• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Forum Access and Usability Issues

Phil

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Recently I've had to log in every time I open this site on my phone (using Safari with iPhone). Never had the problem before and I even mark the "Keep me logged in" every time I log in. Anyone else had the same problem? Could it be something with the caches on my phone?

Are you stuck in private browsing?

33 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Where is this option on desktop?

jDN1jzM.png

We installed a third-party skin for Dark Mode — weird, that it's not respecting the site's Editor.

If you go to another theme — either Home or Road — do you still not see it?

Spoiler

Yeah, it's there for Default and Home Blue. 

HRhKXMd.png

@Phil Not the same order as the mobile site, but that's hardly an issue. 

Going back to josh's question about code - is it possible to use something like markdown or BBCode in the event the themes don't display the correct options?

Edited by phillyb

1 hour ago, phillyb said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Phil Not the same order as the mobile site, but that's hardly an issue. 

Going back to josh's question about code - is it possible to use something like markdown or BBCode in the event the themes don't display the correct options?

Nope. Don't exist on this platform.

What I can do is re-address the actual Editor across the three layouts Invision builds — large (desktop), medium (tablet) and small (mobile) to make sure that the most important functions are visible across all three. The issue is always mobile, because it's such limited space, but if you guys are using a lot of these features, and need them there, I'll just add them. The Editor height will grow, so there's less space for the content field, but that's not a big deal.

• Applause 1

19 hours ago, Phil said:

Nope. Don't exist on this platform.

What I can do is re-address the actual Editor across the three layouts Invision builds — large (desktop), medium (tablet) and small (mobile) to make sure that the most important functions are visible across all three. The issue is always mobile, because it's such limited space, but if you guys are using a lot of these features, and need them there, I'll just add them. The Editor height will grow, so there's less space for the content field, but that's not a big deal.

Okay, these should be mostly aligned across all three sizes. Let me know if you think anything is still missing.

Can we simplify the GDT titles next season? Can it just say Rangers at Tampa game 3? The whole (2M) and (3A) are just unnecessary numbers in the thread title. The only number that matters is the game number, at this point it doesn't matter what the seeding was... Certainly not important enough to be in the thread title. 

Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Pete said:

Can we simplify the GDT titles next season? Can it just say Rangers at Tampa game 3? The whole (2M) and (3A) are just unnecessary numbers in the thread title. The only number that matters is the game number, at this point it doesn't matter what the seeding was... Certainly not important enough to be in the thread title. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Sure. It only really matters in the first round, really, but not even then, at least not in the title.

51 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Cosign. 

GDT Game 3 ECF: NYR vs. TBL - Whatever dumb shit mods want to add. 

ECF doesn’t even need to be in there. 

Yes it does, so we have a decent record of it and can differentiate against other GDTs. It also helps if we need to look back a year later at what we did the previous season without having to scroll through dozens of random games, not being able to tell the difference between them worth a shit.

• TroCheckmark 1

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Sure. It only really matters in the first round, really, but not even then, at least not in the title.

Thanks, it helps when you're scrolling through to only have one number in there for easy scanning. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, this shouldn't actually affect us, because we upgraded to 4.7.0, but Invision just sent out a notice about partial outages. So it's possible we're still being slightly affected.

Check back in a couple of hours. If it's still doing it, let me know and I'll bring it to their attention, as we're completely cloud-based, so any issues will be on their end.

• Thanks 1