• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

I hate that I can't sit in a public place in New York City without being talked to. I commute with my brother so I have to kill two hours while I wait for him to get out. I usually just stay in my office and do work but today I had a headache so I went outside to a park near me. People just won't leave you alone about this charity or that charity or this petition. So I left and went to Grand Central and found a seat in the food area and some guy came up and wanted to just talk and make chit chat.

That's an easy out, I've always found. You can be an asshole and tell them to fuck off, or you can be polite and just say something like "Listen, I'm not trying to be a dick, and it was nice of you to talk to me and all, but I'd rather be alone right now if you don't mind".

I hate that I can't sit in a public place in New York City without being talked to. I commute with my brother so I have to kill two hours while I wait for him to get out. I usually just stay in my office and do work but today I had a headache so I went outside to a park near me. People just won't leave you alone about this charity or that charity or this petition. So I left and went to Grand Central and found a seat in the food area and some guy came up and wanted to just talk and make chit chat.

Sorry, I just wanted to talk.

Yesterday while I was in my front yard with my wife and kids, a guy In his 50s stops his car in front, rolls down his window, and snaps a picture of my house, rolls up the window and drives away. WTF is that? Cant stop thinking about it.

I want to be nice but I don't think I can anymore. I got stuck talking to this one guy about this charity for a good 30 minutes about how I can live without $0.50 a day so why wouldn't I help a starving child. I'm a sucker and I look like a sucker.

Just ask like you can't speak/understand english. Try to look as confused as possible.

I'm nervous. Like, Rangers are in the playoffs nervous. Grace is racing a big regatta in Canada (Canadian Henley in St. Catherine's, Ontario) this week and has her first legitimate shot at a major final in a single (she usually races team boats). Damn, time goes slow and to think I'll just have to hit F5 for a few minutes later int he day (race is at 2PM your time) and to see those digits appear and hope hers is fast enough.

It's tough being far away from an event this big. I can deal with it much better being in the stands.

I'm nervous. Like, Rangers are in the playoffs nervous. Grace is racing a big regatta in Canada (Canadian Henley in St. Catherine's, Ontario) this week and has her first legitimate shot at a major final in a single (she usually races team boats). Damn, time goes slow and to think I'll just have to hit F5 for a few minutes later int he day (race is at 2PM your time) and to see those digits appear and hope hers is fast enough.

It's tough being far away from an event this big. I can deal with it much better being in the stands.

As a follow up to this... she actually won the semi final. Holy fuck, this is awesome.

There were three semis, top 2 from each advances to a final of six, which will be held tomorrow afternoon. Grace rowed the second fastest time of all 18 competitors across the three and that one girl who was faster is a teammate, who was in a tighter finish, which suggests that Grace could conserve some energy and not show her cards at full sprint yet to qualify. Second best time gives her a priority lane, so that's pretty neat as well.

All in all, she has a good shot at gold now that this is over. Semis are usually the scariest, because several competitors have nothing to lose once they are out of the heats.

and my computer battery is dead. Whole thing shuts off when unplugged from the charger. Shouldnt be too hard to find a battery for a 3 year old laptop, right?

Nope, just google the model of your machine or the model of the battery.

From another machine, of course. :rofl:

Grace took third in the single scull final today, qualified for the double's final as the fastest boat and easily peddled to a spot in the semis with the four.

Not a bad day. I was nervous as hell for it though, my goodness, it sucks not being to watch the race from the shore.

Nope, just google the model of your machine or the model of the battery.

From another machine, of course. :rofl:

yeah I found it and ordered it, but I just remembered that I shouldve tried my original battery (this is the spare but is bigger so I never use the smaller one) before ordering to see if it was actually the battery problem. If the spare doesnt work either I'm kinda fucked