• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

Josh also thought Andersson was better than Howden and didn't know why Howden was playing over Lee-Ass... So... Yea.

Andersson had 3 goals and 6 points in 23 games. Howden had 1 goal and 7 points in 42 games. Ice time about the same (Lias slightly less).

Define better, because it certainly ain't production. "Attitude". Ok. Anything else? Skating out to center ice on opening nights?

I could see that, but that makes it even more realistic that he knows which groups of players are being marketed. This idea that it is somehow ridiculous for Drury to have his finger on the pulse in terms of marketing is odd. It's one of his jobs, and it's the easiest one to provide feedback: "I'm good with that list of players being marketed." - 5 minute phone call. "I'm good with that design" - 10 minute presentation. He can spend the other 12 hours (probably) in his work day right now budgeting, crunching cap, talking to other GMs, rubbing elbows with Dolan and Slats, syncing up with Gallant, and anything else that won't ruin his summer Christmas here.

I bet it's more than that tbqh - remember that a GMs number 1 job is not player management - it's making sure there's an ass in every seat on every game day.

But yeah - the idea that Drury has no idea or doesn't concern himself with marketing is preposterous