• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

No, Greg, I am a European who's family and friends' family have experienced tragical events at the hands of men you just compared me to.

You might want to let that go through your mind a couple of times and respond appropriately the next time, both publicly and in PMs that follow.

• Like 2

No, Greg, I am a European who's family and friends' family have experienced tragical events at the hands of men you just compared me to.

You might want to let that go through your mind a couple of times and respond appropriately the next time, both publicly and in PMs that follow.

It's a forum Jules. If you took that to heart, then Jesus Christ, there isn't anything I can do about it.

It's a forum Jules. If you took that to heart, then Jesus Christ, there isn't anything I can do about it.

I'm all for free speech, but dude...no. That's essentially the American equivalent of being called a terrorist, except it's around 300x worse because Europe had endured endless nationalistic strife.

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with a political agenda, Greg. You use the term "Nazi" freely because you, as an American, born well after the effects and trauma of Nazism and Nationalist Germany/Europe have no real understanding of what life was like during the era (outside of what you read or see in documentaries) nor do you have any idea of what that term really means to the people who's families directly lived through it.

You obviously struck a nerve with a European member here who's personal history with Nazism isn't funny.

Instead of sitting back and trying to make yourself out to be an innocent victim here, try to understand things from beyond your own point of view for once and realize the weight of what you are actually writing before you click the submit button.

I let people get away with a lot here, because frankly we're all adults and adults should be able to talk as such, but if you were in a European bar room and called some guy a Nazi because of how he reacted to something else you said, you'd probably get knocked out for it and left in an alley to wake up the next morning with a purple grapefruit where your eye socket used to be.

So again, just to reiterate, read what you write before you actually post it. Shooting from the hip can be a very endearing quality, but not when it often comes at your own expense. That's borderline masochism.

• Like 1