• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Ready to Assume 50% of McD, Nash Contracts; Tampa/Minnesota in the Mix

LindG1000

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do they have anyone that can be a 1st line center? I hate Zib there.

That's what happens when you force someone into a role rather than letting them earn it mid season. Rangers traded Stepan (rightfully IMO) without Zib earning that spot -- gave it to him in the offseason. I can't remember when that's ever worked out. He's a fine player. Not 1C though. I can't remember the last time the Rangers had a true 1C.

That's what happens when you force someone into a role rather than letting them earn it mid season. Rangers traded Stepan (rightfully IMO) without Zib earning that spot -- gave it to him in the offseason. I can't remember when that's ever worked out. He's a fine player. Not 1C though. I can't remember the last time the Rangers had a true 1C.

My sentiments exactly. And from where I stand, they won?t win a cup without one.

My sentiments exactly. And from where I stand, they won’t win a cup without one.

Bingo! Been saying this for a long while now. The most important thing with this "rebuild" is to get a legit 1C. McD is the only one that could get us one (Maybe a deal with Miller, DeAngelo+, but hard to find the right team). McD and Toronto is probably the only fit and the only team that has a "potential #1C" they can trade. Unless we go total mayhem and targets Draisatl (will never happen tho).

Archived