• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

Nope and nope. The only reason I would even consider it is the old WCW content' date=' but I can just watch that on YouTube for free. It's a cool concept for WWE fans — access to WWE content, other shows, etc. But I almost certainly wouldn't be watching any of those.[/quote']

The old content is actually why I asked.

• 2 weeks later...
GFW is still selling promises with promises. When they actually secure a television deal, we'll know there's something there.

This Corgan interview is great. This guy is passionate!

I love Corgan, but he's a bit of a unique animal. It will be quite interesting to see how things go.

It wasn't a competition, I meant it more as "in more interesting news" - but I can see it didn't read that way :)

He's got a long history working in pro-wrestling though, and this is (for the most part) being well received.

Eh, on a minor, minor scale. My issue with Corgan is his commitment. He's still on with Pumpkins, and he's not exactly known for his long-terms dedication to any particular project.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit, what an interview with Corgan on Talk is Jericho (Chris Jericho's podcast): http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=593&pid=505337

Just amazing. This guy is like a fountain of creativity.

Just a couple of highlights (because seriously, you should listen to the entire thing) of Corgan's goals:

• TNA's need for a developmental — something Billy feels they need and that he's already "fighting" for, but says that the word fighting probably isn't the right term because the company is already responding positively here.

• TNA's need to create TNA stars — not necessarily retreads from other companies. However, this can also mean simply presenting another company's creation in a way they weren't prior. He mentions Lashley specifically here, talking about how his run in TNA thus far and what he's been booked to be has been so much more successful than his WWE days. He also mentions having "six to eight" new talents he thinks will make an impact, all pun intended, on TNA television, but cites Bram, ECIII and Rockstar Spud as three "Holy TNA" household names in the making. He mentions that if TNA can take guys from nothing and turn them into a TNA-something, that they've succeeded in creating their own products.

• Along with creating new stars, he cites talent development as a critical aspect of his job, and says he is extremely excited to be working there. Says being able to break through to that "other level" by being able to build up a talent so high that you can get them on Conan or Kimmel is key focus of his. It becomes "TNA's story", not someone else's. Says "I want TNA talent branded for TNA to the glory of TNA — if I can't do that, I'm not doing my job that Dixie hired me to do".

• Speaks to TNA's need to not "fight the monolith by being monolith light", rather offering a "TNA solution" — being TNA, not being WWE-lite. Not being ROH-lite. Not being anything else other than what they are, what they offer, and allowing that creative avenue to bring fans in who are genuinely excited by what the company is offering.

• Thinks TNA needs to key in on fan engagement and reaction, and should have a focus on youth culture, whether it's through story telling, social media engagement or otherwise.

• Says he'll be working on the same level as Lagana and Conway, below Dixie and Gaburick, but that both Dixie and Gaburick have given him substantial power to make changes in the company — changes that would still need a green light, meaning he doesn't have autonomy, but changes they would be receptive to if they think what he's selling will actually sell.

If you're not a TNA fan, or not watching, just listen to this interview. Corgan alone might be enough to get you to give it a shot.

Holy shit, what an interview with Corgan on Talk is Jericho (Chris Jericho's podcast): http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=593&pid=505337

Just amazing. This guy is like a fountain of creativity.

Just a couple of highlights (because seriously, you should listen to the entire thing) of Corgan's goals:

• TNA's need for a developmental — something Billy feels they need and that he's already "fighting" for, but says that the word fighting probably isn't the right term because the company is already responding positively here.

• TNA's need to create TNA stars — not necessarily retreads from other companies. However, this can also mean simply presenting another company's creation in a way they weren't prior. He mentions Lashley specifically here, talking about how his run in TNA thus far and what he's been booked to be has been so much more successful than his WWE days. He also mentions having "six to eight" new talents he thinks will make an impact, all pun intended, on TNA television, but cites Bram, ECIII and Rockstar Spud as three "Holy TNA" household names in the making. He mentions that if TNA can take guys from nothing and turn them into a TNA-something, that they've succeeded in creating their own products.

• Along with creating new stars, he cites talent development as a critical aspect of his job, and says he is extremely excited to be working there. Says being able to break through to that "other level" by being able to build up a talent so high that you can get them on Conan or Kimmel is key focus of his. It becomes "TNA's story", not someone else's. Says "I want TNA talent branded for TNA to the glory of TNA — if I can't do that, I'm not doing my job that Dixie hired me to do".

• Speaks to TNA's need to not "fight the monolith by being monolith light", rather offering a "TNA solution" — being TNA, not being WWE-lite. Not being ROH-lite. Not being anything else other than what they are, what they offer, and allowing that creative avenue to bring fans in who are genuinely excited by what the company is offering.

• Thinks TNA needs to key in on fan engagement and reaction, and should have a focus on youth culture, whether it's through story telling, social media engagement or otherwise.

• Says he'll be working on the same level as Lagana and Conway, below Dixie and Gaburick, but that both Dixie and Gaburick have given him substantial power to make changes in the company — changes that would still need a green light, meaning he doesn't have autonomy, but changes they would be receptive to if they think what he's selling will actually sell.

If you're not a TNA fan, or not watching, just listen to this interview. Corgan alone might be enough to get you to give it a shot.

I listened, but I still call BS on the whole thing - sorry. It all seems conveniently placed next to his tour schedule.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...