• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

(#67) Wolf Pack v. Winipeg Jets // Stop Winning, FFS

DeAngelo, Pionk and Gilmour are smaller than or just a little bigger than my 15 y/o, and they’re close to the same weight class.

Exactly. You can't even pretend you're going to try to properly defend with a group like this.

I get employing one or even two if they bring it at the other end, but in Pionk and Gilmour's case, they don't do that either.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeAngelo, Pionk and Gilmour are smaller than or just a little bigger than my 15 y/o, and they’re close to the same weight class.

Not always about size either, but make a guy work, or go through you, or fight for space... once, maybe?

I'm small, but I'd hit you, stick you, or make you run me over to get by me.

Not always about size either, but make a guy work, or go through you, or fight for space... once, maybe?

I'm small, but I'd hit you, stick you, or make you run me over to get by me.

You’re also a forward

You’re also a forward

well, ive always said you need a guy that makes you keep your head up when you cross that blueline. Doesnt need to be Chara. Kasparitis will do.

In this NHL, just about everyone can throw a good hit. Just need to show the willingness once in a while.

well, ive always said you need a guy that makes you keep your head up when you cross that blueline. Doesnt need to be Chara. Kasparitis will do.

In this NHL, just about everyone can throw a good hit. Just need to show the willingness once in a while.

Disagree. It's somewhat of a lost art these days, IMO. Lot of reaching and curling away from the play instead of driving through someone.

Exactly. You can't even pretend you're going to try to properly defend with a group like this.

I get employing one or even two if they bring it at the other end, but in Pionk and Gilmour's case, they don't do that either.

Color me super unimpressed with Pionk. Atleast Gilmour skates fast, and has some passing/shooting skills. Pionk has been kinda blah. Was expecting way more offensive production/ skills from him.

Send him down. Ive seen enough. Or am I judging too soon?

Where's the kid they got from Colorado for Graves?

Mason is never lousy against the Rangers. Infact hes more Steve "Vezina" Mason when he plays the Rangers.

seriously. He's beyond terrible most of the times I see him not playing the Rangers.

F'ing lefty goalies.

"Just need to show the willingness"

Gamesachangin ... If you come across a kid willing to do it, fine, but there’s no emphasis put on it at the younger levels. Same with the “off the glass and out” shit. No one wants to play that game for 3 periods.

Archived