• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[Non-Forum Related] Fantasy Football

josh

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rebounding hard after 3 weeks of shitty performances, couldn't have come with better timing.

A Win might just clinch the Playoffs for me, as the only team that can catch me is curently losing. Hope that keeps up, course otherwise I have a direct match up with that one next week and I never win those games. :D

Secured 2nd place, don't even have to wait for MNF. :)

Never thought I had a chance this year, considering how much of a mess my Draft was. No time for planning at all and manually tracking time during the Draft due to me forgeting to set a Draft timer. Appearently I pick better, when I don't think about it. :D

Helps that I have a lot of Bengals and they're having a great season.

Made the playoffs as the 5 seed at 7-6 in both my money leagues. Only problem, I have to face Bress, Calvin, Julio in one league. And Brees, McCoy and Marshall in another. I'm screwed.

Last time I played both these teams on the same day, Brees lit up the Giants and my fantasy team for 50+ points. -_____-

Alright, so in two of three leagues I'm in, I'm in a "win and you're in" scenario. I'm sitting in 5th place with an identical record to the team in 4th, just less overall points. If I beat them, I'm in the playoffs. Needless to say, I'd really like to win these matchups.

These are both 0.5 PPR leagues.

League 1: Trying to figure out who to flex out of John Brown vs. MIN, Jeremy Langford vs. WAS, Ronnie Hillman vs. OAK and DeVante Parker vs. NYG. Only reason I'm not solid on John Brown is the fact that CJ Anderson may not play this week, and the Raiders have been handing out like 17 fantasy points a week to RBs lately. Gotta decide by tonight obviously if I'm going Brown or Hillman. Problem is I won't know about Hillman until Sunday probably.

League 2: RB2 option: Charles Sims vs. NO (like I said, 0.5 PPR), Ameer Abdullah @ STL, Tim Hightower @ TB.

And does Jeremy Maclin vs. SD belong in over Demaryius Thomas vs. OAK, Larry Fitzgerald vs. MIN or Martavis Bryant @ CIN?

Thanks folks. I'll return the favor if I can.

Alright, so in two of three leagues I'm in, I'm in a "win and you're in" scenario. I'm sitting in 5th place with an identical record to the team in 4th, just less overall points. If I beat them, I'm in the playoffs. Needless to say, I'd really like to win these matchups.

These are both 0.5 PPR leagues.

League 1: Trying to figure out who to flex out of John Brown vs. MIN, Jeremy Langford vs. WAS, Ronnie Hillman vs. OAK and DeVante Parker vs. NYG. Only reason I'm not solid on John Brown is the fact that CJ Anderson may not play this week, and the Raiders have been handing out like 17 fantasy points a week to RBs lately. Gotta decide by tonight obviously if I'm going Brown or Hillman. Problem is I won't know about Hillman until Sunday probably.

League 2: RB2 option: Charles Sims vs. NO (like I said, 0.5 PPR), Ameer Abdullah @ STL, Tim Hightower @ TB.

And does Jeremy Maclin vs. SD belong in over Demaryius Thomas vs. OAK, Larry Fitzgerald vs. MIN or Martavis Bryant @ CIN?

Thanks folks. I'll return the favor if I can.

No. You gotta play either Thomas or Fitzgerald, if not, both. And I like Abdullah there.

For the other one, I would go with Hillman.

My playoffs are week 15 and 16. I'm in even if I lose this week based on point total, unless some team puts up 300 this week. That being said, I'd love to just win and be locked in to 2nd and possibly 1st. Maclin has been red hot the last two weeks but only had 3 catches the last time he played San Diego. Do I start him in my flex or Yeldon, who exploded last week and has a way better matchup? I could also start Maclin over Landry, Tate or Amendola if I wanted to.

My playoffs are week 15 and 16. I'm in even if I lose this week based on point total, unless some team puts up 300 this week. That being said, I'd love to just win and be locked in to 2nd and possibly 1st. Maclin has been red hot the last two weeks but only had 3 catches the last time he played San Diego. Do I start him in my flex or Yeldon, who exploded last week and has a way better matchup? I could also start Maclin over Landry, Tate or Amendola if I wanted to.

I have Maclin in two leagues. I'd hate to steer you wrong here, but I'm benching him in both. I've regretted not starting him the past two weeks, but I know if I fall for it and start him this week he's gonna give me a dud. The only thing that might change my mind is if it's a PPR league, where he'll get points based on volume alone if he doesn't find the end zone. If you're really feeling ballsy I MIGHT consider starting him over Landry, who for some reason is listed as questionable and we don't really have any details. But he's got a cake matchup and will be looking to show up after last week's near goose-egg of a performance.

Alright, so here's the situation. After Denver's coach said that he expected CJ Anderson and Ronnie Hillman to BOTH be full participants in Friday's practice, I took Hillman out of the flex spot and put in John Brown. Not exactly a bad decision, as Brown got me 15.80 points which is good for a flex player. Problem is now the news comes out that Hillman IS starting.

So the question is: in a 0.5 PPR format, does Hillman vs. OAK (projected 13.33 points) belong in over any of these options?

Devonta Freeman @ CAR (projected 17.58 points)

Shaun Draughn @ CLE (projected 13.74 points)

Ryan Tannehill vs. NYG (projected 15.24 points)

The only one I'd really consider is Tannehill (we have a QB/WR/RB/TE flex spot), but two weeks ago I benched Fitzpatrick in favor of Jordan Reed based on matchups and Fitz went off for near 30 points. I'd have a playoff spot right now if I didn't get cute, so I'm scared of benching any of my QBs in a must-win week. Problem is Tannehill had a great matchup last week vs. Baltimore and only put up 7.54 points, so now I'm gun shy.

Any and all help appreciated folks!

My first round playoff opponent's (barring an unlikely slew of points tonight) roster:

Carson Palmer, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Sanders, Gurley, Lamar Miller, Jordan Reed, David Jones, Gano and the AZ defense. With Sanders not performing, he could insert LaFell or Snead.

The only plus is I snagged Edelman on waivers to stash him, and can insert him over Amendola to give me a true #1 WR.

:chug:

Made the playoffs as the 5 seed at 7-6 in both my money leagues. Only problem, I have to face Bress, Calvin, Julio in one league. And Brees, McCoy and Marshall in another. I'm screwed.

Last time I played both these teams on the same day, Brees lit up the Giants and my fantasy team for 50+ points. -_____-

Won against the team with Brees, Calvin and Julio. Got blown out by 40 by the other one. My cousin sat Brees to play Fitzpatrick to go with Marshall. Fitz-Marshall-Hurns destroyed me on their own. Lost 162-123

Moving on to the final 4 in the other league and have a favorable matchup coming up. Guy lost Dalton and his backup is Stafford.

Archived