• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECQF: Hurricanes vs. Islanders

Who wins  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Islanders in 4
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/21/2024 at 12:18 AM

44 minutes ago, VegasRanger said:

I'd like to see the Islanders take it to 6 at least.  Tire them down, but, watching this series, I do not fear the Canes.  They look pedestrian at best.  Florida scares me more.

Isles stretching this series for as long as possible is best case scenario. Ideally with a few OTs thrown in. We've already seen Pesce go down as a casualty, so if the Isles can take out anymore Canes players it'll be a bonus. 

On 4/26/2024 at 10:19 PM, Albatrosss said:

I’m just saying, you are ragging on the piles and Lou but we had Panarin and Fox basically fall into our lap. Doesn’t take a genius to sign those too. Try building a team when no one wants to play for you

The Islanders don’t play in Siberia. They aren’t what they were 20-25 years ago. But they can definitely recruit. And while they don’t have the appeal of the Rangers, it still is a fairly attractive market in a new arena with good ownership. This isn’t 1999 anymore.

Panarin has the 4th highest AAV in the league. Sure, he chose to come here. But I wouldn’t say he fell in our lap. We had to pony up for him. And if he flopped, it would have been a disaster.

They do deserve to be ragged on. The front office has made several questionable decisions over the last few years in regards to roster management.

9 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The Islanders don’t play in Siberia. They aren’t what they were 20-25 years ago. But they can definitely recruit. And while they don’t have the appeal of the Rangers, it still is a fairly attractive market in a new arena with good ownership. This isn’t 1999 anymore.

Panarin has the 4th highest AAV in the league. Sure, he chose to come here. But I wouldn’t say he fell in our lap. We had to pony up for him. And if he flopped, it would have been a disaster.

They do deserve to be ragged on. The front office has made several questionable decisions over the last few years in regards to roster management.

Panarin turned down more money from the Islanders to play for the Rangers.

That said, the reason they have trouble attracting talent is Lou. Nobody wants to play for a guy with his stupid rules about shaving and everything else, and he negotiates like it's still 2005. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Irrelevant who wins. Beat the ever living shit out of each other. I'm 100% rooting for the Isles to push this to seven games, and I hope it's a painful, grueling affair to get there. I hope game seven goes seven OTs.

That said, for the 94 vibes, go Isles I guess?

• VINNY! 1

8 minutes ago, Karan said:

Isles need to find a way to win this. Canes aren't bruised and banged up enough. Need this to go to 7!

This game was over 7 minutes in, forget about going seven games. 

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

This game was over 7 minutes in, forget about going seven games. 

Yea Isles look completely stifled tonight, they've got nothing. Unless the Canes decide to take a nap and sit on this lead, this ends tonight.

2 minutes ago, Karan said:

Yea Isles look completely stifled tonight, they've got nothing. Unless the Canes decide to take a nap and sit on this lead, this ends tonight.

They just look cooked. No speed, no hitting, just going through the motions. 

3-2. I'm not going to say the Canes are garbage since they aren't but man o man they aren't exactly impressing me too much. 2 goals against on 10 shots.