• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

ozzy not knocking he is.playing great for a rookie,Lindgren plays hard bigger than he actually is ,kind of like Callahan, but it well wear him down in the future

That's a good point, Lefty. It may wear him down, especially as hard as he plays the game. Conditioning is going to have to be a big fundamental with Lindgren. Thing is, when you have a partner that is solid, the weight of playing defense is distributed fairly evenly. Fox is going to be a good one, I think!

I watched these guys back together last night after they were separated for the Dallas game, and man...they just FIT! I like what I see from them and they're so young. Fox had a couple of bad games, but no one plays 82 great games...They're learning, and what's best is that they're learning to play as a unit of 2.

They don't get caught very often, and Valliquette stated the other night in the post game, that Lindgren is the "far & away" leading defenseman on the Rangers in cutting off cross passes on odd man rushes. I'm actually very high on these 2 guys.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ozzy not knocking he is.playing great for a rookie,Lindgren plays hard bigger than he actually is ,kind of like Callahan, but it well wear him down in the future

He will be tomorrow's Girardi/Staal, no doubt, but what can you do? Get rid of him at 21 because he's going to be spent at 30?

The only thing I can see from the cap is if we were to trade Smiths 4.35 mil. along with a pick as a salary dump would someone like Detroit who’s got a lot of cap next year and rebuilding, do it? And would 4.35 mil added to the 16.5 mil we have be enough to get things done for us?

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Don’t forget the cap could potentially go up a few million too. Not a guarantee but it can. I believe we are projected to have around 16.5m cap space next year according to puckpedia

Kreider 7 x 5

Lemieux 2 x 2

Fast 2.5 x 3

ADA 5 x 3

Strome. 6 x 4

If you tried and succeeded to get those contracts done for that range give or take is around 23m. If the cap goes up 2m then we have around 18.5m cap space. Take kreider out and it’s around 16m needed for the rest. You need around another 5m or so though because you’ll have to replace guys like mckegg and Haley.

Hajek, Andersson, and Kravtsov all have around 1m cap hit each so that comes into play too. If Georgiev doesn’t get traded he’s an RFA too. Two contracts need to be off this roster or Hanks lol.

The only thing I can see from the cap is if we were to trade Smiths 4.35 mil. along with a pick as a salary dump would someone like Detroit who?s got a lot of cap next year and rebuilding, do it? And would 4.35 mil added to the 16.5 mil we have be enough to get things done for us?

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm not sure why Det who already had Smith once in the past would take on his contract. Even if they have the space why waste it on a guy like him? I wouldn't if I were them that's for sure. Would love it if they would though.

Don?t forget the cap could potentially go up a few million too. Not a guarantee but it can. I believe we are projected to have around 16.5m cap space next year according to puckpedia

Kreider 7 x 5

Lemieux 2 x 2

Fast 2.5 x 3

ADA 5 x 3

Strome. 6 x 4

If you tried and succeeded to get those contracts done for that range give or take is around 23m. If the cap goes up 2m then we have around 18.5m cap space. Take kreider out and it?s around 16m needed for the rest. You need around another 5m or so though because you?ll have to replace guys like mckegg and Haley.

Hajek, Andersson, and Kravtsov all have around 1m cap hit each so that comes into play too. If Georgiev doesn?t get traded he?s an RFA too. Two contracts need to be off this roster or Hanks lol.

The people saying Henrik doesn't block anything need to read this. He's blocking players from contracts and playing time. That's just the unfortunate truth of it.

The people saying Henrik doesn't block anything need to read this. He's blocking players from contracts and playing time. That's just the unfortunate truth of it.

I?m not too worried about trying to keep the losing team together.

Lundqvist doesn?t prevent Lindgren or Chytil playing time or development.

Capwise, Skjei, Staal and Smith contracts are bigger issues, as they?re clearly inferior to alternative options.

I’m not too worried about trying to keep the losing team together.

Lundqvist doesn’t prevent Lindgren or Chytil playing time or development.

Capwise, Skjei, Staal and Smith contracts are bigger issues, as they’re clearly inferior to alternative options.

Whichever players they have to trade or won't be able to resign, because they don't have enough cap, are not the players making this a losing team. Kreider, Strome, DeAngelo, Lemieux, Fast, Georgiev. Those guys aren't the problem.

ThirtyONE said it best the other day when he said the players losing the team games are the ones who are only here because their contracts don't allow them to be moved. Hank, Staal, Smith. All blocking cap wise and, to some degree, player development wise.

Still would rather save money to spend when the time is right. After a terrible season isn't that.

