• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

This has nothing to do with a political agenda, Greg. You use the term "Nazi" freely because you, as an American, born well after the effects and trauma of Nazism and Nationalist Germany/Europe have no real understanding of what life was like during the era (outside of what you read or see in documentaries) nor do you have any idea of what that term really means to the people who's families directly lived through it.

You obviously struck a nerve with a European member here who's personal history with Nazism isn't funny.

Instead of sitting back and trying to make yourself out to be an innocent victim here, try to understand things from beyond your own point of view for once and realize the weight of what you are actually writing before you click the submit button.

I let people get away with a lot here, because frankly we're all adults and adults should be able to talk as such, but if you were in a European bar room and called some guy a Nazi because of how he reacted to something else you said, you'd probably get knocked out for it and left in an alley to wake up the next morning with a purple grapefruit where your eye socket used to be.

So again, just to reiterate, read what you write before you actually post it. Shooting from the hip can be a very endearing quality, but not when it often comes at your own expense. That's borderline masochism.

Guess I should pull my notice of intent out for the holocaust class I plan on teaching at a middle school in the spring cause of my insensitivity.

I didn't even use the word "Nazi". Fact is, if anyone says what I said, it's a harmless joke. Maybe a "not cool man" thrown in. But no, I said it and it becomes a hateful personal attack meant to insult and sadden.

I think I'm the only person in my entire generation who never quite found Friends terribly entertaining.

You're not the only one. I actually know a number from our generation who really don't care for it. I'm not one of them, unfortunately. IMO it was top-5 in best sitcoms of all-time. Bias speaking, of course.

Guess I should pull my notice of intent out for the holocaust class I plan on teaching at a middle school in the spring cause of my insensitivity.

I didn't even use the word "Nazi". Fact is, if anyone says what I said, it's a harmless joke. Maybe a "not cool man" thrown in. But no, I said it and it becomes a hateful personal attack meant to insult and sadden.

I'll take this to PM. This type of thing doesn't belong being talked about like this in public.

And on a lighter note, Friends is apparently now running reruns on Nick at Nite... which officially makes me "old".

The bright side? It's a marathon night.

I miss old shows. I was watching Frasier the other day and felt weird. My son enjoyed it too and said that he'd take shows like that over shows that are currently aired.

Friends was a good show though.

how the hell did viacom get the rights to Friends? but good to know. Hmmm...Friends or Ferguson in 20 minutes...

as for marathons, I watched way too much Star Wars today

I stopped after Episode III. I like them, but can't watch them all over one day. They should have included TPM instead of AotC.

I understand they were going in chronological order, but I hate the boring Anakin and Padme romance scenes.

I stopped after Episode III. I like them, but can't watch them all over one day. They should have included TPM instead of AotC.

I never even consciously watched Episode III. I to III are such disappointing and bad movies, it's just a terrible trilogy and not even close to being as great as IV to VI.

I never even consciously watched Episode III. I to III are such disappointing and bad movies, it's just a terrible trilogy and not even close to being as great as IV to VI.

Episode I had poor acting with Jake Lloyd and a terrible character with Jar Jar Binks. Darth Maul was cool, as was Qui-Gon Jin.

Episode II was just terrible overall. The only good scene was the Geonosis Battle. The Padme/Anakin romance was boring.

Episode III was just predictable and weird. How does Obi-Wan kill Grievous that easily and how does he survive an epic fall? The youngling scene was just sad.

III is the best of the prequels, but that doesnt say much. At least the story in it makes sense. The script is just a complete and total disaster. Everything said by every character in the Mustafar scenes is just middle-school level screenplay

Some snippets.

"You were the chosen one."

"You were meant to destroy the Sith not join them."

"I loved you!"

"I hate you."

"I have the high ground."

Amazing.