• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

Would you pay $1m more per year if he accepted a trade and returned in the offseason?

Assuming the haul was good definitely yes. Could open so many other options if it were a younger, more talented version of some of our other guys like a Buch

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested to know how many goals were scored because he was the screen in front. How much is that worth compared to a say a second assist? I guess it's in the "intangibles" category.

Kreider goes through stretches where he'd rather not screen but rather be offset looking to tip or look for the rebound. There's probably kids or up-and-comers more willing to take the punishment and be the screen... but be less adept at tips or scoring off the rebound. In the eyes of the beholder what the net result is.

Retweeted

Ricky Milliner

@Milliner06

?

2h

#NYR have 2 scouts this afternoon in Allentown checking out the Flyers & Capitals prospects.

Quote Tweet

Tony Androckitis

@TonyAndrock

? 2h

Scouts galore here today for #LVPhantoms (PHI) vs. Hershey (WSH):

VPhantoms (PHI) vs. Hershey (WSH):

NJD, NYRx2, WPG, MTL, OTT, PIT & ANA

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Could be Philly that we?re scouting, just that Philly happens to be playing Washington. Maybe AV wants to reunite Kreider and Hayes.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

They had 2 scouts at Capitals AHL game aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That's what I thought. I know football players have done this. So I'm wondering why not a 1 year team friendly deal, with a good faith promise of a 5-6 year extension on Jan 1. Kreider can purchase a 6 month insurance policy in case the worst happens. With more cap space, you can even up the AAV a bit on the extension to A) cover the cost of the insurance Kreider would have to pay to do this for the Rangers, and B) consider it a bonus for doing it.

For 20-21: 6 X 1

Jan 1st: 7.5 X 5

That's a combined 6 years for 43.5M (7.25M AAV).

Rangers get a team friendly deal in the year they need it before they have a lot more cap space to work with. Kreider gets as much, and possibly more, than he could get otherwise.

I'm not opposed, but at the end of the day, why do we need that right now? We're far from the playoffs; he can come back on July 1 and we can get the prospect/pick for it.

As an aside, Kreider strikes me as a guy who is going to have a damn long career in hockey. He's got a presence about him that just radiates knowledge of the game in a much deeper way than the average player. If I'm JG, I'm pitching him on coming back on July 1 with a career plan, not just a contract.

I'm not opposed, but at the end of the day, why do we need that right now? We're far from the playoffs; he can come back on July 1 and we can get the prospect/pick for it.

As an aside, Kreider strikes me as a guy who is going to have a damn long career in hockey. He's got a presence about him that just radiates knowledge of the game in a much deeper way than the average player. If I'm JG, I'm pitching him on coming back on July 1 with a career plan, not just a contract.

Why not both? Trade and re-sign in that fashion.