Kreider coming back? Fast and Lemieux as a future part of the core? Big contracts for Strome and Deangelo based on a small sample size?

Maybe they're holding Gorton back, and based on the long history of buyouts, that's probably a good thing

Don’t forget the cap could potentially go up a few million too. Not a guarantee but it can. I believe we are projected to have around 16.5m cap space next year according to puckpedia

Kreider 7 x 5

Lemieux 2 x 2

Fast 2.5 x 3

ADA 5 x 3

Strome. 6 x 4

If you tried and succeeded to get those contracts done for that range give or take is around 23m. If the cap goes up 2m then we have around 18.5m cap space. Take kreider out and it’s around 16m needed for the rest. You need around another 5m or so though because you’ll have to replace guys like mckegg and Haley.

Hajek, Andersson, and Kravtsov all have around 1m cap hit each so that comes into play too. If Georgiev doesn’t get traded he’s an RFA too. Two contracts need to be off this roster or Hanks lol.

I put this together the other day, similar contract numbers too.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/304235&post_id=1270020

CapFriendly.com Armchair-GM User-Generated Roster

FORWARDS (13)

Right wing: Vitali Kravtsov ($925,000) - Kaapo Kakko ($925,000) - Jesse Puljuj?rvi ($1,260,000) - Jesper Fast ($2,600,000)

Centre: Mika Zibanejad ($5,350,000) - Ryan Strome ($5,500,000) - Filip Chytil ($894,166) - Brett Howden ($863,333)

Left wing: Chris Kreider ($6,235,000) - Artemi Panarin ($11,642,857) - Ryan Poehling ($925,000) - Brendan Lemieux ($2,800,000) - Ostap Safin ($775,000)

DEFENSE (7)

Right: Jacob Trouba ($8,000,000) - Anthony Deangelo ($4,500,000) - Adam Fox ($925,000)

Left: Ryan Lindgren ($925,000) - Yegor Rykov ($925,000) - Libor H?jek ($833,333) - Marc Staal ($5,700,000)

GOALTENDER (2)

Henrik Lundqvist ($8,500,000) - Igor Shesterkin ($925,000)

BUYOUTS (5)

Kevin Shattenkirk ($6,083,333) - Dan Girardi ($1,111,111) - Ryan Spooner ($300,000) - Brad Richards ($0) - Brendan Smith ($2,783,333)

DETAILS

Roster Size: 22

Salary Cap: $83,500,000

Cap Hit: $82,206,466

Cap Space: $1,293,534

• Like 1

I put this together the other day, similar contract numbers too.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/304235&post_id=1270020

CapFriendly.com Armchair-GM User-Generated Roster

FORWARDS (13)

Right wing: Vitali Kravtsov ($925,000) - Kaapo Kakko ($925,000) - Jesse Puljuj?rvi ($1,260,000) - Jesper Fast ($2,600,000)

Centre: Mika Zibanejad ($5,350,000) - Ryan Strome ($5,500,000) - Filip Chytil ($894,166) - Brett Howden ($863,333)

Left wing: Chris Kreider ($6,235,000) - Artemi Panarin ($11,642,857) - Ryan Poehling ($925,000) - Brendan Lemieux ($2,800,000) - Ostap Safin ($775,000)

DEFENSE (7)

Right: Jacob Trouba ($8,000,000) - Anthony Deangelo ($4,500,000) - Adam Fox ($925,000)

Left: Ryan Lindgren ($925,000) - Yegor Rykov ($925,000) - Libor H?jek ($833,333) - Marc Staal ($5,700,000)

GOALTENDER (2)

Henrik Lundqvist ($8,500,000) - Igor Shesterkin ($925,000)

BUYOUTS (5)

Kevin Shattenkirk ($6,083,333) - Dan Girardi ($1,111,111) - Ryan Spooner ($300,000) - Brad Richards ($0) - Brendan Smith ($2,783,333)

DETAILS

Roster Size: 22

Salary Cap: $83,500,000

Cap Hit: $82,206,466

Cap Space: $1,293,534

Would we need to buy out Smith as opposed to burying him in the A?

Pierre LeBrun said on Trade Bait program Gorton and Kreider's agent are to speak for the first time in the next few days. This is about exactly when the first conversation with Hayes's agent took place last year. Nothing came of that, of course.

Chances Kreider would re-sign for a team friendly deal for 1 year b/c of the cap situation the Rangers are in for next season, and then extend him Jan. 1st to the 5-6-7 year deal he/NYR could agree on? Slim to none?

I'd imagine his agent would have a major problem with that...and probably the NHLPA as well. What if he got hurt?