• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So do You Play Rempe Game 2?

24 minutes ago, Art20c said:

I don’t think absence of Rempe last game was the reason why we lost. To me the reason was not-so-good defense and inability to win battles along the boards. On top of all everything that played in our favor first 3 games ie pk and pp let us down. 

Brodzinski was on the ice for the first score against less than two minutes into the game.  Yes, it was Goodrow's fault, but what are those guys doing on the ice early when Brind'Amour controls the matchups?

I’d rather not see Brodz ever again. If Chytil cant go, i’d rather see Rempe and his 5-6 minutes of icetime. This kid could be Moshiach for the Rangers who could bring us to the promised land.  You dont have to play him, but when he’s dressed he brings us glory. 

• Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 3

12 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

I’d rather not see Brodz ever again. If Chytil cant go, i’d rather see Rempe and his 5-6 minutes of icetime. This kid could be Moshiach for the Rangers who could bring us to the promised land.  You dont have to play him, but when he’s dressed he brings us glory. 

Common sense is a nice thing to see.  

• Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

There’s arguments to both sides about Rempe playing or not and I understand both of them.  But, 8-7 record without him in the lineup should be speak loudly in my opinion.  There’s an intangible to him playing that really is hard to fathom or explain.  Doesn’t matter if he plays less than a minute or 6 minutes.  

Common sense once again.  I quality many posters here lack.  

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

38 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Rempe affects the game on the ice from his seat on the bench.

That's not true for most guys who are in the role but he creates a genuine fear in the opposing team just by his presence and he and Goodrow chirp really well together from the end of the bench.

That’s a bit of an overstatement IMO

Im assuming you mean him being a deterrent. Which is fair. Cause I think he is to an extent. 
It’s like owning a Great Dane. They see or hear that giant thing and they’re not coming in your house. 

But there are factors involved in that, especially in a playoff series, and especially if it’s a close game.

Guys are less likely to pull some stuff in those games generally. And if they do, it’s stupid. Refs will call it.

Also, depending on the officiating and who it is and how they’re watching and treating him on a given night, that’s impacting what he may be able to do as well.

And once again, he’s not seeing the ice after the 2nd period.

If something were to happen to where Lavy felt compelled to put him out there, refs are gonna watch him like a hawk and anything he does, they’re gonna call it cause they know what he’s out there for. 

Nobody on Carolina is scared of him, because nobody is going to fight him. Their defense certainly isn't scared of him, and the refs have a Target on him. 

Brindamour said in his post game that this was the best game the Rangers played all series. So that just goes to show you what the opposition thinks of a Rempe-less lineup.

I swear, I think some posters here just get a hard-on watching him sit on the bench and do nothing for 90% of the game. 

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

Guys, enough. Discuss hockey, not each other in any form.  Don't try to win the internet. Just share viewpoints about hockey and the New York Rangers respectfully. Hell, we all are fans of the same team, up 3-1, and want nothing more than a cup regardless of who the hell is in the lineup.

First and Last warning. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

41-22-3 record without Rempe in lineup for a .621 winning percentage. 
21-2-1 record with him in lineup for a .875 winning percentage.  
That’s the entire season including playoffs.  

Those stats are about as relevant as Carolina xGF%.

It's a ridiculous point you're trying to prove. 

"Hey, we don't know why the record is better, but the record is better!" 

It's baseless. 

I like him, I want him to play, I'm glad they win when he's in the lineup, but to act like he's the reason they win It's just so far from reality that I don't even know where to begin. 

Edited by Pete
  • LMFAO 1

Posted (edited)

Speak for yourselves, I couldn't be happier with where they are now. I'm happy when they win, regardless of who scores or is in the lineup, or if they get out shot and out chanced.

A win is a win, it's a race to 16 and it doesn't matter how you get there. 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

28 minutes ago, siddious said:

If the elbow connects then yes. Obviously if he’s closer I don’t think the elbow goes up once his arm makes contact with his body was my point. 

I think trouba is just too slow for the canes 

Until he hits one of them.

Then he’s not too slow

• Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Those stats are about as relevant as Carolina xGF%.

It's a ridiculous point you're trying to prove. 

"Hey, we don't know why the record is better, but the record is better!" 

It's baseless. 

I like him, I want him to play, I'm glad they win when he's in the lineup, but to act like he's the reason they win It's just so far from reality that I don't even know where to begin. 

This rock in my garden keeps tigers away.

BTW, I live in Florida. Not in the jungle outside of Calcutta. 

But this rock really does the trick!

You know how I know….

Well….You don’t see any tigers 🐅 around, do you?

• LOL 3
  • Applause 1

54 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

This rock in my garden keeps tigers away.

BTW, I live in Florida. Not in the jungle outside of Calcutta. 

But this rock really does the trick!

You know how I know….

Well….You don’t see any tigers 🐅 around, do you?

I hear those rocks keep scorpions, Pterodactyls and sharks away, yea?

3 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

And the Yeti, abominable snow man, and chupacabra.

16 hours ago, Keirik said:

Guys, enough. Discuss hockey, not each other in any form.  Don't try to win the internet. Just share viewpoints about hockey and the New York Rangers respectfully. Hell, we all are fans of the same team, up 3-1, and want nothing more than a cup regardless of who the hell is in the lineup.

First and Last warning. 

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

17 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

17 hours ago, Pete said:

And the Yeti, abominable snow man, and chupacabra.

Little known fact…

This one particular rock is also highly effective against Puerto Rican Jews

Considering the next round will be more than likely Florida, and they love to hit (the hits in their series with Boston are insane).......do you bring Rempe in for that one, to try and keep them honest? Or just for the home games? Or do you keep him out with the hopes the Panthers play their game and catch penalties? 

Posted (edited)

I don't think the Rangers are going to get by Carolina without Rempe factoring in somehow.  The team has a different sense of mojo when he's available vs when he is not.

We're kind of in a trap at this point because all of the alternatives have significant negatives and playing any of them on a regular shift is likely to create weaknesses the 'Canes can exploit.

What we did when we put Chytil back in was maybe neutral for the Rangers overall chances but playing Brodzinski was not neutral at all.  That was just playing somebody so we didn't need to dress Rempe and it came back to bite us within 2 minutes of the start of game 4.

If we get to game 7 putting Rempe back in will look like a panic move.  Much better just to put him in tonight and let things roll.

Edited by Br4d

It is better and always has been better to play him tonight over any option we currently have, including chytil, although I think there's an argument to be made there. 

Between him and anyone else at home it's not remotely close.