• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Forum Access and Usability Issues

Phil

Just now, Phil said:

A bit? You copy and paste a link, lol. It's a billion times easier!

Yeah, alright, it's easy as hell. lol also like how you can click and auto load new replies to a thread you're currently viewing. It was really nice during the gameday thread last night, instead of just having to click refresh a million times.

Is there a trick to posting a photo you upload? 

I dont have the link anymore but I uploaded to imgur the other day and tried to post it here and it wouldnt show up as anything but a link. when I hit the "insert image from URL" button it just wouldnt insert the pic.

Ive coped links to pics from random sites and posted and it works. 

48 minutes ago, siddious said:

Is there a trick to posting a photo you upload? 

I dont have the link anymore but I uploaded to imgur the other day and tried to post it here and it wouldnt show up as anything but a link. when I hit the "insert image from URL" button it just wouldnt insert the pic.

Ive coped links to pics from random sites and posted and it works. 

No trick, no. Direct link posted as hyperlink should automatically format as an image.

I haven't really tested all the popular image-hosting sites. My guess is a few of them put protections in against hot-linking like this, but yeah, you should literally be able to copy the image link itself and paste it and INV will just automatically embed it.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

I haven't really tested all the popular image-hosting sites. My guess is a few of them put protections in against hot-linking like this, but yeah, you should literally be able to copy the image link itself and paste it and INV will just automatically embed it.

was also doing it from my phone which made it harder since theres no "copy image address" option on chrome or safari. 

32 minutes ago, siddious said:

was also doing it from my phone which made it harder since theres no "copy image address" option on chrome or safari. 

Long press on the image, copy. I use imgur all the time and should be able to help out there. 

2 hours ago, josh said:

I dont have paste as plain text as an option, nor can I correct paragraph spacing.

Paste as plain text should show up as a small pop up within the post section when you paste something that has rich formatting in. It looks like this:

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 3.18.30 PM.png

As to paragraph spacing, just hold shift when you hit enter to do a simple line return. Enter on its own still start a new paragraph.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Phil said:

We use the embedded Twitter set that's built into the INV software. Should be no reason they don't function. 🤠

I would hard-restart your browser and/or computer.

Its a shared work computer.  I restart it every time I sit down at the beginning of my shift.  But that cowboy one worked so idk wtf is going on