• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Forum Access and Usability Issues

Phil

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

This is a cloud-wide issue. They've issued a patch that I'll need to run later tonight to fix it.

So I didn't have access to new posts during the outage, will a be able to access the forum while the patch runs?

That patch has been applied and all system caches have been cleared. Search/Activity/Unread Content are all fully functional for me this morning, but please refresh your browser before you try to use it again. You may need to clear our your local cookies, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to disable or hide the 'Popular Now' section from the tab? Just feels like it takes up too much valuable screen real estate from actually scrolling through the main page and being able to see at a glance the threads with the most recent activity.

There is, yeah. I was testing it out to see how well it performed. I like it a lot on desktop, but it eats up way too much real estate on mobile, so I'm just going to disable it, or move it to the right rail so it'll populate lower on mobile. Thanks for reminding me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 6:43 PM, josh said:

Is there a way to “copy” a quoted post (to post in a different thread) on an iPhone?

No I don't believe so.  I'm on 3 different boards that use this platform and I have ever been able to figure it out.  Best bet in that situation is to make a quote box in the thread you wanted to paste it to.  Paste the quote in the quote box and maybe leave a link to the posted post if you want it to be linked.

• Like 1

There isn’t. You need to link directly to the post, for good reason. This prevents potential abuse where trolls might screw around with thread hierarchies just to confuse everyone.

To link directly: tap the three dots in the upper right corner. Select share. Copy the URL and paste into new thread. Wait a second and it’ll auto populate with formatting.

Example of how it will format:

• Thanks 1
  • VINNY! 1

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I was unable to access the website for about 6-10 seconds just now.  This is unacceptable

This community is temporarily unavailable

Please wait a few minutes and try again.

any idea if Josh was able to access the Hot Chicks Thread?

• LOL 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, David Klein said:

Hi whatever happened to the app?

The forum transitioned over from the vbulletin platform to Invision because it's a huge upgrade in features and usability. 

Downside is there's no app, but mobile web version is so good that an app is not really necessary.