• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dreger: League-Wide Interest in DeAngelo; Trade Likely a Matter of Days

Scott

I have 12 thousand posts here. I spend a lot of time here lol.

By the way, Brooks had an interview with ADA he published yesterday. In the interest of keeping the board in order, think it should be a new thread or just added here?

Someone posted it in here already. It's a few posts up, just no pull quotes.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Brooks)

Tony DeAngelo bares his soul in first comments since Rangers exile

Marc Staal is as well respected around the league as it gets. He was DeAngelo?s on-ice partner most of the past two seasons before the veteran was sent to Detroit this offseason. The pair developed a bond off the ice, as well.

?There has never been any indication at all that Tony has racist tendencies,? No. 18 told The Post. ?I hear these things about him, and it?s as if they?re talking about a different person. The guys here in Detroit, they?re all super-curious about him.

?I feel bad for him, to be honest. Whether it?s the junior stuff that warps into this, I don?t know. He?s a lightning rod, and yeah, he yells at coaches and referees and he has these moments where he goes overboard, but he?s a good teammate.

?Racist? I?m telling you, some of this stuff is just insane.?

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/ex-rangers-player-tony-deangelo-bares-soul-in-interview/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

Posting this part because maybe Detroit is a destination after all. Pretty good words from Staal.

IMO, that's a pretty nothing write up of an interview with ADA by Brooks. Absent are questions and ADA quotes about the warnings given by Quinn prior to the scratch. Absent are questions and quotes about how ADA responded to the scratch. Absent are questions and quotes about the ultimatum Gorton issued.

Did Brooks not ask these questions? Seems like this was written by a publicist not a reporter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

IMO, that's a pretty nothing write up of an interview with ADA by Brooks. Absent are questions and ADA quotes about the warnings given by Quinn prior to the scratch. Absent are questions and quotes about how ADA responded to the scratch. Absent are questions and quotes about the ultimatum Gorton issued.

Did Brooks not ask these questions? Seems like this was written by a publicist not a reporter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I’m assuming ADA said he will not discuss internal locker room stuff. Why would he? That’s not going to help much. He just says he’s to blame himself and sounds like he wants to just move on.

It's total damage control and PR sprint.

Tony isn't going to pull the victim card, but the Post will do it for him...

I posted my thoughts earlier, but pasting here...

So the funny thing about that article is that it's all about how Tony isn't a racist. But the team has already came out and supported Tony about that, and any incident with K'Andre, yet the article still says he's not in the NHL because people think he's racist...Actually he's not in the NHL because the Rangers had enough of his shit. If he wasn't disruptive to his own team, he'd still be playing for them. All it takes is for one team to want you.

Other highlights from that article were that the slur Tony used in Junior wasn't racist, but ethnic (Thanks for clarifying, Larry! But the point is, with Tony, he broke a rule and has no respect for authority), and a series of comments from Tony that start with "I, I, I, I, all I, I, what I, I..." and not one word I was looking for ... "sorry"... No apologies to my teammates for hurting the team with my behavior.

No remorse, hence no one taking a chance on him.

https://twitter.com/MrBooth_7/status/1356845120935522306

If you believe any of that is really DeAngelo on the other end, I've got some beachfront property to sell you in Kansas. The troll job was fantastic though.

Yeah, that exchange is fake. It also doesn't mean the person on the other end of it was the burner either. Screenshots can be photoshopped.

Yeah, that exchange is fake. It also doesn't mean the person on the other end of it was the burner either. Screenshots can be photoshopped.

So you think this guy went through more effort to have a fake conversation with fake screenshots, potentially with a different Twitter account, than a troll creating a new Twitter account and simply pretending to be DeAngelo?

Yeah, I don?t k ow about you, but the last time I ga e 5 million dollars a year to someone that was outburst away from goodbye was....wait never. No one do3s that unless there is a major disconnect between the person giving it and person deciding if he?s worth it.

This is why I think it was stupid to risk signing him if you are giving him one more strike. With someone of his alleged personality, and you are only giving him one more strike, it makes 0 sense. I know you would hope that he would grow up and not be a problem but still, if you are only giving him one more strike then how can you take that risk.

Isn't it obvious at this point, that they don't want to deal with being tied to a guy with such a low social credit score, particularly in the atmosphere immediately proceeding the event in Washington, and used his recent string of seemingly benign events to rid themselves of, what they viewed as, an appearance liabity?

IMO, this is mostly driven by the optics sorrounding employing a man like Tony Deangelo, in the current year.

• Like 1

Tony is great at hockey.

He just sucks as a human and got knocked out by our scrawny, shy, quiet goalie and got himself kicked off the team.

He sucks as a human? God forbid someone on your favorite hockey team should have opinions. I have to ask, do his opinions differ from yours?

He sucks as a human? God forbid someone on your favorite hockey team should have opinions. I have to ask, do his opinions differ from yours?
I have to ask, do you have similar opinions to his?

His political opinions are such a tired conversation. If you think ADA is a whiny bitch for constantly barking at refs, coaches, fans of the team, and putting his team in bad position, you must not like his politics.

He's an immature and disruptive player who has never gotten out of his own way.

You know who else I have difference of political opinion with? Strome. But he's not as asshole, whereas ADA is.

