• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

This is basically the climax of the event. The WWE divas, namely the Bellas came out and sort of broke the 4th wall - saying the division is a joke and there's no competition. It's not stated, but it's implied that it's stale and that the Bellas basically dominate the division, which they do.

Then the new breed of talented, and trained NXT divas came up - suddenly making the Divas division extremely competitive, maybe more so than any other time in history. The only equivalent I can think of with such an influx of talent was during the invasion angle.

Yeah, TNA already revolutionized women's wrestling years ago. It's less of a factor now that so many had moved on, but if you're talking about setting the bar for women's wrestling high, or raising it, they did it back from '07 to '10 — their roster in that time frame puts anything WWE has done to shame.

Alissa Flash, Angelina Love, Amazing Kong, ODB, Velvet Sky, Taylor Wilde, Tara (Victoria), Sarita, Hamada, Christy Hemme, Winter (Katie Lee), Becky Bayless, etc. all called it home.

Yeah, TNA already revolutionized women's wrestling years ago. It's less of a factor now that so many had moved on, but if you're talking about setting the bar for women's wrestling high, or raising it, they did it back from '07 to '10 — their roster in that time frame puts anything WWE has done to shame.

Alissa Flash, Angelina Love, Amazing Kong, ODB, Velvet Sky, Taylor Wilde, Tara (Victoria), Sarita, Hamada, Christy Hemme, Winter (Katie Lee), Becky Bayless, etc. all called it home.

Ehhhhhhh (literally the sound I made reading your post).

I'd argue that none of those women are quite as good or as over as the NXT divas, with the exception of a few. Big names though, for certain. Also, this is just the tip of the ice berg, and we could be seeing more call-ups on a regular basis. Moreover, I'd also say that this happening to a *stale* WWE Women's division has a bigger Impact! than any women's movement has in TNA.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed and applauded the way TNA attempts* to book the women's division. I love(d) watching Kim, Kong, ODB and the like run house. But, I'm also speaking more to a 1 night infusion of talent, rather than piece by piece.

It'd be like 6 members of ROH getting signed to WWE at once, rather than them picking their spots and bringing them in (or up in this instance) one by one.

It instantly makes the division WAY more exciting.

"Over" is a relative term. It's easy to say that anyone not wrestling in a WWE ring isn't "as over" as someone who is based on the size of the crowd.

But I understand better what you are saying now. You're talking about the manner in which they all debuted at once, rather than the actual name value of the girls coming in (which I would argue is simply not at the same level as what TNA had in that run then). The NXT girls may even have a higher ceiling, but right now, today, don't have the same accolades the Knockouts did then.

"Over" is a relative term. It's easy to say that anyone not wrestling in a WWE ring isn't "as over" as someone who is based on the size of the crowd.

But I understand better what you are saying now. You're talking about the manner in which they all debuted at once, rather than the actual name value of the girls coming in (which I would argue is simply not at the same level as what TNA had in that run then). The NXT girls may even have a higher ceiling, but right now, today, don't have the same accolades the Knockouts did then.

Yeah, it's more that they all came up at once - changing the division overnight. As for the ceilings, I get that too - but I'd say they're better wrestlers than the lot TNA had, for the most part. Much better in the ring, even at this point. But you're right, they don't have the cache, yet.

:tweet: @JoshCohan: WWE confirms to @ABC News it has "terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan)."

--

Apparently Hogan went on some kind of racist tirade that was captured on audio.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/601405-more-details-on-hulk-hogan-and-wwe-potentially-parting-ways-hogan-rumored-to-have-gone-on-a-racial-tirade-more

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Oh, I totally agree. Its been so bad. You would think by now the "evil bad bosses who dont care what the fans want" angle would be done snd overwith.. Nope. Who rights this shit? Its unbearable, yet I seem to be interested lately. I gotta get a life. FUCK. Im watching wrestling when it SUCKS. I am drawn to Lesnar though. Maybe thats it.

Oh, I totally agree. Its been so bad. You would think by now the "evil bad bosses who dont care what the fans want" angle would be done snd overwith.. Nope. Who rights this shit? Its unbearable, yet I seem to be interested lately. I gotta get a life. FUCK. Im watching wrestling when it SUCKS. I am drawn to Lesnar though. Maybe thats it.

I've been watching it too. I don't hate it. Some of the storylines suck but all-in-all it's pretty funny. It's hard to replicate the Attitude Era though. They probably never will.