• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 NHL Entry Draft: Lafreniere SZN — 7:00 PM EST, NBCSN

Phil

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't decide if Lanny McDonald is going to...

1. Sit us down for stories about the war

2. Scheme to kill a hedgehog

3. Speak for the trees and confront the Onceler

Thought he was gonna tell his son, Commodus, that General Maximus was his true heir.

this is all the scouting report we need really. get in.

I just love that after all his time in the business, JD still has that level of drive and child-like excitement. When we win a Cup with the guys in the system right now, he'll be one of the biggest reasons why. I didn't get the hype, but I get it now. For the first time since pre-94 Neil Smith I feel like there's a plan.

Getting Lafreniere and Gorton basically sniping New Jersey and taking Schneider made for a great all around night. I'm hoping they can make a deal somehow and get into the second round, maybe make Strome a part of that. I don't know. It would have been nice to have at least one second round pick since this draft is quite deep.

Getting Lafreniere and Gorton basically sniping New Jersey and taking Schneider made for a great all around night. I'm hoping they can make a deal somehow and get into the second round, maybe make Strome a part of that. I don't know. It would have been nice to have at least one second round pick since this draft is quite deep.

I'm satisfied with what they got already. That move hopping in front of the Devils was great especially realizing that they most certainly seemed to be leaning towards taking a d-man.

I'm on the fence with Strome. I've always been a big fan of his and felt he didn't get the positive attention I think he's earned but I also don't want to go long-term with him. Ideally, I'd like them to be able to sign him for this upcoming year and then possibly trade him near the deadline. I don't necessarily feel the Rangers need to jump into the 2nd round here. They've already had a highly successful draft.

I'm satisfied with what they got already. That move hopping in front of the Devils was great especially realizing that they most certainly seemed to be leaning towards taking a d-man.

I'm on the fence with Strome. I've always been a big fan of his and felt he didn't get the positive attention I think he's earned but I also don't want to go long-term with him. Ideally, I'd like them to be able to sign him for this upcoming year and then possibly trade him near the deadline. I don't necessarily feel the Rangers need to jump into the 2nd round here. They've already had a highly successful draft.

I think that would probably be better. I do wish they had a second round pick, though, but yeah, it's pretty difficult to complain about where they are already have just one round. I was kind of hoping they would've taken a center with the second first rounder, but it's still hard to complain about getting a guy like Schneider, especially since he went maybe a bit lower than he was projected. Lafreniere sounded open to playing center in interviews. I don't know if they would actually do it, but it had to be on their mind if they didn't seem too worried about not drafting one with that other pick.

They still have plenty of picks left anyway, and there are centers to be had in the later rounds, so we'll see. I don't hate the pick by means, though. He was one of the last best available defenseman left in the first round and NJ was definitely going to take him after already drafting a winger and a center with their two other picks.

Fuck yea man. This is going to be so much fun the next few years.

I love having JD back

I'm really pumped for January 1st!! I almost shit my pants with the delay in front of selecting LaFreniere, but we got him!!!

Can't decide if Lanny McDonald is going to...

1. Sit us down for stories about the war

2. Scheme to kill a hedgehog

3. Speak for the trees and confront the Onceler

This was the post of the night!!! :rofl: