• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

I actually think TNA is improving again. Slowly, so I can't blame anyone for not having the patience to sit through their entire program, but progressing nonetheless.

On a related note, that's the feeling I have watching RAW. Flipped it on two weeks ago because I had nothing else better to do and saw some rag tag bunch of scrubs led by that ginger reject from Nexus and thought in my head "never change, WWE". Watched for like thirty seconds, tops, and quit.

I actually think TNA is improving again. Slowly, so I can't blame anyone for not having the patience to sit through their entire program, but progressing nonetheless.

On a related note, that's the feeling I have watching RAW. Flipped it on two weeks ago because I had nothing else better to do and saw some rag tag bunch of scrubs led by that ginger reject from Nexus and thought in my head "never change, WWE". Watched for like thirty seconds, tops, and quit.

Yeah, Raw has been pretty attrocious recently, but that's what happens when about 50% of your top-talent are out. Not that the writing/format helps.

It's a talent thing for me. Beyond just bad booking/writing. I'm not at all entertained by any of the shit that came out of Nexus. Not one of them. They were a new era spirit squad to me. Just garbage. That whole angle, was WWE's Aces and Eights. Wonderful concept, executed poorly due to a massively underwhelming group of talent tasked to pull it off.

And when I casually watch WWE content, I feel like I'm still just watching more and more Nexus nonsense. Every time I hear about this new up and comer, I tune in, even if it's for a YouTube clip, and I always end up in the same spot, thinking to myself "this is the guy everyone is impressed with? Why?"

It's the land of scrubs to me who are only considered not to be because they fly under the WWE banner.

It's a talent thing for me. Beyond just bad booking/writing. I'm not at all entertained by any of the shit that came out of Nexus. Not one of them. They were a new era spirit squad to me. Just garbage. That whole angle, was WWE's Aces and Eights. Wonderful concept, executed poorly due to a massively underwhelming group of talent tasked to pull it off.

And when I casually watch WWE content, I feel like I'm still just watching more and more Nexus nonsense. Every time I hear about this new up and comer, I tune in, even if it's for a YouTube clip, and I always end up in the same spot, thinking to myself "this is the guy everyone is impressed with? Why?"

It's the land of scrubs to me who are only considered not to be because they fly under the WWE banner.

Well, there's like, what, 2 people still left from that who matter?

Define "matter". Barrett was one of them, and he's apparently leading that we hate social media group, or whatever their name is.

At least from what I saw in the few minutes I gave them.

Barrett is injured and is the mouthpiece for the League of Nations.

Heath Slater is the leader for the Social Outcasts, who are actually cool but are recently formed. He wasn't even remotely a factor for the past year.

Happy for AJ Styles. Hope he has better luck than every TNA star that jumped to WWE before him. I won't hold my breath.

I'm interested to see what happens with him and Samoa Joe. Honestly the roster right now has a lot of notable injuries and giving the TNA guys some looks with some of the guys that have emerged from NXT would be interesting.

WWE would be dumb not to tap into an existing partnership of two guys who work well together but I agree I'll hold my breath.

I'm interested to see what happens with him and Samoa Joe. Honestly the roster right now has a lot of notable injuries and giving the TNA guys some looks with some of the guys that have emerged from NXT would be interesting.

WWE would be dumb not to tap into an existing partnership of two guys who work well together but I agree I'll hold my breath.

I think Styles will get a good feud to begin with,maybe with Kevin Owens

Also, Austin Aries debuted in NXT

Joe is in NXT, isn't he? I think AJ Styles, from what I've been told, is the only active roster member right now.

Joe is in NXT, isn't he? I think AJ Styles, from what I've been told, is the only active roster member right now.

I'm making an assumption of him getting promoted.

He tweeted this last night.

@SamoaJoe:

The pieces are now all in proximity & on the correct playing surface. I warned you it was all changing, buckle up and get ready #2016

I'm making an assumption of him getting promoted.

He tweeted this last night.

@SamoaJoe:

The pieces are now all in proximity & on the correct playing surface. I warned you it was all changing, buckle up and get ready #2016

Think it's down the line. Probably Mania. Think Joe would've debuted in the Rumble if it was immediate.

• 2 weeks later...
In from WWE or retiring from wrestling completely?

I was always curious how he suffered his concussion in the first place?

Due to medical reasons, effective immediately, I am announcing my retirement. Tonight on Raw, I'll have a chance to elaborate. #gratitude

I'm assuming all together but could be a form of an angle. Doubt it though.