• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Ready to Assume 50% of McD, Nash Contracts; Tampa/Minnesota in the Mix

LindG1000

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adding the 50% kicker into the discussion does nothing more than open the potential discussion to more teams, which is good business. If the concept of kicking in $$ helps drive the cost up, excellent.. even better if they don't end up paying a red cent.

I know how it works.

Again, if a team cant clear minimal cap space for a proven #1D like McDonagh, then the shit they are offering is probably not what we should be trading a 1D for.

We arent talking about a 8m contract with 5 years left that teams cant fit, with a guy that is being pushed out, past his prime or needs a change of scenery.

I guess it helps teams that are stacked and tight to the cap. Teams like Pitt or any other top team will be able to bid.

But I agree with you, in that a team like that doesn't have the assets I'd consider a good return. Unless they deal Malkin in the deal....

I don't trade McD for just picks.

I'd take Koekkoek and mix and match two or three of Raddysh/Howden/Foote/1st and 2nd Rounder/Cirelli

I think it would be somewhere in that area. Sergachev is a nice thought, but isn't going to happen.

Then look elsewhere. The point in trading McDonagh is not to pull back quantity. It's to pull back quality.

I'd take Koekkoek and mix and match two or three of Raddysh/Howden/Foote/1st and 2nd Rounder/Cirelli

I think it would be somewhere in that area. Sergachev is a nice thought, but isn't going to happen.

Koekoek would be such a gamble given his multiple shoulder surgeries. And we want nothing to do with 2nd rounders for McD, hell Tampa's 1st could be the 30th or 31st pick. Let's get those late 1sts for Nash and Grabs. Dunny, I thought we had a deal about not dealing with Yzerman. Your trade is why. He outfoxed you.

Sidenote, if we want a #1 for McD then let's wait till the draft and go for a top 4 pick. Edm's pick would be sweet. Chirelli can't wait for a kid to save his job and will send us the good shit for McD. Only question is would McD resign there.

Koekoek would be such a gamble given his multiple shoulder surgeries. And we want nothing to do with 2nd rounders for McD, hell Tampa's 1st could be the 30th or 31st pick. Let's get those late 1sts for Nash and Grabs. Dunny, I thought we had a deal about not dealing with Yzerman. Your trade is why. He outfoxed you.

Sidenote, if we want a #1 for McD then let's wait till the draft and go for a top 4 pick. Edm's pick would be sweet. Chirelli can't wait for a kid to save his job and will send us the good shit for McD. Only question is would McD resign there.

Maybe more teams would be interested at the draft but I think the teams that need McD now would be willing to pay more now.

Maybe more teams would be interested at the draft but I think the teams that need McD now would be willing to pay more now.

I would think that would be the case. At least 2 playoff runs for the acquirer, if he is traded now. And playoff teams are a better fit for McD, he is more likely to resign in Tampa or Toronto than Edm. That makes him more valuable to those teams.

I'm not that interested in draft picks being the centerpiece to a Mac trade, unless we are talking about a top 4 pick. That is because there are at least 4 impact players in this draft, that are obvious.

I would think that would be the case. At least 2 playoff runs for the acquirer, if he is traded now. And playoff teams are a better fit for McD, he is more likely to resign in Tampa or Toronto than Edm. That makes him more valuable to those teams.

I'm not that interested in draft picks being the centerpiece to a Mac trade, unless we are talking about a top 4 pick. That is because there are at least 4 impact players in this draft, that are obvious.

I agree. I'd rather a young, talented player a la Nylander, Marner, et al as the centerpiece of the return.

Then look elsewhere. The point in trading McDonagh is not to pull back quantity. It's to pull back quality.

I don't necessarily agree. I'd rather get three good pieces back than one great piece. You're not getting a gamebreaker, anyway you slice it.

I'd like to stock system with a large volume of very good prospects.

We don't know what the return would be but I'd be thrilled with Howden, Raddysh and either a 2nd or Koekkeok. That gives us two bigger, skilled, bodies who project as top 6 forwards and either a gamble replacemet for McD or a lottery ticket. I don't see any package better from anyone else besides Toronto.

I don't really want Julius Honka.

I don't necessarily agree. I'd rather get three good pieces back than one great piece. You're not getting a gamebreaker, anyway you slice it.

