• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-18 NHL Trade Deadline // Sell, Sell, Sell!

Phil

I think under the right coach, Miller would definitely be a MUCH better player. I can live with or without Zucc, depending on what we would get back.

Franny, what are you hearing on Mac? I keep hearing Toronto is the favorite....if not then Tampa.

It always seems to be the team that is not mentioned that a guy gets traded to and I don't think anyone here had Nash to the B's.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Parsley did...He was the only one, Paddy.

Yeah I never thought Nash to Boston, but we did get quite a good return for him!!! I was kinda outta the loop this weekend, but I watched Spooner last night and I liked him a lot. Gotta make sure AV doesn't pussify him as well. Seems as though every player that comes here is good until he gets his pansy hands on him and then they all play "Ranger Hockey"....you know, the shit we're watching right now with no hitting, shooting, scoring, etc! LOL

... As far as miller I wouldn’t be so quick to move him. He plays with an edge and has already put up good offensive numbers even while being juggled throughout the lineup and never playing with a real distributor at center. Plus you would probably be selling low on him right now. I think he’s the kind of guy who will pick up production with more responsibility on his back. He’s not the sharpest tool but he’s got a fire in him that yes leads to some dumb shit but also points to him wanting that responsibility.

I see the same thing.

Kind of guy you hope to acquire, young and price is right, not trade.

We put all the effort into developing him and he produces. It'll take 6 years to get a drraft pick to that level, even if they pan out which most of them don't.

Keeper for me.

Zuc is going nowhere today. We'd need to be blown away with an offer that isn't going to happen. I'll give 5 to 1 odds Miller goes nowhere. 10 to 1 on Hayes and Vesey.

Hell, I'm not sure McD or Spooner go anywhere. Let's give Spooner 5 to 1 and Mac 3.5 to 1 (7/2) lol AV says 50/50 :mactruck:

Well that is reassuring.

I am not big on giving RFA's away. UFA's is another story.

Still see McD as last-minute best offer deadline deal — there has to be more than one team interested, surely?

Today end with a 5th for DD:slats:

If there's a willing taker, you would think it's gonna happen.

If price is right on zucc I’m fine with moving him. His size and style of play would probably mean a large dip in production soon. As far as miller I wouldn’t be so quick to move him. He plays with an edge and has already put up good offensive numbers even while being juggled throughout the lineup and never playing with a real distributor at center. Plus you would probably be selling low on him right now. I think he’s the kind of guy who will pick up production with more responsibility on his back. He’s not the sharpest tool but he’s got a fire in him that yes leads to some dumb shit but also points to him wanting that responsibility.

^^ this

As a Norwegian, I have seen Zucc play from around age 18 in clubs not worth mentioning till now.

I have a strong suspicion he is at his absolute peak regarding most parameters.

Gorton will never get more $ for him than at this very moment I am pretty sure.

Sell

So, which 4 eastern teams are interested.

Tampa, Toronto, I guess Florida. Who else. Can trade McD to our division. Detroit doesn't really think they have a shot? The Bruins don't have enough anymore, Carlo can not be a big piece for us.

Washington was mentioned this morning but not sure if they are the 4th team

Archived