• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-18 NHL Trade Deadline // Sell, Sell, Sell!

Phil

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nash is going to be the prized chip on Monday afternoon...I can see it now.

Nash was wasting away on this team. WAIT!

This is the guy who's going to be the difference maker this playoff season. The guy's a beast around the net and with the correct system in place, he's gonna kill it. I called it and I'm sticking with it: The team he gets traded to is going to be in the Stanley Cup Finals and he's going to be in the top 5 scorers in the playoffs.

We damn well better get something pretty good for him! This is the guys that commands the #1 pick....nothing less

This is the guy who's going to be the difference maker this playoff season. The guy's a beast around the net and with the correct system in place, he's gonna kill it. I called it and I'm sticking with it: The team he gets traded to is going to be in the Stanley Cup Finals and he's going to be in the top 5 scorers in the playoffs.

We damn well better get something pretty good for him! This is the guys that commands the #1 pick....nothing less

We will definetly get a first for Nash. Right now The Rangers have a high asking price which is good but I'm sure we will compromise a little as we get closer. We still are gonna get a good return. Teams are probably waiting to see if we blink first and just accept any deal out of fear. Plus Nash is probably gonna be back here next year if he is willing to take a big paycut and teams know that

Nash will get a #1 and a good prospect. Especially after what Brassard got.

You know what, 31? You're right! I think the Brassard deal just set the market price! Good call dude!

Even before the Brass trade Nash was the big target available or at least the top 2-3 guys available. Nash was always gonna get us a first rounder. However we are also asking for their top prospect AND another good prospect. That's a lot for a rental and probably why Nash is still here. We will end up with a first and a good prospect but not the top prospect

I'm hearing a possible deadline day deal could be Zuc to Calgary for Bennett, one of their young Swedish D man (not sure who), and a 3rd rounder. This will depend on how other moves go.

Also, I hear they've been trying to move Miller, Vesey, and Hayes but no one wants them. Horrible locker room guys, and have bad attitudes.

I love the Bennett rumor.

Goad they are shopping Vesey and Miller. Surprised to hear about attitude isdues. Maybe its something to do with team philosophy?

I love the Bennett rumor.

Goad they are shopping Vesey and Miller. Surprised to hear about attitude isdues. Maybe its something to do with team philosophy?

I'm surprised anyone is surprised. To me its the most obvious rumor. Two guys who snubbed their drafted teams and another who had issues going back to the draft. Has anyone been watching Miller? He gives up on almost every play.

I'm surprised anyone is surprised. To me its the most obvious rumor. Two guys who snubbed their drafted teams and another who had issues going back to the draft. Has anyone been watching Miller? He gives up on almost every play.

31, I’m not disagreeing with you here, and I apologize for quoting your post on this matter. I want to clarify again that these were not words coming from any member of the coaching staff. Also, no one said they’re not good players, or don’t try hard enough. The comment was, they are “bad locker room guys”. I don’t know exactly why, and I didn’t ask. So anything mentioned about my comment by others here is pure speculation.

Ha ha, my wife is up and I still can't get laid. In the doghouse I guess, so I stew about AV and a 2nd for Grabs.

On a 20 man team. for me, one is an exception, two is a problem and three is a trend. Yes, at least one attitude should have been fixed or one example should have been made. They let it get out of hand. 15% bad attidudes in the locker room is too much. It was time for a coaching change, before this info. How can you not understand why some of us think this makes it more likely that it is time for a change. I don't care who is the biggest blame, we need a leader to fix it and the culture.

Im not going to even act like I can put a finger on exactly what Mike is trying to say. Bad locker room guys could be taken in many different ways

So, lets just go over tje options of what the issues may be.

Lazy habits on and off ice. Team meetings,. video prep, on ice drills, lateness and so on.

Factioning off and separation from the rest of the team. Clichy.

Just douche bags. Spoiled attitude.

When the coach has no options to sit or discipline guys like this, I'd imagine the coach hopes the locker room fixes the issues. To me it looks like that locker room is soft and easy going. They are trying to trade the captain. Nash isnt a hard ass. Zucc is a midget. They couldn't get a player to step up and take control on ice. Just imagine off of it.

Maybe AV was aware of it. Maybe thats why Miller was up and down the lineup for years. Maybe thats why Vesey hasn't seen top 6 minutes since last season? Hayes has been a AV project the whole time though.

This is just me guessing.

31, I’m not disagreeing with you here, and I apologize for quoting your post on this matter. I want to clarify again that these were not words coming from any member of the coaching staff. Also, no one said they’re not good players, or don’t try hard enough. The comment was, they are “bad locker room guys”. I don’t know exactly why, and I didn’t ask. So anything mentioned about my comment by others here is pure speculation.

Of course. I'm looking at it from what I see -- which is limited. I'm not surprised in the least that they're bad in the locker room and your post helped solidify feelings I've had about them since day one but had no reason or proof.

Finally. Can't wait to see how many people on here complain about how we got hosed.

I expect we get a first and a good prospect. thats a fair deal for a rental especially at this stage in his career. Right now the Rangers are asking for the moon which is the right thing to do but I'm sure they will compromise by tomorrow

I expect we get a first and a good prospect. thats a fair deal for a rental especially at this stage in his career. Right now the Rangers are asking for the moon which is the right thing to do but I'm sure they will compromise by tomorrow

Yep. Needs to be a good prospect though. Can't get some borderline NHL player. We have a ton of those.

Archived