• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

I'm not jumping down your throat. The only tweet I saw was from Greg (@BlueshirtsBreakaway) that said literally nothing other than "get angry with me for no reason."

I just looked at Ryan's feed — their other host — and I'm not seeing anything specific there, either.

I'm also not dismissing that they may know something. I'm dismissing the nature of the tweet because it was intentionally vague yet highly sensationalized to stoke baseless anger. It was literal click bait. "You'll never believe what I just heard (but I can't tell you)" type shit.

I'm sure they know something. They were with the Athletic for years, they know all the other writers and sources...i don't doubt that something was on the table.

I just don't see a point in basically throwing kerosene on fire about it.

I'm not talking about the guy who said it was the worst trade in 10 years, I'm talking about the other guy.

Excuse me for posting something beyond "let's sign Alex Ovechkin" posts. Like, c'mon already. Three people jumped down my throat about a tweet that wasn't even mine. Give me a break. It's a rumor. You can ignore it. I never said it was fact. They worked for the Athletic. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they know someone. Jesus.

sorry, wasnt coming after you. I just hate when those guys say shit, and it spreads like wild fire.

• Like 1

I'm sure they know something. They were with the Athletic for years, they know all the other writers and sources...i don't doubt that something was on the table.

Most of the leaks inside the Rangers system have been closed off for years. They'd have to get it from the other team - which, again, a long shot.

I'd rather believe Eklund, though.

*without offering who the fucking player was.

Again, "You'll never believe what I just heard but won't tell you!" click bait bullshit.

Yeah that would have been just fine. Horvat is a strong fit for what we need.

Center, decent size (6' 215), good faceoffs, 2-way guy, 50-60pt guy, will kill penalties, can line up with skill, Canadian, captain

Only issue is his name is "Bo"

*without offering who the fucking player was.

Again, "You'll never believe what I just heard but won't tell you!" click bait bullshit.

this.

So what's the definition of "on the table" if one team throws a completely ridiculous offer out and the other team pisses itself and discards it entirely never to be given another second of thought, does that count?

Curious because to me that's not on the table.

Obviously more of a general question.

Exactly. Horvat is unexpected, but totally in the realm.

I’m feeling supremely confident in Drurys abilities right now.

Same. Horvat + Goodrow is total identity line. Beast playoff duo, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same. Horvat + Goodrow is total identity line. Beast playoff duo, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hope this one doesn’t get a lot of backlash in Vancouver because I’d still like to see it happen.

Just as we said with Goodrow effecting Buch, this Buch deal will then effect Chytil. And that’s fascinating as well.

Exactly. Horvat is unexpected, but totally in the realm.

I’m feeling supremely confident in Drurys abilities right now.

Let's see him close some of these deals first, and things like term for Goodrow if he signs, no?

I'd like to believe he's going to do well too, but he's hardly gotten started so far.

I hope this one doesn’t get a lot of backlash in Vancouver because I’d still like to see it happen.

Just as we said with Goodrow effecting Buch, this Buch deal will then effect Chytil. And that’s fascinating as well.

Yeah, lots of dominoes.

Chytil to RW.

Chytil to RW.

Maybe, but you still run into the depth problem. Chytil, Kakko, Kravtsov, Goodrow all at RW. Goodrow is far from an 8 minutes a night guy. He just played like 19 for the Lightning in the playoffs.

Maybe, but you still run into the depth problem. Chytil, Kakko, Kravtsov, Goodrow all at RW. Goodrow is far from an 8 minutes a night guy. He just played like 19 for the Lightning in the playoffs.
Goodrow listed as LW everywhere I've looked and on Daily Faceoff.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/tampa-bay-lightning/line-combinations/

I'm thinking Kreider going to be asked to waive.

Ah, you're right. Coleman was on the right on that line. I had them flipped around.

Yeah, if Goodrow isn't at center, and you don't want to struggle to get him meaningful ice time, it's gonna be really hard to get him into the lineup without a trade at LW.

You think Buch would want to play in VAN? I don't. I can see him being pissed.

The blogger that supposedly heard of the proposal was the one that was pissed.

I don’t think Buchnevich wants to leave, but it’s business. And if his price is too high, I don’t care.

And if it’s Horvat for Buchnevich, not sure I care if he’s upset either