• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-18 NHL Trade Deadline // Sell, Sell, Sell!

Phil

Oliver Kylington or Rasmus Andersson? I assume Kylington. Interesting.

How is Vesey a bad attitude. I'll assume Hayes is too non-chalant and Miller is a grumpy bitch too often. Is Vesey just a sore loser?

Jesus Christ, how about they focus on trading the UFAs and guys with 1 year left first, while scouting all the possible prospects available in return. Then we can worry about a coaching staff, the draft, more trades and Free agency.

assumption ahead

rich, entitled kids, in the nhl, making money

partying, not taking it serious (enough)

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm hearing a possible deadline day deal could be Zuc to Calgary for Bennett, one of their young Swedish D man (not sure who), and a 3rd rounder. This will depend on how other moves go.

Also, I hear they've been trying to move Miller, Vesey, and Hayes but no one wants them. Horrible locker room guys, and have bad attitudes.

Ya think?! Least surprising shit I've ever heard. Get them all the fuck out of here. Kevin Hayes couldn't have given less of a shit that he scored tonight. I'm not sure Miller has cared all season. I also think they've been effecting Skjei negatively. Get out.

That frat house scene with Vesey Hayes and Skjei is a debacle IMO.

I'm hearing a possible deadline day deal could be Zuc to Calgary for Bennett, one of their young Swedish D man (not sure who), and a 3rd rounder. This will depend on how other moves go.

Also, I hear they've been trying to move Miller, Vesey, and Hayes but no one wants them. Horrible locker room guys, and have bad attitudes.

How would the opposing GMs know all 3 of these guys are horrible attitudes/lockerroom guys? Vesey is only in his 2nd year and always had a good rep. From Harvard, liked at Harvard. Sounds like a coach trying to make excuses and it is also a lot for us to digest all at once. How did this all come out now?

I am not crazy about the idea of trading Zuccarello for a few reasons.

1. Vet presence is obviously needed during a rebuild and he strikes me as a high character guy.

2. He's produced every year of his contract despite having a down season.

3. Without honey badger here it's a team of giant vaginas.

But I also understand this team needs to do whatever it can to move forward. So color me conflicted on this one.

How would the opposing GMs know all 3 of these guys are horrible attitudes/lockerroom guys? Vesey is only in his 2nd year and always had a good rep. From Harvard, liked at Harvard. Sounds like a coach trying to make excuses and it is also a lot for us to digest all at once. How did this all come out now?

Well two of them refused to sign with the team that drafted them so...

assumption ahead

rich, entitled kids, in the nhl, making money

partying, not taking it serious (enough)

Ya think?! Least surprising shit I've ever heard. Get them all the fuck out of here. Kevin Hayes couldn't have given less of a shit that he scored tonight. I'm not sure Miller has cared all season. I also think they've been effecting Skjei negatively. Get out.

That frat house scene with Vesey Hayes and Skjei is a debacle IMO.

All possible scenarios for sure. Mix that in with the fact the Rangers spoil their players more than any other team in the league, and that’s a recipe for disaster. They fired the guy that tried to change that a little.

Just more reason for me to hate J.T. Miller. I can't stand that guy. Vesey is going to play himself out of the NHL if he continues going the same way he seems to be. Hayes I can still get behind I think. The strides he's made on the defensive end since his first year are pretty remarkable. As well as his progression in the face-off circle. Not everyone is a leader but I still think he has value.

Just more reason for me to hate J.T. Miller. I can't stand that guy. Vesey is going to play himself out of the NHL if he continues going the same way he seems to be. Hayes I can still get behind I think. The strides he's made on the defensive end since his first year are pretty remarkable. As well as his progression in the face-off circle. Not everyone is a leader but I still think he has value.

You're just saying that because your name's Kevin.

Let me give you an example of how everyone knows everything about everyone in hockey.... My son is 15, he’s currently getting moderate looks at the next level, coaches from programs in Dallas, Colorado, and Pittsburgh have reached out to ask questions about him. They know the last time he took a shit. Everyone is watching. As a coach, I can make 1 or 2 calls and find out anything about a pee wee to midget player from the other side of the country. Now, imagine what the NHL guys know.

Miller had a rep of being too cocky as a rookie, but supposedly grew out of that over time. Hayes on the town too much, on the couch playing video games and eating chips and ice cream is certainly possible. Vesey? Not really the entitled type. Rep is quiet hard worker. Got me. Fire AV. If new coach doesn't like any of them, trade them.

