• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-18 NHL Trade Deadline // Sell, Sell, Sell!

Phil

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man' date=' I'll be really sad if Zucc gets traded.[/quote']

I haven't been here very long, but i'm expecting a few meltdowns if we trade Zuccarello and keep JT.

They need to keep some vets to show the kids the right way to play and Zucc is usually that. AlthoughI realize he hasn't "seemed" quite himself this year, he is still scoring at .69 points per game, the same or arguably better than his career clip of .68 ppg, since this team has sucked so hard this year.

He'd be a massive loss to the soul of and interest in this team, IMO. He's not only one of the best players, he's like the mascot and MVP/Players' Player rolled into one. I was a bit shocked to realize he's 30 now, but I still see him as part of the solution not part of the problem.

Somewhere down the line — and if this team wasnts to turn it around sooner rather than later — it can't be totally gutted and will need to have some players that impact scoring forwards want to play with, and I'd putt Zucc in that context.

To what Gravesy said, I want to keep them both. [EDIT]and yeah, I'd probably throw up if Zucc was traded; his defiant, feisty, heart of a lion spirit means a lot to me personally. [/edit]

Zuc could still fetch us a lot as a rental next year if we are not a playoff contender so I'd like to keep him for now if we can. As much as I love me some draft picks, let's not forget we still need to ice a team next year too. I'd like to keep all of our (NHL Level) RFAs as well.

Flip one of Hayes/Miller, preferably Miller for me. You can package one of these guys with a first to try and move up in the draft (if we don't do this with McDonagh).

Keep Sjkei - not sure what kind of contract to give him and for how long.

Vesey - meh.

O'Gara, Gilmour - idk.

Spooner - idk much about this dude and I didn't watch the game last night.

I agree that keeping Zucc would be wise for the kids.

Flip one of Hayes/Miller, preferably Miller for me.

Keep Sjkei - not sure what kind of contract to give him and for how long.

Vesey - meh.

O'Gara, Gilmour - idk.

Spooner - idk much about this dude and I didn't watch the game last night.

I agree that keeping Zucc would be wise for the kids.

Of the Miller vs Hayes flip I'd prefer to flip Hayes but I think we're better keeping both.

Vesey I'd keep. He won't cost a ton in salary and can be a decent third liner. He's not valuable enough to trade for anything to make it worth losing an RFA for nothing. Let's hope this was a sophomore slump and he can be better next year.

Gilmour absolutely keep. forgot about O'gara but he'll probably be an AHL guy anyway.

I didn't watch last night either (free concert tickets don't judge!) but from having watched some B's games, Spooner is a good player and I hope we give him a contract with some years on it.

Especially considering what Nash got.

Yeah. I just can't see any of the contenders giving up roster players anywhere near good enough to make it worth our while.

I'd like to think a deal for Zuccarello is going to be difficult to do right now. But that might be because I don't want it to happen.

If price is right on zucc I’m fine with moving him. His size and style of play would probably mean a large dip in production soon. As far as miller I wouldn’t be so quick to move him. He plays with an edge and has already put up good offensive numbers even while being juggled throughout the lineup and never playing with a real distributor at center. Plus you would probably be selling low on him right now. I think he’s the kind of guy who will pick up production with more responsibility on his back. He’s not the sharpest tool but he’s got a fire in him that yes leads to some dumb shit but also points to him wanting that responsibility.

That list is laughable. Could you imagine UFAs Kane and Maroon are higher than Zuc and Hoffman w/ 2 years left.

Zuc is going nowhere today. We'd need to be blown away with an offer that isn't going to happen. I'll give 5 to 1 odds Miller goes nowhere. 10 to 1 on Hayes and Vesey.

Hell, I'm not sure McD or Spooner go anywhere. Let's give Spooner 5 to 1 and Mac 3.5 to 1 (7/2) lol AV says 50/50 :mactruck:

Today end with a 5th for DD:slats:

I think under the right coach, Miller would definitely be a MUCH better player. I can live with or without Zucc, depending on what we would get back.

Franny, what are you hearing on Mac? I keep hearing Toronto is the favorite....if not then Tampa.

Archived