• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 NHL Entry Draft: Lafreniere SZN — 7:00 PM EST, NBCSN

Phil

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A goalie...

Now the annual goalie pick.

Dylan Garand, G, Kamloops....Ok...so I figure after we send Georgie packing, Tyler Wall comes up and this kid goes behind that???

Ahhh fuck it, I can't figure this shit out!!! I'm just here for the beer, dammit!!! :rofl:

• Like 1

after Michael Kay had Alexis on his show ,LaGreca pointed out how difficult it was for kakko to adjust from Russia,dumb ass doesn't even know his from Finland not Russia ,this guy covered some ranger games ,

Finland literally borders Russia, so it was probably just a gaffe. Regardless, I'm not sure it applies at all. Kakko's English was OK. Lafrenierre's is great. Culturally, there's no gulf there, either. Getting used to a much larger city, sure, but he should do fine.

Finland literally borders Russia, so it was probably just a gaffe. Regardless, I'm not sure it applies at all. Kakko's English was OK. Lafrenierre's is great. Culturally, there's no gulf there, either. Getting used to a much larger city, sure, but he should do fine.
I agree

I think there's a huge difference between the two, although its a big jump for any kid. Continent, language, rink size, style of play, season, etc. Junior hockey is much more similar to NA hockey than La Liiga.

At least Lafreniere can call his mom after a bad game, or visit them on a long weekend.

The Rangers have basically picked all late birthdays other than Laff. Laff is 19 and I think all the rest of their picks are basically 17 year olds that just turned 18 this summer. Maybe it's some type of philosophy having to do with the shutdown.

Correction, first 3 picks were not late birthdays, but the last 5 have all been born in June 2002 or later. Berard being one of the youngest players in the draft with a Sept 9 birthday. Maybe he can actually still grow an inch or two.