You're barking up the wrong tree, buddy. I think ADA is an asshole because he's shown to be one. I think he's an idiot for denying science and buying into election fraud. I don't want him on the team because he's disruptive.

This is why I think it was stupid to risk signing him if you are giving him one more strike. With someone of his alleged personality, and you are only giving him one more strike, it makes 0 sense. I know you would hope that he would grow up and not be a problem but still, if you are only giving him one more strike then how can you take that risk.

I think it's a weird, unique choice they had to make because of arbitration. If you're going to trade a potentially valuable, but risky asset, the last thing you want to do is publicly air the risky stuff, and we know they'd been trying to trade him for a while.

I guess the choice was "we can give him some term and hope it works out without airing the dirty laundry" or "we can torpedo his value in arbitration". They were kind of stuck.

They really had no choice but to sign him after they couldn't trade him over the summer, right?

There is always a choice. And if this guy was the cancer that they are now claiming him to be, why did they not only sign him, but give him two years? DeAngelo is a good hockey player, and the Rangers are a better team with him on the ice. As a Ranger fan, I'd like to see him on the ice, because I've seen the alternative. I'd also like to see fans at the games, and hear what they think. Management handled this poorly.

• Like 1

There is always a choice. And if this guy was the cancer that they are now claiming him to be, why did they not only sign him, but give him two years? DeAngelo is a good hockey player, and the Rangers are a better team with him on the ice. As a Ranger fan, I'd like to see him on the ice, because I've seen the alternative. I'd also like to see fans at the games, and hear what they think. Management handled this poorly.

No, there's not always a choice. What a cop out answer. The other choice was loose him for nothing.

We've been over this. The team gave him 2 years in a show of good faith and he promptly rewarded him by being a child again. Could take a penalty like an adult, and couldn't take a scratch like an adult.

You want to see him on the ice because you've see the alternative? What's that even mean? He was never part of the team's long term plans.

I also don't care what Joey Blueseats 412 thinks either. Completely irrelevant. You can see what they think on Twitter. Not many are thinking at all.

You know who handled this the most poorly of everyone involved, period? ADA.

Just out of curiosity, what alternative do you see?

I like the fact that he no longer playing for the team! How many goals did we give up since he stopped playing for us? We give up more in one game when he is on the ice.

As far as offence, we have enough forwards that should be putting pucks in the net, they just not getting their job done now.

I have to ask, do you have similar opinions to his?

His political opinions are such a tired conversation. If you think ADA is a whiny bitch for constantly barking at refs, coaches, fans of the team, and putting his team in bad position, you must not like his politics.

He's an immature and disruptive player who has never gotten out of his own way.

You know who else I have difference of political opinion with? Strome. But he's not as asshole, whereas ADA is.

You're barking up the wrong tree, buddy. I think ADA is an asshole because he's shown to be one. I think he's an idiot for denying science and buying into election fraud. I don't want him on the team because he's disruptive.

I like the fact that he has opinions, and isn't afraid to share them with the world. And that includes science and election fraud.

You believing he's an asshole? Fine, that's your right. But a lot of teammates seem to have liked him, as well as parents of kids who have actually met him.

Lot's of players bark at their coaches, refs and fans of the team, and it doesn't make them assholes. In fact, it usually makes them a player who wants to win. Having said that, how much of that has he actually done?

I want him on the team because he's disruptive. If any team in the league needs a disruptive force right now, it's the Rangers.

No, there's not always a choice. What a cop out answer. The other choice was loose him for nothing.

We've been over this. The team gave him 2 years in a show of good faith and he promptly rewarded him by being a child again. Could take a penalty like an adult, and couldn't take a scratch like an adult.

You want to see him on the ice because you've see the alternative? What's that even mean? He was never part of the team's long term plans.

I also don't care what Joey Blueseats 412 thinks either. Completely irrelevant. You can see what they think on Twitter. Not many are thinking at all.

You know who handled this the most poorly of everyone involved, period? ADA.

If he was such a bad person to have around, why didn't they just look the other way when his agent came calling?

I like the fact that he has opinions, and isn't afraid to share them with the world. And that includes science and election fraud.

You believing he's an asshole? Fine, that's your right. But a lot of teammates seem to have liked him, as well as parents of kids who have actually met him.

Lot's of players bark at their coaches, refs and fans of the team, and it doesn't make them assholes. In fact, it usually makes them a player who wants to win. Having said that, how much of that has he actually done?

I want him on the team because he's disruptive. If any team in the league needs a disruptive force right now, it's the Rangers.

There's a reason he's not on the team, and no one claimed him, and he hasn't been traded yet.

If you believe he's a victim and it's all a conspiracy against him because he's a Trump supporter, well that's in line with COVID denial and believing the election was stolen.

The last comment about wanting disruption in the locker room shows a lack of understanding about pro sports that I just can't even begin to explain.

But not worth going around in circles over. If ADA wasn't a Trumpet, I wonder how much support he'd be getting for getting himself kicked off the team... [emoji848]

If he was such a bad person to have around, why didn't they just look the other way when his agent came calling?
I don't have the time to explain the CBA, asset management, and the optics of turning Raanta and Stepan trade into net zero.

This should be obvious.