• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Will Our Real Captain Stand up?

5 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Any predictions on how long it takes before the first negative post about CK?  A week?  A month?  A year?

30 minutes lol

24 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Any predictions on how long it takes before the first negative post about CK?  A week?  A month?  A year?

I will not do it for the rest of the run 

• CK20! 1

On 5/17/2024 at 6:14 PM, Sod16 said:

Would it be negative to note that in that third period CK was highly visible, drove play on his line, and used his size and strength to take the puck to the middle of the ice on numerous occasions... Just makes one wonder why it doesn't happen more often?

• Keeps it 100 2

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Would it be negative to note that in that third period CK was highly visible, drove play on his line, and used his size and strength to take the puck to the middle of the ice on numerous occasions... Just makes one wonder why it doesn't happen more often?

Glasses No GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

• CK20! 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Just imagine if he played like this every period of every game. 

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

Because he didn’t do that. The goals he scored were all typical Kreider goals. He banged home a loose puck at the side of the net. He deflected a puck in front. He tapped home a puck in front on the feed from Lindgren. The commonality is he didn’t have the puck.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Because he didn’t do that. The goals he scored were all typical Kreider goals. He banged home a loose puck at the side of the net. He deflected a puck in front. He tapped home a puck in front on the feed from Lindgren. The commonality is he didn’t have the puck.

Ah ... But he did do it. I'm not talking about the goals. I'm talking about the way he drove the play and was too much for the defense to handle.

There was one play specifically where he put the puck through a defender's legs with a toe drag and just couldn't recover it on the other side, where he would have been in alone on Anderson ... and I thought it was Cullye because I said to myself "Kreider never brings the puck to the middle of the ice, he just goes to the front of the net alone."

But alas, it was Kreids. 

Edited by Pete

5 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

You’re saying he’d look better in another color?

The real question is whether Zibanejad would turn the dress over to the special prosecutor?

8 hours ago, Pete said:

Ah ... But he did do it. I'm not talking about the goals. I'm talking about the way he drove the play and was too much for the defense to handle.

There was one play specifically where he put the puck through a defender's legs with a toe drag and just couldn't recover it on the other side, where he would have been in alone on Anderson ... and I thought it was Cullye because I said to myself "Kreider never brings the puck to the middle of the ice, he just goes to the front of the net alone."

But alas, it was Kreids. 

Lol I thought the same thing on this play. I challenge anyone to find a clip of the last time kreider even tried something like that, let alone succeeded. I will wait forever. 

Dude found a gear he didn’t even know existed when it mattered and that is why the jersey goes to the rafters when he’s done, on top of all the scoring records. Legendary period

• CK20! 1

On 5/19/2024 at 9:45 AM, Pete said:

Because it's hard to do.....He is one of the few players who even have the skill set and ability to make it happen. I'm not saying he doesn't have bad games, takes takes shifts off from time to time.... but he is one of the best players every to wear a Rangers jersey, especially for his whole career (so far). This guy is one of the most unappreciated players in all of NY sports.  

• CK20! 3

2 minutes ago, Duguay10 said:

Because it's hard to do.....He is one of the few players who even have the skill set and ability to make it happen. I'm not saying he doesn't have bad games, takes takes shifts off from time to time.... but he is one of the best players every to wear a Rangers jersey, especially for his whole career (so far). This guy is one of the most unappreciated players in all of NY sports.  

I don't disagree, but you have to realize he's underappreciated because of all this. He'll be one of the best athletes in NY sports history and simultaneously be a "What could have been...." story.

• 2 weeks later...