• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Panthers — Eastern Conference Final General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

24 minutes ago, siddious said:

Bobs such an enigma though you never know when he’s gonna be the best player ever or a shit show

advanced stats are for nerds 

-Wayne gretzky

fuck em we will win

Tell these so called experts who dislike, dismiss, or hate the Rangers for whatever reason tell them you talk the talk do you walk the walk? LGR!!

2 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Tell these so called experts who dislike, dismiss, or hate the Rangers for whatever reason tell them you talk the talk do you walk the walk? LGR!!

They’ve hated us all playoffs  season long. 

sometimes you’re just good and win. 

• Like 1
  • Believe 1

5 minutes ago, siddious said:

They’ve hated us all playoffs  season long. 

sometimes you’re just good and win. 

I saw NHL network broadcasters are saying how good Florida is and the rangers need to find the openings and they could have a shot …..they said have a chance if the following happens… blah blah blah…I like what they are saying …will see ya Wednesday….

LGR 

• Like 1

First time playing a real quality goaltender in the playoffs, similar to 2022. I think Igor is up to the task going against Bob. Rangers have home ice, but Florida has a great road record. Actually, it may not have a huge impact in the grand scheme of things. Should be a knock out, drag 'em out series. The vibes and magic with this Rangers team has been palpable all season.

• Believe 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VegasRanger said:

Even if the Rangers win the cup, we'd still probably only have 35% to win

Even if the rangers win the finals, there’s only 35% chance the NHL will present them the cup

Edited by Albatrosss
  • LMFAO 2
  • Cheers 2

Florida and the Rangers both won’t be intimidated by anything in this series. The Rangers by their physicality, experience and goaltending. The Panthers by the Rangers speed, special teams and experience. Florida also won’t care that they will have essentially no home games in this series. Nothing is going to phase us, nothing is going to phase them. Not MSG. We’re gonna have to come out flying right from the jump in Game 1 and put some doubt in this teams head.

• Believe 1

7 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Florida and the Rangers both won’t be intimidated by anything in this series. The Rangers by their physicality, experience and goaltending. The Panthers by the Rangers speed, special teams and experience. Florida also won’t care that they will have essentially no home games in this series. Nothing is going to phase us, nothing is going to phase them. Not MSG. We’re gonna have to come out flying right from the jump in Game 1 and put some doubt in this teams head.

But...Rempe....

Both teams have been on the cusp in recent time and haven't been able to seal the deal. Which adversity serves better? An SCF loss or an embarrassing Round 1 upset to a rival after and ECF appearance? This is going to be a series!

7 hours ago, Sod16 said:

I wonder what FLA is doing to keep Rangers fans out.  There are enough of them with FLA zip codes to fill half the arena.

They can't do anything, too many NYers down there.  My brother has Game 6 tixs.....I hope he doesnt have to use.  Got me a ticket but can't make it if their is a Game 6....I'll be at Game 1 and 2.  

One advantage the Rangers will have is playing at MSG South, home crowd shouldnt be an issue since it may as well be 50/50 Rangers/Panthers fans down there while at MSG it'll be 99% Rangers fans.  

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

They can't do anything, too many NYers down there.  My brother has Game 6 tixs.....I hope he doesnt have to use.  Got me a ticket but can't make it if their is a Game 6....I'll be at Game 1 and 2.  

One advantage the Rangers will have is playing at MSG South, home crowd shouldnt be an issue since it may as well be 50/50 Rangers/Panthers fans down there while at MSG it'll be 99% Rangers fans.  

I saw Rangers fans in the stands wearing their jerseys during the Panthers vs. Bruins series lol

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Pete said:

Barely +.900 SV% and a GSAX of 2.6 is pedestrian. A week ago his SV% dipped to .892.

Bobrovsky’s playoff numbers are pretty ordinary throughout his career. And there have been some series in there that have been real clunkers, TBH.

Hes a threat if he gets hot. But all in all, he historically hasn’t been all that good. 

Edited by RangersIn7
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 4

12 hours ago, RangersLEETCH said:

I said it last series about these prognosticators and I will say it again;

Blow me in Macy's window bitches

• LMFAO 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

22 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Bobrovsky’s playoff numbers are pretty ordinary throughout his career. And there have been some series in there that have been real clunkers, TBH.

Hes a threat if he gets hot. But all in all, he historically hasn’t been all that good. 

As the playoffs go on, he's prone to physical breakdown. Playing every other night will hopefully speed that process along, but you have to make him work for it.

Kreider, Cullye, Lafreniere need to provide traffic and force him to be physically active. 

• Keeps it 100 1

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Barely +.900 SV% and a GSAX of 2.6 is pedestrian. A week ago his SV% dipped to .892.

Bobrovsky 58 games 18.13 GSAA and 2.08 HDGSAA this season. Igor 55 games 14.25 and -0.12. Playoffs Bob 11 games -0.40, 5.76. Igor 10 games 6.33, -3.05.

I think the takeaway is Bob had a slightly better regular season. The playoffs is a small sample size, but the goalies appear to be polar opposites. Igor has struggled with high danger chances, but been a brick wall on everything else.  Bob has risen to the occasion and been the best goaltender facing high danger chances, but has struggled with non-high danger chances. Weird playoff breakdown for Bob. I don't know that I like that from a Rangers point of view, as they are still too reluctant on the "fire all shots on net" approach in lieu of "wait for a high quality chance" approach.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Bobrovsky 58 games 18.13 GSAA and 2.08 HDGSAA this season. Igor 55 games 14.25 and -0.12. Playoffs Bob 11 games -0.40, 5.76. Igor 10 games 6.33, -3.05.

I think the takeaway is Bob had a slightly better regular season. The playoffs is a small sample size, but the goalies appear to be polar opposites. Igor has struggled with high danger chances, but been a brick wall on everything else.  Bob has risen to the occasion and been the best goaltender facing high danger chances, but has struggled with non-high danger chances. Weird playoff breakdown for Bob. I don't know that I like that from a Rangers point of view, as they are still too reluctant on the "fire all shots on net" approach in lieu of "wait for a high quality chance" approach.

I'm talking playoffs. I don't care about regular season, best of the best, right?

He's been ordinary. Igor is the superior player. 

Edited by Pete

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The Capitals are not the best of the best.

The standings say different. 

But I do appreciate you taking every opportunity you can to shit on the Rangers. 😊 

36 minutes ago, Pete said:

The standings say different. 

But I do appreciate you taking every opportunity you can to shit on the Rangers. 😊 

This doesn’t make sense. I’m shitting on the Capitals, not the Rangers. If you want to be delusional and live in a make believe world where the Capitals are in the same class as the Leafs/Bruins/Hurricanes and it’s tomato tomahto, be my guest.