• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

:rofl:

But you understand my point, right?

Yeah, I get it. I guess it's just that this thread is mostly about complaining about how good it isn't. Seems odd, is all. I turned on Homeland after 3 bad episodes and I've wanted the main character dead since the first season.

Yeah, I get it. I guess it's just that this thread is mostly about complaining about how good it isn't. Seems odd, is all. I turned on Homeland after 3 bad episodes and I've wanted the main character dead since the first season.

Hey, I regularly praise the pro wrestling I still watch (TNA). It's just not as popular as WWE, so it tends to have fewer eyeballs. That, and it has had a rocky past regarding identity, so there's a lot of brand damage they're trying to overcome.

But isn't this the nature of forums, anyway? I mean, how many positive threads do we really have most of the hockey year, versus ones complaining about what isn't working? It's easier to discuss and debate what isn't working, and how you'd fix it, than to high five over what is.

Hey, I regularly praise the pro wrestling I still watch (TNA). It's just not as popular as WWE, so it tends to have fewer eyeballs. That, and it has had a rocky past regarding identity, so there's a lot of brand damage they're trying to overcome.

But isn't this the nature of forums, anyway? I mean, how many positive threads do we really have most of the hockey year, versus ones complaining about what isn't working? It's easier to discuss and debate what isn't working, and how you'd fix it, than to high five over what is.

I think it's the nature of this forum. I mean, last playoffs I opened a thread because PuckDaddy had Kreider listed early on as a *potential* Conn Smythe candidate — which is huge for him...And rather than give him props for even getting on the list the conversation quickly degenerated into how he didn't even have a shot, and Lundqvist was the MVP, etc. :rolleyes:

Ha! I'd still argue it's the nature of forums, period. They are designed to give a voice to arm chair QB's, fantasy bookers, etc.

How to fix what is broken is just generally an easier starting point than what to do when you're ship is running perfectly.

I'm an aquarium guy, as you know — if I've got a tank up and running and without issues, it's actually... boring. I then look to either tear it down and do something different, or start another tank. My dad has the same bug now. We got his 38G up and running a while ago, and he's now preparing to start a whole new 55G tank, because his tank now, essentially, self sustains.

That doesn't mean the 38G, or my tank are any less enjoyable, but the process to building it up is where the real joy is IMO, just as the process to debating what pieces fit where, who to pay what, etc. is where the real joy in a forum like this lives. It's great to see it come to fruition and to watch the team succeed because of it, but ultimately, at least for me, the most interesting aspects of debate are where I can actually disagree with someone on something — contract value, trades, line mates, etc.

I'm actually really impressed with TNA giving Canadian fans the ability to watch Impact via YouTube until a home is found - so I plan to support TNA as a gesture of good will.

I love aspects of that company, and HATE others. Lashley has all the physical tools, but he's comically bad on the mic (sounds like David Beckham). But I do love EC3, Bobby Roode - and various other aspects of the company.

I'm utterly biased here, but I really don't understand why anyone would have much issue with the product TNA is putting out right now. Aside from a few kinks over pacing between segments, length of matches, etc. the wrestling itself is all hard-hitting and from what I've been told by friends who watch WWE religiously, much better than the competition is offering.

Oh, and I completely agree on Lashley. Incredible performer. He just needs to be kept a mile away from anything that can pick up his audio, because he has the personality of a god damned doorknob.

I'm utterly biased here, but I really don't understand why anyone would have much issue with the product TNA is putting out right now. Aside from a few kinks over pacing between segments, length of matches, etc. the wrestling itself is all hard-hitting and from what I've been told by friends who watch WWE religiously, much better than the competition is offering.

Oh, and I completely agree on Lashley. Incredible performer. He just needs to be kept a mile away from anything that can pick up his audio, because he has the personality of a god damned doorknob.

Downsizing might have been the best thing for TNA. They seemingly no longer see themselves as big dogs any longer, but instead as an "elite" indie of sorts. I see this as a reason why they've been so willing to play ball with talent, and have returned to stalwarts of the brand they abandoned when they went "head-to-head" with Raw.

As for BL - you're absolutely on the ball. The guy makes Roman Reigns looks like Christoph Waltz.

The 3 original members of The Shield are definitely on the up and up.

Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins are gonna be big time players for years to come.

If Rollins could learn to talk on the mic he would be main eventing for a long time bc of his blood line and his look.

Rollins is the best talker out of the three, he just so happens to be extremely young.

Apparently it came close, but Rollins took less money to go to WWE. Funny actually, I just listened to that interview this morning.

Yeah, they were hot after him from what I remember, but like you said he took less money and less "opportunity" (since the deal meant going directly to NXT/developmental) for greater potential with WWE. Smart choice on his part, honestly, but as a TNA fan I still want to see him in a TNA ring.

Yeah, they were hot after him from what I remember, but like you said he took less money and less "opportunity" (since the deal meant going directly to NXT/developmental) for greater potential with WWE. Smart choice on his part, honestly, but as a TNA fan I still want to see him in a TNA ring.

From what I heard in the interview he grew up as an ROH fan, and is the first ROH wrestler to be a fan of the product before joining the promotion - but he always saw ROH as a stepping stone to the WWE. TNA needs decent, young talent. The main issue is that the NXT product is as good, if not better than TNA and offers fans of the more indie-style wrestling the style they want.

It's actually quite amazing, it's probably not going to be Raw that pushes out the competitors this time around - because it's a completely different product. NXT however, it's playing on the same field, and in Florida nonetheless.

Yeah, no doubt. WWE is still the gold standard, and every competitor should want a shot there. Even TNA talents. I doubt many young guys are coming up thinking "man, I want to be in TNA so badly!" Not that I think the opposite is true either, which is what Dave Meltzer will try to get you to believe, that everyone thinks of it as a career-killing place. But no doubt, every talent has their eye on the top prize, which is the WWE.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...