I'd like to stock system with a large volume of very good prospects.

Why? How does this alleviate the issues the Rangers are dealing with? As if they're struggling to ice bottom-six forwards and 4-7 D?

I don't think you're getting 4 years of Nylander or Marner for one and a half years of Ryan McDonaugh. I just don't think it's going to happen.

You're looking at it the wrong way. It's Nylander or Marner for McDonagh and a significantly increased chance of winning the Cup before needing to lock up the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don't think you're getting 4 years of Nylander or Marner for one and a half years of Ryan McDonaugh. I just don't think it's going to happen.

With Demott's emergence, I just don't think TOR is a good trade partner for McDonagh.

I still have my eye on a team like Vegas, though I'm not sure if they really want to sacrifice any of the picks/prospects they picked up.

With Demott's emergence, I just don't think TOR is a good trade partner for McDonagh.

I still have my eye on a team like Vegas, though I'm not sure if they really want to sacrifice any of the picks/prospects they picked up.

That's why they need to include Dermott in the deal. :cheers: We can expand the deal and replace their forward with Nash and pick up 50% of his salary.

No, seriously you may be right. I have this bad feeling that they are going to decide to add Greene instead and keep their young pieces a while longer. If it was just up to Babcock, I'd be more confident. But Shanny has been very smart and has patiently stuck with his original long term plan.

We don't know what the return would be but I'd be thrilled with Howden, Raddysh and either a 2nd or Koekkeok. That gives us two bigger, skilled, bodies who project as top 6 forwards and either a gamble replacemet for McD or a lottery ticket. I don't see any package better from anyone else besides Toronto.

I don't really want Julius Honka.

Howden has made it to Syracuse, maybe I'll get a chance to see him soon. Given the WJ, I assume Raddysh stock has also risen since his draft, why isn't he being sent to Syracuse now? You know these two OHLers better than I, they need to be the goods.

Can we forget the 2nd rounders? I figure if they are needed to round out a deal for McD then the prospects are notgood enough. At least a first rounder would make your deal more palatable. Koekkoek, even with his injuries, is worth more than a very late 2nd.

I'm not thrilled with Honka.

You may be right, but the 4 years is a weird number. If Nylander or Marner want to go 7-8 years, along with Mathews, (which seems likely) I think Toronto is looking at 3 huge LT contracts. I'm hoping they think that may be too much at forward and they best allocate some to defense, maybe even a vet.

Plus, no one is giving us the return needed, unless they think they have a good shot at resigning McD and will have the cap room.

Gave my prediction on his list a few weeks ago

Ah crap, I thought he still had full NMC.

12-team list (he accepts trade to)

Division, always list divisional opponents

Islanders, Devils, Flyers, Caps, Pittsburgh

Desired teams: SJ, TB, Bruins, Blues, Nashville, Dallas (11)

Then fill it with teams that wouldnt trade for him at the deadline.

Maybe: BJs (previous team, previous coach... kinda doubt he wants to go there and leave in a few months), Toronto (likes coach, not Canada)

http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?19909-Rangers-Should-Look-at-Options-on-UFAs-May-Be-Willing-to-Listen-on-Zucc-McD&p=909403&highlight=nash+list#post909403

He's in a pretty good spot, as its only for a few months. He has some good choices. If he doesnt like those teams, he can always pull it off and add Arizona/Buffalo-type teams, that wont be making deals for rentals at the deadline.

Well guess it had to happen, surprised it is public. Here we go.

One thing that has been known is Nash not wanting to go to Canada, whatever his reasons. One would think the circumstances in Toronto would make it an attractive spot to play. I bet he'd accept a trade there.

Josh, not sure Nash would strategically put teams on and off the list. More likely he'd just think of the 12 teams he'd most like to play for and play it straight. I think the Rangers are showing him respect and are playing it straight. Mgmt sure has been fair with our players. Nash is a stand-up guy, class act. I'd resign him at the right price. Maybe we can attract a few more college free agents with our good rep.

@TSNBobMcKenzie NYR have requested Rick Nash’s No-Trade list and Nash gave it to the club yesterday. The list is 18 teams Nash cannot be traded to (unless he were to waive his NTC). Conversely, NYR now have the green light to trade Nash to the 12 teams not on the list.

Let the bidding begin and hope for high demand

Archived