• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

Oh, I like what they're doing. I hate how they're doing it. If that makes sense. It's the small things like the commentary I mentioned that keep me from, effectively, switching allegiances.

Yup, totally get it. Not trying to convince you otherwise. I just take the good with the bad. I actually love Corey Graves on commentary.

My buddy, who was a long-time WCW/TNA mark like me, is actually actively trying to recruit me. I think, honestly, when TNA goes off air, I'll just take a hiatus from wrestling for a while, then come back, probably through NXT's doors. I can't imgaine GFW ever actaully get off the ground, and Lucha Underground are apparently lucky to even have a second season (awesome as the first was).

ROH still looks like it's produced in a high school gym, or by the high school AV squad, which completley undercuts me being able to appreciate it. Can't think of anything else that's airing in the States beyond those.

NXT seems to be the place to be. I just don't know if I have the energy to get up for it yet.

My buddy, who was a long-time WCW/TNA mark like me, is actually actively trying to recruit me. I think, honestly, when TNA goes off air, I'll just take a hiatus from wrestling for a while, then come back, probably through NXT's doors. I can't imgaine GFW ever actaully get off the ground, and Lucha Underground are apparently lucky to even have a second season (awesome as the first was).

ROH still looks like it's produced in a high school gym, or by the high school AV squad, which completley undercuts me being able to appreciate it. Can't think of anything else that's airing in the States beyond those.

NXT seems to be the place to be. I just don't know if I have the energy to get up for it yet.

Word up. I know where you stand, and hopefully, one day, we can stand at an event together. Frankly, I just miss good wrestling.

• 2 months later...

AJ Styles, former IWGP Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson apparently headed to WWE, with AJ & Nakamura apparently bypassing NXT for the main roster.

AJ was turned on by Bullet Club in Japan yesterday and it looks like he's been given a direct line, whereas Gallows and Anderson seem to be joining the "Balor Club" in NXT.

Pretty massive news and a shakeup that has HHH all over it.

AJ Styles vs Seth Rollins/Joe

Nakamura vs Bryan/Owens

Sexy possibilities.

Awesome for AJ and Nakamura.

Apparently TNA, rebooting on Pop tonight, were negotiating with Anderson.

Excited to see how hard they reset tonight. Bennett and Kanellis are reportedly under contract. They were also after reDRagon again.

Awesome for AJ and Nakamura.

Apparently TNA, rebooting on Pop tonight, were negotiating with Anderson.

Excited to see how hard they reset tonight. Bennett and Kanellis are reportedly under contract. They were also after reDRagon again.

Hoping for good things from TNA, but my expectations are lower than dirt.

I can't keep up with Matt Hardy being in the title picture, and I've been burned by their restarts on several occasions.

My biggest concern with TNA is where their weekly schedule is in terms of shows. It's a mess right now and I'm not sure how it shakes out. I don't want to watch matches filmed in the fall of 2015.

ReDragon though, would be a MASSIVE grab. One of my favorite duos in the industry. As for Maria, meh. She's cute, I guess. A relic of Divas past.

Maria reinvented herself in ROH with Bennett. The duo will do well I think. A lot of folks believe her to be the real talent between them.

Apparently Storm may he on his way back to TNA too.

I've seen her live at ROH with Bennett and they definitely do have chemistry, but I'm not a big fan of either one. Think she got a lot of shine from her legacy, but I'm indifferent. The TNA Knockouts division suffered some losses recently so it's not a bad re-up.

As far as Storm, I hear he's doing the Bubba Ray think as a UFA - bouncing between the two. I really, really, hope he doesn't do the cult leader thing with a bunch of goofy characters. Be the southern BA you are.

Bennett's debut was sick. Storms return was also awesome. Otherwise felt like the same TNA from last year, for the most part. Still some workable pieces, but too much talking, not enough action.

I'm interested to see how they handle the taping a now, and what real stories come of EC3 re-winning his title.

Bennett can be something big for them though. That much I know. And I love that he called out Matt Hardy. Gives TNA an opportunity to now remove Matt from the title scene, and give him a meaningful top-end feud while EC3 probably moves directly onto Tryus, who is still technically the #1 contender.

Bennett's debut was sick. Storms return was also awesome. Otherwise felt like the same TNA from last year, for the most part. Still some workable pieces, but too much talking, not enough action.

I'm interested to see how they handle the taping a now, and what real stories come of EC3 re-winning his title.

Bennett can be something big for them though. That much I know. And I love that he called out Matt Hardy. Gives TNA an opportunity to now remove Matt from the title scene, and give him a meaningful top-end feud while EC3 probably moves directly onto Tryus, who is still technically the #1 contender.

I agree with everything you said. The two introductions felt fresh, but the rest felt really, really stale. They need to do something different, what's going on now isn't working - and still they seem to keep trying. Matt Hardy *needs* to be removed from anything close to the title scene, it brings down the prestige of the belt and the precieved value of the roster.

How do you look good losing, or even having a tough time beating a washed-up has been? It's not like he's The Rock, or Stone Cold who had giant names and have stayed fit. He can't rest on his legacy.

Matt has always been a solid working hand, and a great upper mid-carder. He just has a real ceiling that prevents anyone from taking him seriously beyond that.

He should be after the KOTM title, not the world title.

Matt has always been a solid working hand, and a great upper mid-carder. He just has a real ceiling that prevents anyone from taking him seriously beyond that.

He should be after the KOTM title, not the world title.

He always *had* a ceiling. That ceiling dropped significantly with age/shape. But yeah, maybe KTOM makes more sense.

Yeah, I read ahead.

Matt Hardy, again... ugh. I'm fine with EC3 losing. He needed to. But I hate that it was to Matt, and I hate that I have to deal with Matt and Tyrus now, just dragging this stupid feud along further than it's needed to go. It should have ended when EC3 beat Hardy last week. Let Hardy move on to work with Bennett, as they should have done, priming Bennett for a run at EC3 once EC3 turned face in some other fashion. Losing to Tyrus, for example.