All possible scenarios for sure. Mix that in with the fact the Rangers spoil their players more than any other team in the league, and that’s a recipe for disaster. They fired the guy that tried to change that a little.

Well that is damning of the culture and should be the final final final straw for the head coach. The buck stops where? You guys talk about losing a lockerroom? That is losing a lockerroom, if all these players have bad attitude/lockerroom reps.

Anyway, thanks for those responses Mikey.

Miller had a rep of being too cocky as a rookie, but supposedly grew out of that over time. Hayes on the town too much, on the couch playing video games and eating chips and ice cream is certainly possible. Vesey? Not really the entitled type. Rep is quiet hard worker. Got me. Fire AV. If new coach doesn't like any of them, trade them.

Why couldn’t he be considered entitled? Kid grew up around NHL guys his whole life. His dad was his coach at Middlesex and is a scout for the Leafs.

Sounds like a lot of nonsense a coach who has failed to get young guys to produce putting it on the players. ANy of this bad stuff could be true. But NYR need to be wary that another coach might get significant better results. Makes no sense to dump young guys on cheap contracts. And wonder how much of this is the reaction to "24/7" . So some 20 something NHL players with some money in their pockets might like to party? HORRORS! Get some new eyes behind the bench before you take any stock in the words of coach who failed here.

Well that is damning of the culture and should be the final final final straw for the head coach. The buck stops where? You guys talk about losing a lockerroom? That is losing a lockerroom, if all these players have bad attitude/lockerroom reps.

Anyway, thanks for those responses Mikey.

That’s not on the coach. At all. AV doesn’t serve surf and turf at the team lunches or hand out menus with 43 options on it. If a kid is a dick, he’s a dick. That’s not on the coach, nor should it be his primary job to constantly change guys in that manner.

I imagine not signing with the team that drafted you doesnt bode well with GMs around the league

This. Nor is the media or the fans too chill about it.

Easy to see people calling these kids entitled bitches and spreading rumors when things go south. I think it may be a little overdone. Vesey is not Galychenuk or even Duclair. Unless there are deeper problems, many of these kids grow up.

Sounds like a lot of nonsense a coach who has failed to get young guys to produce putting it on the players. ANy of this bad stuff could be true. But NYR need to be wary that another coach might get significant better results. Makes no sense to dump young guys on cheap contracts. And wonder how much of this is the reaction to "24/7" . So some 20 something NHL players with some money in their pockets might like to party? HORRORS! Get some new eyes behind the bench before you take any stock in the words of coach who failed here.

Why is everyone blaming the coach for the attitudes of 3 players? Does anyone think they weren’t like that before they got here? Has nothing to do with the coach.

Why is everyone blaming the coach for the attitudes of 3 players? Does anyone think they weren’t like that before they got here? Has nothing to do with the coach.

Because the timing of this seems very odd. And it hasn't been established that anyone actually has a bad attitude. And if I was nailed to the bench every time I made a mistake to watch the likes of Desharnais and Holland do nothing with that ice time, I might be rightfully pissed at said coach.

People are stuck on a few players. And other just blame everything on the coach. It's part of the breaking up process. It'll all be healed in time.

Because the timing of this seems very odd. And it hasn't been established that anyone actually has a bad attitude. And if I was nailed to the bench every time I made a mistake to watch the likes of Desharnais and Holland do nothing with that ice time, I might be rightfully pissed at said coach.

The timing of what? I posted this information and never once did I mention it had anything to do with AV. These words did not come from him, or another staff member.

That’s not on the coach. At all. AV doesn’t serve surf and turf at the team lunches or hand out menus with 43 options on it. If a kid is a dick, he’s a dick. That’s not on the coach, nor should it be his primary job to constantly change guys in that manner.

Mikey, it's possible. The dick thing. I mean is Vesey being a dick when handing out menus or other greet and meets? That is not a reason to try and trade a cost-controled 2nd year kid. Entitled? I guess, but you don't get into Harvard coasting and he was liked by teammates and coaches there.

However, a bad attitude in the locker room after all this time should be dealt with by the leadership group. If that doesn't do it, then the coaching staff needs to manage it. If it is one or two guys that is one thing. Yet, if so many of the young core all developing a bad enough rep to be shunned by the rest of the league, then the problem rises to a crisis. And rises to the top, as far as responsibility.

Archived