• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

The blogger that supposedly heard of the proposal was the one that was pissed.

I don’t think Buchnevich wants to leave, but it’s business. And if his price is too high, I don’t care.

And if it’s Horvat for Buchnevich, not sure I care if he’s upset either

Buch won't be pissed when they give him Horvats money. He wants to get paid.

The blogger that supposedly heard of the proposal was the one that was pissed.

I don’t think Buchnevich wants to leave, but it’s business. And if his price is too high, I don’t care.

And if it’s Horvat for Buchnevich, not sure I care if he’s upset either

Oh I misunderstood.

Yea Bo for Buch is a no brainer for us.

If you started with Horvat, Goodrow, Kreider and Trouba. Then Barron delivers the physicality he knows is needed. You've got Schneider coming and Cuylle (if there is any skill there at all) plus couple bargain basement Rooney types and there's grit to match the skill. Hope that deal has legs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If you started with Horvat, Goodrow, Kreider and Trouba. Then Barron delivers the physicality he knows is needed. You've got Schneider coming and Cuylle (if there is any skill there at all) plus couple bargain basement Rooney types and there's grit to match the skill. Hope that deal has legs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Horvat's not overly physical but yeah he adds another element and completely changes the dynamics of the team. Coupled with the other guys you mentioned, it's suddenly a harder team to play against. I'd still love to get a true bruiser in the mix as well but god damn that's a good start. Hope it happens.

Horvat's not overly physical but yeah he adds another element and completely changes the dynamics of the team. Coupled with the other guys you mentioned, it's suddenly a harder team to play against. I'd still love to get a true bruiser in the mix as well but god damn that's a good start. Hope it happens.

He certainly isn’t soft. Physical enough for a center. A guy that gets in lanes, always glued to other Cs. Still think he was one of the more physical players on a team/system that wasn’t physical

Honestly, a guy that could really breakout in a different system.

Years ago, I mentioned Miller moving into a shutdown C position like he played in the WJC, but we never saw. Horvat is a step up from that. And with more offensive wingers, he could even more.

Couple of NYR Twitter bloggers. Don't buy the hype until someone legitimate confirms it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shit, I’d take on one of their last season contracts with this. I love their depth players, even Virtanen not to mention Roussel, Beagle, Ferland. Or take on Eriksson or Holtby for a season (i think they both have 1 season left)

I haven't seen anywhere that Vancouver is even considering trading Horvat. Now even if they were they would get much more than Buch if they put him up for trade across the league. I have never listened to a blog in my life so I don't know who these guys are but this seems to be fantasy type shit. Horvat just happens to be the perfect player for this team and low and behold he's available and the price just so happens to be Buch? I know nobody is claiming this to be legit but this conversation is leaking into other threads here giving further credence to this rumor. Vancouver has rioted for less.

Shit, I’d take on one of their last season contracts with this. I love their depth players, even Virtanen not to mention Roussel, Beagle, Ferland. Or take on Eriksson or Holtby for a season (i think they both have 1 season left)

Virtanen has serious legal troubles ahead. They're not touching him with a fifty foot pole, but yeah, one of their expensive fourth liners would be fine.

I haven't seen anywhere that Vancouver is even considering trading Horvat. Now even if they were they would get much more than Buch if they put him up for trade across the league. I have never listened to a blog in my life so I don't know who these guys are but this seems to be fantasy type shit. Horvat just happens to be the perfect player for this team and low and behold he's available and the price just so happens to be Buch? I know nobody is claiming this to be legit but this conversation is leaking into other threads here giving further credence to this rumor. Vancouver has rioted for less.

It actually makes a good deal of sense as the core of a deal. Vancouver has terrible RW depth and decent center depth. They're in need of a retool. They have two monster contracts coming us (Petterson, Hughes) with not much cap space. We would take a depth player with Horvat (not that the salary is great but we could absolutely take Beagle or something for a year).

Horvat is a strong fit for what we need. Buchnevich is a strong fit for what they need. They're of near equal age and similarly productive enough.

I don't think this is fantasyland, but I don't think it's a 1-for-1 thing either.

It actually makes a good deal of sense as the core of a deal. Vancouver has terrible RW depth and decent center depth. They're in need of a retool. They have two monster contracts coming us (Petterson, Hughes) with not much cap space. We would take a depth player with Horvat (not that the salary is great but we could absolutely take Beagle or something for a year).

Horvat is a strong fit for what we need. Buchnevich is a strong fit for what they need. They're of near equal age and similarly productive enough.

I don't think this is fantasyland, but I don't think it's a 1-for-1 thing either.

Yeah, I don't see how it could be one for one either. Sweeten the pot with Georgiev/Holtby. Saves them a couple of million at backup G for a year.

Don't know what you do with Strome in this case. Trade or flex out to RW.

Yeah, I don't see how it could be one for one either. Sweeten the pot with Georgiev/Holtby. Saves them a couple of million at backup G for a year.

Don't know what you do with Strome in this case. Trade or flex out to RW.

Horvat slots in behind Strome, Chytil to RW.

Maybe get Strome off PP1 and get a lefty there in Horvat. Seems like his role is high slot.

Horvat-Goodrow in this scenario is probably a perfect start to an identity third line, but Horvat can play. Part of me thinks he could hang on the Panarin line and play a grittier game from the middle than Strome can.

For one year, sure. Long term? Can't afford Zib/Strome/Horvat
Yea that's all I'm worried about is next year. Let everyone's play dictate the year after.

If Strome throws up another 70 point season, I don't know how you walk away from that, but let the season play out.