• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

How long have you played for them? Are the guys in the room upset with you when you voice opinions like that?

Alright, I get it, I use ''we'' a lot when I describe my favorite teams. lol I don't gotta be hammered for it every time I mention it. I can't be the only one who uses that term when describing their team.. But it's all good. I'm nowhere near good enough to play for them, but that would be awesome.

Alright, I get it, I use ''we'' a lot when I describe my favorite teams. lol I don't gotta be hammered for it every time I mention it. I can't be the only one who uses that term when describing their team.. But it's all good. I'm nowhere near good enough to play for them, but that would be awesome.

I sometimes do, but it's more of a slip. When the game is going on and I'm watching, I use 1st person all the time. When I'm speaking objectively about things the Rangers are doing, then I tend to just use the 3rd person pronoun.

Did you go to Ohio State?

No, I wish I did though. I have just been a fan of them since I was a little kid. Always have been, always will be.

I sometimes do, but it's more of a slip. When the game is going on and I'm watching, I use 1st person all the time. When I'm speaking objectively about things the Rangers are doing, then I tend to just use the 3rd person pronoun.

It's just a habit, it's not like I do it on purpose. Idk, just something i've always done.

I say "we" a lot when I talk about my favorite teams as well.

Saying it in some circumstances is fine, but others will get people annoyed pretty easily. I'm sure no one will get on someone for saying "..but I really think we should try and get a depth center who can win some faceoffs" in the middle of a post, but if you say something like "Yea we are the best!! The haters can't stop us!!" then people are going to take exception

I'm guilty of 'we' when talking about the Rangers. It's a habit. It's not going to change.

http://cdn.papermag.com/uploaded_images/24216673_dealwithit_gif.gif

It's more convenient than saying 'the Rangers' or 'this team' every time you are referencing them.

I just say they.

Saying it in some circumstances is fine, but others will get people annoyed pretty easily. I'm sure no one will get on someone for saying "..but I really think we should try and get a depth center who can win some faceoffs" in the middle of a post, but if you say something like "Yea we are the best!! The haters can't stop us!!" then people are going to take exception

I usually use it when talking about ways the team needs to improve, or what should be done in games, its just a habit.