak of warmer weather.  I can't wait to have grass again.

Just sod it, dude. It's gonna take 2-3 seasons to fill in otherwise. 

10 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Nah I’ll get it looking good again.  Sod is way more expensive.  

When I redid my back yard, the soil/grass portion was $3K for soil and seed, $5K for soil and sod. Yea, it's almost double, but in the grand scheme of the outdoor renovation, $2K isn't that big a deal for instant lawn. 

Edited by Pete